Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

37 minutes ago, Albert Savage said:

I always fly with advanced flight model and I can't count the amount of helicopter I've lost due to this. I've been having this issue only when landing with my hellcat ( never used the orca so can't say about this one). 

Learn in editor, practice fine tuning in KOTH and/or Invade and Annex, then bring it to Olympus. That is how I learned (mostly normal flight settings, but sometimes practice advanced a little in the editor)

By the way, I have never found any perks of advanced besides a faster descent (which a good pilot can descend fairly quickly without advanced flight controls). Are there any other perks that I am missing?

27 minutes ago, JBruesch said:

Learn in editor, practice fine tuning in KOTH and/or Invade and Annex, then bring it to Olympus. That is how I learned (mostly normal flight settings, but sometimes practice advanced a little in the editor)

By the way, I have never found any perks of advanced besides a faster descent (which a good pilot can descend fairly quickly without advanced flight controls). Are there any other perks that I am missing?

I'd say I'm a pretty good pilot, the times I do blew up is situations like the OP, perfectly smooth landing but you still blow up ( I think this mostly happens on uneven grounds )

To be honest there is probably more downside than advantage to using AFM... The only real advantage I see would be the instant input for the throttle. I use a joystick and when using AFM, if I move the throttle, the helicopter reacts instantly. When AFM is off there is a 0.5 to 1 second delay for the helicopter to react to the input. The gauges AFM gives you are also quite nice.

Downside would include: harder to fly, engine stress ( when pulling up too fast the engine fails and you just fall to the ground if you don't recover), Torque becomes a real factor at low speed, randomly blowing up on smooth landings with certain helicopter... just to name a few

I mostly use it for the challenge to be honest. As a career RnR, I'm flying most of the time, might as well make it interesting :)

3 hours ago, JBruesch said:

Easier automatic Trim.