Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

What locking a post does.

Alright, I'm now triggered, In this post I will not name names. Although I'm extremely Triggered.

Recently some very good topics were locked due to "Not Going anywhere". I disagree with the reasoning behind the locking of these threads. All Locking does is put the pressing issue/suggestion in the denied bin. To get a suggestion to be made into a rule it needs to be viewed by the community/staff, by locking a suggestion due to trolls, flamers, and or "Off Topic" it gives the trolls, flamers and people against the rule what they want. For example, a thread was recently locked about a suggestion on Gang Tags within an Hour it was locked, although many people supported it and staff said they were talking about it. some people who were against the rule posted there criticism too a point where one criticizer posted the Original post main concept. What you call "Going nowhere" is what I call changing someones view on a situation. What successful community disregards it's player base for a conversation "That goes nowhere" unless we start calling each F*gg*ts and Slitting each others throats, it shouldn't be up to ANY Moderation team member to end a conversation. Who cares if it goes nowhere at the very least the community is heard and has a conversation that doesn't include "KYS". If we don't have a Forum to discuss on we either will resort to an un-Moderated TeamSpeak and a very under moderated side chat that normally will turn into "KYS F*GG*T". Now the point of this thread isn't to start a flame war nor is it to shame any staff member, it's to define what a forum and a successful community should look like.  For locking a topic only ends a conversation and hides an idea within the ocean of cancer. Now don't get me wrong some topics should be locked but not suggestion threads. Suggestion threads should only be moderated when someone takes a step further and attacks a person, not an idea, Even when one decides to an attack a person the Conversation should NOT be ended, the offending post should be hidden and the person warned. All one does by taking away the power to speak is nullify that person's ideas and show the community that trolls always win in the end. (they do)

qvL3zVi.png

Topic that triggered my Rampage

INB4 Locked.

• Like 6

If you guys want to hash it out using those derogatory words verbally in game, side chat or otherwise, do it somewhere else. But while you are in the HOUSE of Olympus, as a guest or otherwise, you must abide by the House rules, whether in-game or the forums. If it is up to the Housekeepers to mop it up they will. As you mention those that didn't agree and posted enough content to get it locked it happens.

6 minutes ago, Talindor said:

If you guys want to hash it out using those derogatory words verbally in game, side chat or otherwise, do it somewhere else. But while you are in the HOUSE of Olympus, as a guest or otherwise, you must abide by the House rules, whether in-game or the forums. If it is up to the Housekeepers to mop it up they will. As you mention those that didn't agree and posted enough content to get it locked it happens.

Then why cant the moderators just hide the crude comments and warn the person who wrote them... instead of shutting the whole topic down.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Talindor said:

Then Change the website from a forum, in the threads that have been being locked, There has been NO " derogatory words " nor was there a rule break. The current websites Function is a Forum for a reason. If i say something that offends you by all means post your mind, but dont lock the post.

• Like 1
Just now, G.O.A.T. said:

635973704823610467775588141_Safe-Space-S

For Example hide Comments like these. For the sole purpose of this post is to Flame. 

But for any reason, that this post should Lock a thread this cancer wins. And It Enforces that cancer makes shit go away

• Like 1
Guest G.O.A.T.
4 minutes ago, Fedot said:

For Example hide Comments like these. For the sole purpose of this post is to Flame. 

But for any reason, that this post should Lock a thread this cancer wins. And It Enforces that cancer makes shit go away

20721742398fdde0f4aa815c35db3051.png

I was agreeing with you, because this community has become too much of a safe space. But if you want to take it that way, sure go ahead bud.

Why can't we just slap warning points onto people and hide specific replies? This seems like a much better solution than locking up whole posts. People either conform to the rules or get warning points and forum bans, while still allowing positive conversation to continue.

• Like 1
Just now, G.O.A.T. said:

20721742398fdde0f4aa815c35db3051.png

I was agreeing with you, because this community has become too much of a safe space. But if you want to take it that way, sure go ahead bud.

I realize this goat, and appreciate you seeing this too. BUT I had to show some staff things that they may lock a post for.

• Like 1

I read your other post and I seen nothing wrong with it, I was addressing this post, warning the use of derogatory words etc. and how they are not be be said under any format Olympus related. I did not state your post had them I was simply putting a warning out there. In other words, post as much as you want, as long as like you said, no one is attacking anyone, harassing etc. Forums that violate the rules are locked to prevent further offenses.

4 minutes ago, Talindor said:

I read your other post and I seen nothing wrong with it, I was addressing this post, warning the use of derogatory words etc. and how they are not be be said under any format Olympus related. I did not state your post had them I was simply putting a warning out there. In other words, post as much as you want, as long as like you said, no one is attacking anyone, harassing etc. Forums that violate the rules are locked to prevent further offenses.

What you just said, is a dumb'd down version of

"If you post cancer on a thread you dislike you can get it locked" 

This is exactly the wrong way to handle cancer.

You are telling every Cancerous member (including me)

Instead of getting moderated, for posting Dogshit you can get your way and get a topic locked

I also like that my posts get locked faster than shit like this

eHouapo.png

Gets locked :/ #Priorities 

3 minutes ago, Dustin87 said:

Can I get a answer on why this community has become so politically correct and SJW. I mean for fucks sake this is a mature game and I can't use the word "Faggot".

Remember Crookz Days xD the good days. Good Old Olympus.

I would speak my mind but I fear of getting moderated tbh

7 minutes ago, Dustin87 said:

Can I get a answer on why this community has become so politically correct and SJW. I mean for fucks sake this is a mature game and I can't use the word "Faggot".

I don't think they mind TOO much if its just a little bit, but if you use it on one person continuously then they will probably consider it to be bullying and remove it.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

I don't think they mind TOO much if its just a little bit, but if you use it on one person continuously then they will probably consider it to be bullying and remove it.

Just now, Dustin87 said:

Not true people have been banned for calling other people faggot.

Dustin that's just of recent and the main reason why i'm bringing this up now