Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Disk Usage

So problems with arma and almost all big games is disk usage, As you can see it spikes to 100% and most of the time is at 100% the entire time,

I think its just my HDD failing and just gonna switch to an SSD but what you kids think, When it is at 100% my frames go to shit. hope the SSD will make my game stable. I'm not a computer expert but from what people tell me SSD is way to go.

d0eb21790962266123633649dbf12d62.png

35fd3648bd8923162604137270970347.png

Just now, obeymatt said:

are you recording ?

nah, that's just how it is all the time, sometimes when i'm just chilling watching YouTube or Twitch i look at it and its at 100%

1 minute ago, obeymatt said:

I mean your probably right your hdd is probably failing you could de frag it which could help, but arma is a pretty heavy game and it being on a hdd could cause lag especially if your using shadow play.

i've defragged it so many times, also restored pc many times just for arma. soon as i restore it or defrag it, its good for like 2 days then goes right back into the frame bullshit

11 minutes ago, Ozadu said:

In my opinion and SSD is essential if you are looking for performance in Arma. I got better performance from switching to an SSD than I did from upgrading my GPU from a 560 to an 970.

yeah, i'm looking forward to switching 

Have you tried to defrag?

The way windows works is when it writes it writes where ever on the disk in no order all spread out, unlike Mac and Linux which is based on Unix.

When you do a defrag it puts all the bits and pieces that are spread out in order for better performance so it doesn't have to search everywhere.

if that doesn't fix it I would do a chkdsk

if that doesn't help at all I would safely say its most likey something wrong with the drive itself.

7 minutes ago, K3control said:

Have you tried to defrag?

The way windows works is when it writes it writes where ever on the disk in no order all spread out, unlike Mac and Linux which is based on Unix.

When you do a defrag it puts all the bits and pieces that are spread out in order for better performance so it doesn't have to search everywhere.

if that doesn't fix it I would do a chkdsk

if that doesn't help at all I would safely say its most likey something wrong with the drive itself.

Yeah, i've done defrag, it didn't really do shit for me. Never tried chkdsk will look into that

On December 5, 2016 at 9:24 PM, Dog said:

So problems with arma and almost all big games is disk usage, As you can see it spikes to 100% and most of the time is at 100% the entire time,

I think its just my HDD failing and just gonna switch to an SSD but what you kids think, When it is at 100% my frames go to shit. hope the SSD will make my game stable. I'm not a computer expert but from what people tell me SSD is way to go.

d0eb21790962266123633649dbf12d62.png

35fd3648bd8923162604137270970347.png

I had the same problem I have a 1tb hard drive , I got a 500gb ssd and it hasn't happened since