Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Cops and hostage negotiations

So I've spent a lot of time watching and being a part of has rage negotiations on the part of a terrorist, I know the rules and according to them you cannot keep a hostage more than 10 minutes unwillingly and a max of 30 willingly, also you cannot rob and kill someone you have taken hostage.

So just to clarify, almost every instance the cops negotiating with us take so long it almost always passes the 10 and sometimes even the 30 minute mark, and sometimes the demands are not met or a bad role playing cop forces us to kill the hostage.

How does this work for RP's sake will an admin please answer? And might I suggest hostage negotiation training for corporals and above on how to conduct it and the cans/cannots of it? It would make for better RP I believe if there were more specific rules or guidelines for this type of occasion

• Like 1

Yeah the 10 minute rule is one of those rules that really limits good roleplay in hostage situations.

Negotiations always take a while, and I find that hostages who call the 10 minute rule are the real breakers of RP in these situations.

Most "cops" will allow you to keep them longer than 10 for rp, unless they need to go do something and really cant stay, but in that case i feel another "cop" should take his place. I have seen it many times when cops are told "these are my final demands or im going to shoot the hostage" , replies cop "lets try to change demands 2 more times" yes they fail rp all the time but nothing will be done about it.

At the same time to go along with how you are saying most cops dont know how to negotiate, you must remember that what ever is being asked for still must be realistic for what ever situation is happening. You cant expect everything to go your way the second you grab a hostage. When you start negotiations and then you get one low ball from the cops and you kill your hostage and go about your way, which is usually how it happens. People must realize that in instances like that the cops online dont always have the means to give what your asking for and have to check with higher cops online. 

I've never taken or been a hostage (except the one time PcP took me, bastards <3)

so I cant really relate, but from the videos ive seen on here, they dont seem to take the demands too seriously and 9 times out 10, the hostage dies because of it.

possibly looking up a manual for actual hostage negotiations and adapting it to the game would help, my clan does the same with actual military manuals and it works extremely well.

i think their should be a rule for the amounts of demands you can request, i think it should be 2 demands. i also bevel that for the ADP's sake they should make a $250000 cap on the hostage less it is more than 2. When i negotiate with the terrorist my superiors and i am unwilling to hand over 1 mill and a free jailbreak/ fed robbery for one hostage.

The 10 minute rule is so other players gametime is not ruined. If we didn't have a time limit then players could be held hostage for to long and it would simply piss them off. We allow the 30 minutes just incase the player wants to continue to RP but it is there choice after the 10 minutes.

As for hostage amounts, it is something we are talking about. Adding a cap to the demand amount I think would help things as well as stated above.

The 10 minute rule is so other players gametime is not ruined. If we didn't have a time limit then players could be held hostage for to long and it would simply piss them off. We allow the 30 minutes just incase the player wants to continue to RP but it is there choice after the 10 minutes.

As for hostage amounts, it is something we are talking about. Adding a cap to the demand amount I think would help things as well as stated above.

The problem is most of the time the cops don't want to rp because they lose gear. I understand not wanting to give players thousands of dollars but instead of the cops giving counter offers they simply say no and try to leave it at that. I want to say maybe make the cop gear cheaper for rp's sake, this might make cops more inclined to work out deals to save players instead of just letting them be killed.