medics not valuing their lives tisk tisk.

I came back to Olympus to have a look around today and i can believe it. a medic who doesn't value his life reving the other gang while we are clearly in a fight.
Texted warned, even told over direct.  
I wasn't like that when i was a medic thats for sure.
"i thought, maybe ill come back and see how the good ol rp servers doing today." 
first thing i see is a medic not valuing his life.
Is this a new thing.. can medics just keep reviving and then immidatly come back... cause that was called ghosting and i saw a few people get the boot because of it.
I came back to honor the good times and the fun i had here but was immidatly met with someone breaking rules. Who knows, so much has changed maybe medics just get to do what they want buahaha
all and all. server looks good, i see lots a cool and interesting changes.   i might come back, we will see.

yeah @Isaac Newton I have video of one medic not valuing his life. I sent R&R a text he continues to revive, minutes later a van shows up EMT hops out starts to revive ..... See's me literally 5 feet from him and stops.... This is a problem for sure.

6 hours ago, Theak said:

I came back to Olympus to have a look around today and i can believe it. a medic who doesn't value his life reving the other gang while we are clearly in a fight.
Texted warned, even told over direct.  
I wasn't like that when i was a medic thats for sure.
"i thought, maybe ill come back and see how the good ol rp servers doing today." 
first thing i see is a medic not valuing his life.
Is this a new thing.. can medics just keep reviving and then immidatly come back... cause that was called ghosting and i saw a few people get the boot because of it.
I came back to honor the good times and the fun i had here but was immidatly met with someone breaking rules. Who knows, so much has changed maybe medics just get to do what they want buahaha
all and all. server looks good, i see lots a cool and interesting changes.   i might come back, we will see.

Valuing life rule in the handbook has not changed since you left, Theak.  Neither has the process of reporting a medic who could be possibly violating the handbook or breaking server rules.  Record and report the medic to a senior R&R member.  We can get to the bottom of the issue if you provide us more than just "Hey, there are medics breaking rules"

Multiple things could be an issue here, not gonna argue that.  Value for life, NLR, Using tactics vs. completely disregarding a clear and present threat, etc.  All of this we take seriously and will enforce in a heartbeat just like all handbook rules.  Do your part, record and report, and we will do ours.  It's your choice that a naughty (or brave? or naive?) medic is the sole determining factor between you coming back to the servers or not, but I haven't received a single valid report from you with so much as a name or screenshot or video to go off of.

This server has a lot of issues with the players sometimes completely disregarding rules - you see the same frustrations that you are having from new players who encounter RDM or are victims or blatant rule-breaking in Kavala or something.  People suck and need to be punished, or they are just unaware that certain rules exist and need to be taught.  Sometimes rules need to change, but not before we get to the bottom of the issue.  Medics typically value their lives and will retreat when the threat is direct/sent through EMS text and clearly represents a danger to their lives.  Past that, if they saw a way to get the downed player by using tactics or the appropriate vehicle or method for example, then they are authorized to go in and give it a shot as long as they are exercising caution.  It's a fine line, very hard to regulate but we do regulate it the best we can.  Again, more of a reason why we need video evidence.  If you don't record in 2018 then I have nothing for ya.

Best of luck.

EDIT: Fixed typos and wording. Can't type today...

• Like 4
2 hours ago, MrBoonie said:

yeah @Isaac Newton I have video of one medic not valuing his life. I sent R&R a text he continues to revive, minutes later a van shows up EMT hops out starts to revive ..... See's me literally 5 feet from him and stops.... This is a problem for sure.

Still waiting on that video

15 hours ago, Isaac Newton said:

Valuing life rule in the handbook has not changed since you left, Theak.  Neither has the process of reporting a medic who could be possibly violating the handbook or breaking server rules.  Record and report the medic to a senior R&R member.  We can get to the bottom of the issue if you provide us more than just "Hey, there are medics breaking rules"

Multiple things could be an issue here, not gonna argue that.  Value for life, NLR, Using tactics vs. completely disregarding a clear and present threat, etc.  All of this we take seriously and will enforce in a heartbeat just like all handbook rules.  Do your part, record and report, and we will do ours.  It's your choice that a naughty (or brave? or naive?) medic is the sole determining factor between you coming back to the servers or not, but I haven't received a single valid report from you with so much as a name or screenshot or video to go off of.

This server has a lot of issues with the players sometimes completely disregarding rules - you see the same frustrations that you are having from new players who encounter RDM or are victims or blatant rule-breaking in Kavala or something.  People suck and need to be punished, or they are just unaware that certain rules exist and need to be taught.  Sometimes rules need to change, but not before we get to the bottom of the issue.  Medics typically value their lives and will retreat when the threat is direct/sent through EMS text and cliSearly represents a danger to their lives.  Past that, if they saw a way to get the downed player by using tactics or the appropriate vehicle or method for example, then they are authorized to go in and give it a shot as long as they are exercising caution.  It's a fine line, very hard to regulate but we do regulate it the best we can.  Again, more of a reason why we need video evidence.  If you don't record in 2018 then I have nothing for ya.

Best of luck.

EDIT: Fixed typos and wording. Can't type today...

Isaac Newton, you are probably the best lawyer/mediator i have ever seen.
you defend this server like brave heart!

Let me say i am not trash talking the server. i think all the new things are great, and no they don't all work out but your trying and thats the point.
The fact that he was breaking the rules so ... ew... it just immidatly puts that distaste back in my mouth.
Thats behavoir that made alot of people leave and keep new players from sticking around. Its a soft rp server sure, its a game, sure, but then why play if its no longer fun.
As for people playing roles, its a game, that has to be made clear its a game ment to have fun on.
I have seen many many many people break the rules and i have personally turned in alot too. i mean the whole massive ban of the higher up medics awhile back that was crazy!
I jumped on after taking a break from and i get caught off guard by a MEDIC breaking the rules so openly and in such destructive mannor.
I record all the time and this guy just got lucky that i was playing on king of the hill for 4 hours recording and i wasn't paying attention and ran out of room. He was completely destructive with his actions.
yes destructive,  we worked on killing those tools, spent money on guns, titans, stole some coke off another trollish gang (that was worth it anyway, a whole tempest load that they didnt get), spent the time and engery into enjoying the game, and just like that in less than 5 mins ruined by one medic in it for the 30k or w.e it is now.  ( or he was just being bias which is worse)

This completely made me question why i even came back as a civ. honestly whats the point is the only question i keep asking myself. As for proof, knowing what the admins can see, you know all you have to do is go look at the logs, see us telling the medics to stop. I dont think it should be our full responsibility on this one as it is something that is loggable.( guess i can't say that, i never admined for olympus, maybe i should apply, but on the koth server i help we can see the logs) check the servers text, check the direct from the other player, check the revives. that easy done. now i dont know what kind of admin programs your using so maybe you can't see that but if you could its cut and dry. And thats asking someone to look through last nights logs to even find when im talking about and thats rediculous that someone would have to do that to stop someone breaking the rules.
There are people buying olymus cash with moms credit card and then making fun of people who are accualy grinding for it. Idc that your buying money but then shaming players for playing the game...   REALLY?!  So a we went to king of the hill for awhile because thats all teh server was aiming toword was the ddossed gangwars that usually flopped due to ... a troll. 

If I only had the footage! it was so bad i would have montoged it for sure. but i ran out of space and it didnt save. HOWEVER, i wasn't the only one recording and i believe that person is taking the proper steps to report.  I have been in multiple roles for the server, i know how the report works. 'inssufficent evidence' unless you take my word, which alot of people would back, the 18oo+hrs ive loged in multiple roles and a lot of trolls would trash talk me which makes my word worth 2 times as much. it bothers them your doing it right. 

I had notified the medics, then other other person notified the medics. then i put 3 round near him, then i put 3 rounds in his car. ( these were placed rounds, calculated, not missed spray shots which would have been easyily seen in the video lol) He just kept going, then the other player killed him tring to revie the next player.  *NOTE i do not kill medics its shamefull. the other player even gave him 2 chances to stop. in direct aswell.

Weather or not the medic gets even a verbal, its crazy the chances that i get on and see this.
p.s. to the kids that want to troll. Why dont you put that engery into homework like math, or aiming... buahahahahah ( i know i could use a bit of spelling edumication )

anyway, this was put here in general because its just general talk.  for others the that like to play with me that heard i might be comming back... buahah well this was day one. maybe ill see how its going later. ill prob be a medic and help all you lovely players out again like the oldin days.

Shoot idk whos left of some of the good origianl players. but anyway see ya around
and thanks isaac newton for your words