Will Malden be another Tanoa?

I've been hearing talk about possible Malden server and im curious.  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Malden will end up being another Tanoa?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

If you were on the sever long enough you would remember the great Tanoa server. The first week or two it was popular but then the population quickly died and became a server people only hopped on to make money. At one time a lot of the big gangs had a seize fire and they didn't even rob each other due to their only reason being on Tanoa was to make money to fight later on the Altis servers. If Malden becomes a server do you think this will happen again or will people actually fill up the server for a period of more than 2 weeks? 

• Like 2

I don't think its going to happen with Malden, I mean it could but I personally dont see it. I mained the tanoa server when it was up and the reason it was a farming server was due to the map its self, big map, very spread out and you would have fly to almost every location and solo runs were long and boring. Not to mention if I remember right there wasnt any fed events that I could remember or they werent very good and the cartels were awful including a couple cartels that were simply islands. If OS takes what tanoa didnt have, fed events, a well thought out map, decent cartel locations and more pvp which I hope a smaller map would bring I think the server will last. The tanoa map was not good for pvp and the only gangs that actually did stuff besides runs were the big ass gangs so everyone eventually joined them and they ran the server. Not just that but Maldens currency is not supposed to carry over to the altis servers so the money you make on Malden stays on malden, so farming would be kinda pointless imo. I'm looking forward to Malden.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima said:

I don't think its going to happen with Malden, I mean it could but I personally dont see it. I mained the tanoa server when it was up and the reason it was a farming server was due to the map its self, big map, very spread out and you would have fly to almost every location and solo runs were long and boring. Not to mention if I remember right there wasnt any fed events that I could remember or they werent very good and the cartels were awful including a couple cartels that were simply islands. If OS takes what tanoa didnt have, fed events, a well thought out map, decent cartel locations and more pvp which I hope a smaller map would bring I think the server will last. The tanoa map was not good for pvp and the only gangs that actually did stuff besides runs were the big ass gangs so everyone eventually joined them and they ran the server. Not just that but Maldens currency is not supposed to carry over to the altis servers so the money you make on Malden stays on malden, so farming would be kinda pointless imo. I'm looking forward to Malden.

there were feds and jails, they just kinda sucked due to the jungle and what not

13 minutes ago, Trimorphious said:

there were feds and jails, they just kinda sucked due to the jungle and what not

Yea I could remember doing fed events there but they werent as well thought out as the ones on altis and my gangs could make more money doing runs lmao

6 minutes ago, Austin said:

Does anyone know when Malden is set to be released or has that not gotten out yet?

Hasn’t been an official release date yet. The designers are doing a good job grinding out the map and textures though. I’d say sooner rather than later.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, draMa said:

Hasn’t been an official release date yet. The designers are doing a good job grinding out the map and textures though. I’d say sooner rather than later.

Malden is a beautiful map and I'm hoping that the server lasts because I am looking forward to actually playing on it.

• Like 1

I actually liked Tanoa, it was a fun break from the Altis map. I haven't played or seen the Malden map yet but if it is a different database I think it'll go pretty good because it won't be used as a farming server.

9 hours ago, Bow said:

I actually liked Tanoa, it was a fun break from the Altis map. I haven't played or seen the Malden map yet but if it is a different database I think it'll go pretty good because it won't be used as a farming server.

I personally really enjoyed playing Tanoa alot and wish it would of stayed a server.

5 hours ago, Callumm said:

[Pillow] Callum the Tonoa main, that was the shit back in the day :(

haha I remember fighting u guys all the time. If i remember right I fought u when i was in X-Rated at rebel island when we were doing turtles on it.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Austin said:

haha I remember fighting u guys all the time. If i remember right I fought u when i was in X-Rated at rebel island when we were doing turtles on it.

yeah hahaha we were all new and so bad, you clapped us every fight  lol 

On 7/2/2018 at 6:48 PM, Trimorphious said:

Sounds kind of cool hiding in lots of vegetation sniping