Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Arent Cops a little bit too strong

I dont think cops should have a say in this one, since they aren't the ones that are directly affected. Honestly they don't need a buff, maybe make it where tasers take 2 hits? Or something along the lines of that because guns take multiple hits, and technically APD usually always has the advantage. But in all honesty, they arent that bad

3 hours ago, NigWard said:

Because your a cop and die all the time 

The whole point of cops not having an NLR rule is to simulate real cops. If you kill cops in real life, more cops are going to come. In the game you need to make the decision to either stay and fight (knowing the cops don't have to follow NLR) or try to leave the fight while some, or even all the cops are dead.

• Like 2

but but but... screw the small gangs..what about the solo players...we should make it so if its a solo player vs. cops only 1 cop can respond at a time to make it fair!:Kappa:

• Haha 1
  • Kappa 1
3 hours ago, Imawowboy said:

The whole point of cops not having an NLR rule is to simulate real cops. If you kill cops in real life, more cops are going to come. In the game you need to make the decision to either stay and fight (knowing the cops don't have to follow NLR) or try to leave the fight while some, or even all the cops are dead.

Ok so let’s remove NLR for gangs so we can simulate real gangs? You kill a few gang members and then the backup they called came to help.

Edited by NigWard
16 hours ago, NigWard said:

Ok so let’s remove NLR for gangs so we can simulate real gangs? You kill a few gang members and then the backup they called came to help.

#1 Gangs don't call in their buddies to help them fight cops, once the cops get there it's every man for themselves.

#2 Unless your the fucking bloods your're not going to have 100 people on stand by ready to fight gang wars.

#3 even normal gang fights aren't even fights, Gangs rarely (1/1000) actually have fire fights. Most gang related deaths are caused by a drive by.

#4 EVEN IF they get into a fire fight, they don't phone their buddies asking for back up "YO LIL RICKY DOWN WE NEED SUPPORT UP IN THIS BITCH" All of their people are already going to be their, armed and ready to fight, just like in Olympus.

23 minutes ago, Toviyah said:

How about if there is more than 5 cops 5 minute NLR applies? This rule gets an exception at federal events. Problem solved. Small gangs get a chance, and big gangs doing other shit have the same fights.

I’m not against shortening the NLR time for federal events. That would be interesting but may not be realistic.

1 minute ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I’m not against shortening the NLR time for federal events. That would be interesting but may not be realistic.

There is no NLR time for fed events? It works by waves, and wave rules would still apply, just that in other than federal events cops have 5 min NLR. Maybe even remove the NLR from illegal areas.

6 minutes ago, Toviyah said:

There is no NLR time for fed events? It works by waves, and wave rules would still apply, just that in other than federal events cops have 5 min NLR. Maybe even remove the NLR from illegal areas.

I meant for civs. Cops go into red zones in waves. There is no NLR for cops but there is for civs if you get killed “legally”. 

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Whoops my bad @Toviyah I misread your post. Hahah I’m thinking civs the whole time. When you were talking about cops. 

I feel dumb.

9 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I meant for civs. Cops go into red zones in waves. There is no NLR for cops but there is for civs if you get killed “legally”. 

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Whoops my bad @Toviyah I misread your post. Hahah I’m thinking civs the whole time. When you were talking about cops. 

I feel dumb.

Ohhh no my bad.

I forgot to specify that it was for cops.

why would cops have nlr...even 5 mins... its to simulate backup... you gun down all the cops of a town... the cops of the neighboring town, county sheriff, state police, etc. isnt going to say, oh well they all dead, not our problem...no they a re going to double time their ass to the situation to arrest the guys who killed their brothers in arms...

Fighting cops is easy AF as is.... wipe the first group, then run....if you cant get away, get to the nearest red zone, wipe the wave, then bounce between waves...if that still dont work.... go to rebel...if there isnt a Sgt+ on (which is most the time) they can only go in of 1st wave and 1st wave backup...(only if they follow you in)

know the rules and know when to run... nerfing cops to be fair for small unorganized groups will render them useless for larger organized groups... get better and grow your group and stop bitching... learn different strategies for different personnel you have on... also know your group... be real with yourself... know your skill and don't get pissed when others are better then you..

59 minutes ago, Toviyah said:

Ohhh no my bad.

I forgot to specify that it was for cops.

Your good man the thread is about cops after all so I’m retarded haha

37 minutes ago, MAV said:

why would cops have nlr...even 5 mins... its to simulate backup... you gun down all the cops of a town... the cops of the neighboring town, county sheriff, state police, etc. isnt going to say, oh well they all dead, not our problem...no they a re going to double time their ass to the situation to arrest the guys who killed their brothers in arms...

Fighting cops is easy AF as is.... wipe the first group, then run....if you cant get away, get to the nearest red zone, wipe the wave, then bounce between waves...if that still dont work.... go to rebel...if there isnt a Sgt+ on (which is most the time) they can only go in of 1st wave and 1st wave backup...(only if they follow you in)

know the rules and know when to run... nerfing cops to be fair for small unorganized groups will render them useless for larger organized groups... get better and grow your group and stop bitching... learn different strategies for different personnel you have on... also know your group... be real with yourself... know your skill and don't get pissed when others are better then you..

+1

48 minutes ago, hawk said:

Imagine cops having NLR :bigcheefface:

Hahahah

Off topic but @MAV when you posting your montage? hahaha

7 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Your good man the thread is about cops after all so I’m retarded haha

+1

Hahahah

Off topic but @MAV when you posting your montage? hahaha

The Federal Reserve Anti Air needs to take down a few more choppers before that goes live :-)

16 minutes ago, MAV said:

The Federal Reserve Anti Air needs to take down a few more choppers before that goes live :-)

Make sure that I look like I died honorably haha! You know I still have nightmares about that shit MAV. Total mind fuck.

In a 1v1 against a civ with no armor? Maybe.

In a 1v2+ against civs with no armor? No.

Cops are the ruling party of Olympus and there is a finite amount of them versus the hundreds of players that log on each day. So it only makes sense that they get special privileges to balance things. Also, they have to blare their sirens or talk to you before engaging, so you should have to run away or prep to fight. 

Honestly, most of the cops I have fought weren't great at PvP (MOST), so if you are decent, you should be able to kill a few and escape. 

Edited by Septimus