Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

About the APD...

19 hours ago, obnoxious said:

Let’s talk about the APD.

Recently there have been a huge influx of posts that all usually center around an APD nerf. A lot of these posts are bots with 20 hours played but still a lot of the community isn’t happy with the state of the APD. I know this server doesn’t care about rebel life and prefers cops and vigis. And I know my opinion won’t matter because fuck the rebels but still, Ill try. Keep in mind I  DONT THINK THE APD IS OVERPOWERED OR SHOULD BE REMOVED OR SOME BS LIKE THAT, THEY JUST NEED A REWORK. Now let’s begin :bender-dance:

First for federal events, balance ghosthawks. 

During my first week in Tree I did a Jailbreak. We killed off 3 waves of deputies and PO’s and out of nowhere a sergeant gets online and we get ghosthawked. For a server that wants to “simulate the real size of a police force” that is outright stupid. If I kill around 9 rookies and normal officers in real life, no one is going to bring out an armed and armored helicopter to kill me and my group of 6. Instead of allowing ghosthawks to be pulled like that, make it so there’s a minimum amount of waves before it can be pulled or a minimum amount of people or something. 

2nd restraining officers.

This is brief. After I tase anyone I can restrain them. Why isn’t this the same with cops? You may argue “but RDM vigis can restrain them!”. Well, vigis can RDM civs and take their weapons which cost infinitely more than a cops load out EVER will. So I think if I tase a cop I should be able to restrain him. And with 3 to 1 I think that it’s  stupid that I can’t restrain the officer. Not getting into that though.

3rd the taser script.

Now we all can agree, the taser script is completely broken. Cops have full auto tasers that full on 2 tap me in full rebel, level 4 gear. I think the taser script just needs to be worked on and balanced out. Mcdili stated it was broken a long time ago. Maybe instead of making false promises and adding useless shit like fucking underglow you should fix your game.

tldr; I don’t think the APD is overpowered. However the APD seriously flawed and needs work.

Well most of this is not how I would go about fixing the apd, but he is fighting the good for for our civ brothers. Dont call him a retard but help him improve upon his ideas or introduce new ones. If your a cop main you opinion is important for us to hear but do not act like you have an idea what it is like to be a civ main. Nobody cares you have 300 hours on civ. That 1000 on cop has completely destroyed your soul.

6 hours ago, Caleb Snackbar said:

Civ hasn’t died yet we have to pay at least 10k for revive and if we can’t get revived it’s 100k+ for loadout 

Yeah but civs have access to much better gear and lethal force.

If cops started paying 10k when they died even at feds the APD would get buffed into oblivion, civs don't quit because of the price but if they had subpar gear and only tasers they would. POs would get better guns, armor and probably lethals while deps would get better armor and current PO guns to compete, the 2 waves before lethal and 2 deaths outside redzones would also be reduced to level the playing field.

22 minutes ago, sploding said:

Yeah but civs have access to much better gear and lethal force.

If cops started paying 10k when they died even at feds the APD would get buffed into oblivion, civs don't quit because of the price but if they had subpar gear and only tasers they would. POs would get better guns, armor and probably lethals while deps would get better armor and current PO guns to compete, the 2 waves before lethal and 2 deaths outside redzones would also be reduced to level the playing field.

Then make the payments proportionate to there gear and how commonly they die, they make a insane amount of money with minimal chance for loss

Edited by Caleb Snackbar
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, Grim Khan said:

the only thing they should add is cops losing 15k or some amount every time they die, when i kill a cop i want him to lose at least something like I do when I get ran up on by 9 cops and have to sit in a virtual jail for 80 minutes and lose like 300k 

i dont give a shit about anything else because in my opinion cops are balanced because they get one shot by most rebel weapons and are pretty damn easy to kill but just make it so they lose some money on a death so they lose something, yall try to keep the "simulation of a real police force" and make all these real life examples of what would happen etc etc.. but cops just spawn in with a full loadout every time they die so just make it that they lose 15-20k every time they die so if i shit on a cop 4-5 times he is down a sizable amount of money because with him just coming back over and over and over again he has everything to gain and nothing to lose and if i lose after the 8th time ive shat on the cops they reap all the benefits and i get to sit in virtual jail for over an hour

I like the idea coming from a APD standpoint it will make cops value their “loadout”