Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Locked The Ghosthawk.

Ghosthawk Patrol - Ghosthawk patrols are conducted by Sergeants or higher.  These patrols are utilized for a heavy APD response to large gang actions or high risk rebel activity.

So, in the last 8 hours of my game time, I've fought against the Ghosthawk 3 times. watched it gun down an unarmed man in an offroad, and pull over SUV's with unarmed men in them. Patrol each rebel outpost like it's a normal Redzone. Watch it get pulled out at 6pm GMT, get's put away at 5:30am GMT.

Bit over the top if anyone else agrees?

• Like 6

It has been out probably 90% of the time i've been on for the past few weeks. At first I thought it was just the lack of time the Senior APD members played (before all the new people got promoted) so I just wasn't used to it but it literally makes it impossible to do any illegal activity when its out as much as it has been. +1 on the bit over the top statement.

To be fair you didn't seem to have any reservations about it when we did the ghosthawk patrols back when there weren't even titans.

It's not that I disagree with you, just saying with titans back its not as bad as before.

To be fair you didn't seem to have any reservations about it when we did the ghosthawk patrols back when there weren't even titans.

But to also be fair, the Ghosthawk was rarely out on patrol before titans were around. 

I Agree with mcdili today when we raided the rebel we couldn't come close to rebel at all with the ghosthawk without getting titaned or 50 cal'ed. We were forced to retreat to HQ to get a little bird and come back with a more fast approach in the end the little bird gave us a better result over the ghosthawk.

It's not that I disagree with you, just saying with titans back its not as bad as before.

Correct, but at that point .50 Cals weren't a dam thing to pull out, whereas now, pretty sure the Ghosthawk has only run into a .50 with me, sure it's run into Titans, but If I'm not wrong in saying, either the Titans, or the choppers are bugged. because Titan's do little in terms of real damage to a ghosthawk, well, at least to any one who can fly it, and as far as I'm aware, everybody who has the ability to pull a Ghosthawk, is a pretty dam good pilot.

Also, If you remember well McDili, we VERY RARELY assaulted rebel, I think with us, we assaulted rebel maybe 4 times in about 4 weeks. of course at this point the wipe happened. Not only that, we patrolled in it not very often at all. generally because we were in it for about 5 minutes, then Boom hostage situation and you had to go deal with that, I enjoyed being in your left gun, generally because I didn't feel that it was being overused either, Choppers were generally the only form of transport then, whereas now, it's rare to see a chopper at prime time. Titans and expensive choppers and insurance have already secured that.

Don't get me wrong I think they're both USEFUL and NECESSARY for the APD, but like I said. I watched some poor poor bastard get lethal hell rained on top of him simply because he trying to evade a ghosthawk unarmed in an offroad. Overuse can be a problem. probably who knows, maybe with the introduction of the 2 new Sergeants, it's more commonplace since they're new and it's the ''Ooooh aaah'' look at my shiny new Ghosthawk effect. Maybe soon that'll wear off.

I Agree with mcdili today when we raided the rebel we couldn't come close to rebel at all with the ghosthawk without getting titaned or 50 cal'ed. We were forced to retreat to HQ to get a little bird and come back with a more fast approach in the end the little bird gave us a better result over the ghosthawk.

pretty sure if you're referring to the altercation we had at Pyrgos rebel, you guy's didn't even have a ground unit, so maybe instead of piling everyone into the ghosthawk bring more people via the ground than just the one usual P.O. or Deputy dropped 800 Meters out, I mean, I would've been an easy snipe for anyone that was on the ground.

1. Correct, but at that point .50 Cals weren't a dam thing to pull out, whereas now, pretty sure the Ghosthawk has only run into a .50 with me, sure it's run into Titans, but If I'm not wrong in saying, either the Titans, or the choppers are bugged. because Titan's do little in terms of real damage to a ghosthawk, well, at least to any one who can fly it, and as far as I'm aware, everybody who has the ability to pull a Ghosthawk, is a pretty dam good pilot.

2. Also, If you remember well McDili, we VERY RARELY assaulted rebel, I think with us, we assaulted rebel maybe 4 times in about 4 weeks. of course at this point the wipe happened. Not only that, we patrolled in it not very often at all. generally because we were in it for about 5 minutes, then Boom hostage situation and you had to go deal with that, I enjoyed being in your left gun, generally because I didn't feel that it was being overused either, Choppers were generally the only form of transport then, whereas now, it's rare to see a chopper at prime time. Titans and expensive choppers and insurance have already secured that.

3. Don't get me wrong I think they're both USEFUL and NECESSARY for the APD, but like I said. I watched some poor poor bastard get lethal hell rained on top of him simply because he trying to evade a ghosthawk unarmed in an offroad. Overuse can be a problem. probably who knows, maybe with the introduction of the 2 new Sergeants, it's more commonplace since they're new and it's the ''Ooooh aaah'' look at my shiny new Ghosthawk effect. Maybe soon that'll wear off.

4. pretty sure if you're referring to the altercation we had at Pyrgos rebel, you guy's didn't even have a ground unit, so maybe instead of piling everyone into the ghosthawk bring more people via the ground than just the one usual P.O. or Deputy dropped 800 Meters out, I mean, I would've been an easy snipe for anyone that was on the ground.

1. Thanks for the compliment

2. 90% of the time I am being taunted to go to rebels via text spam (we meet the rebel raid requirements every damn time). I hardly ever raid without having a prior reason to do so (i.e chase or text). 

3. I mean that's why they are texted 3 times. We are never aiming to kill the driver of the vehicle, but rather simply disable the vehicle in a means to apprehend him. No different than shooting out the tires from a little bird just more protected. If they truly value their life to begin with they would pull over because it is far to risky to evade in that situation. 

4. The initial wave was a raid and we did have a ground unit. Subsequent waves towards that direction were not raids we were being titaned and shot at by a 50cal from a kilometer out that argument is void. That was not a rebel raid that was a long range engagement with a lot of expensive machinery on display. When we did go back via little bird for an actual rebel raid, there was a ground unit and we did apprehend some of your members.

1. Thanks for the compliment

2. 90% of the time I am being taunted to go to rebels via text spam (we meet the rebel raid requirements every damn time). I hardly ever raid without having a prior reason to do so (i.e chase or text). 

3. I mean that's why they are texted 3 times. We are never aiming to kill the driver of the vehicle, but rather simply disable the vehicle in a means to apprehend him. No different than shooting out the tires from a little bird just more protected. If they truly value their life to begin with they would pull over because it is far to risky to evade in that situation. 

4. The initial wave was a raid and we did have a ground unit. Subsequent waves towards that direction were not raids we were being titaned and shot at by a 50cal from a kilometer out that argument is void. That was not a rebel raid that was a long range engagement with a lot of expensive machinery on display. When we did go back via little bird for an actual rebel raid, there was a ground unit and we did apprehend some of your members.

Invalid argument: You didn't get me or my Fiddy. :D

4: point, the Titan was actually fired from inside the Rebel, yes, I was at some points 200m from the actual red, but that's why the appropriate texts were sent from the Fiddy. but if you were coming to engage the group, which there was a group of us, 5 inside the compound, 3 out, Shouldn't  you have brought a ground unit anyways? since you were fighting in AND out of red? with the same group based mainly about the rebel?

Added point 5: Got the .50 to Safety and made my great escape in a submarine from the boat Shop. Action movie worthy.

Invalid argument: You didn't get me or my Fiddy. :D

4: point, the Titan was actually fired from inside the Rebel, yes, I was at some points 200m from the actual red, but that's why the appropriate texts were sent from the Fiddy. but if you were coming to engage the group, which there was a group of us, 5 inside the compound, 3 out, Shouldn't  you have brought a ground unit anyways? since you were fighting in AND out of red? with the same group based mainly about the rebel?

Added point 5: Got the .50 to Safety and made my great escape in a submarine from the boat Shop. Action movie worthy.

The 50 cal vs ghosthawk strafes were just an RP engaged fight. All texting was fair and proper. When the rebel was actually raided (when we pushed to apprehend some of you) we had the appropriate requirements to do so.

Cops everytime people complain about cops being OP:

its not about cops being OP, its about cops using the correct vehicle for the task at hand. you wouldn't see RL cops chasing and shooting at a dude running from them after he see the lights and decides to run.

lets send in the army and tanks for a gas station robbery

its not about cops being OP, its about cops using the correct vehicle for the task at hand. you wouldn't see RL cops chasing and shooting at a dude running from them after he see the lights and decides to run.

lets send in the army and tanks for a gas station robbery

Why the fuck does it matter what the cops use? You get to use whatever the fuck is at your disposal at all times - Why can't the cops? 

The Ghost Hawk should be used in regular patrol - It is the only way to stop a fleeing helicopter on a reliable basis. If you don't want to 

Deal with the ghost hawk, use ground vehicles, and obey the cops orders.

Also: Altis Life doesn't compare to real life at all. Literally..At All.

Why the fuck does it matter what the cops use? You get to use whatever the fuck is at your disposal at all times - Why can't the cops? 

The Ghost Hawk should be used in regular patrol - It is the only way to stop a fleeing helicopter on a reliable basis. If you don't want to 

Deal with the ghost hawk, use ground vehicles, and obey the cops orders.

Also: Altis Life doesn't compare to real life at all. Literally..At All.

RP much?

its supposed to be role playing. so your flying your little bird or driving your car around, then all of a sudden "oh shit" you spotted a heavley armed convoy of rebels doing something they aren't supposed to be doing. call for back up roll in and doesnt work. fucking wasted. "second wave". this situation we have encountered calls for more fire power and therefore time to bust out the big guns. ghost hawk in air with ground support below you approach the situation more heavily armed and go from there.

this isnt "lets fry around in my winged tank and fuck the shit out of everything"

yes the ghost hawk has its uses and im in complete agreeance with it being used in the proper situations. as moob pointed out, why the fuck do you need a ghost hawk to pull over and unarmed offroad?

check please

Cops everytime people complain about cops being OP:

giphy.gif

Err... Never at any point did I refer to the cops being ''OP'' I just said at the top, at this point having the Ghosthawk flying around all the time, and the use of force from it was a little questionable. What's the point in a 2 hour long fight at Rebel, You've exhausted a lot of resources in the fight, finish a wave and you're able to leave, *Phew* cops are off our tail. head to another rebel, you're there for 2 minutes and another 2 hour fight.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the fights, but I can't go anywhere near towns or talk to people, have a little RP with some people other than the cop that's standing infront of you while you're cuffed, which of course I'd be doing in a ground vehicle since I'm in town.. and I'll go nowhere without being exterminated by 4000 rounds of 6.5mm Justice. 

Like I said, This is not a flame thread. Just a few of mine and a few others opinions. and a conversation with Virus to see his reason behind his use of the Ghosthawk, who in my eyes, is the person I'm referring to with the point of this (Who knows, I ain't seen Gucci yet)

• Like 1

RP much?

its supposed to be role playing. so your flying your little bird or driving your car around, then all of a sudden "oh shit" you spotted a heavley armed convoy of rebels doing something they aren't supposed to be doing. call for back up roll in and doesnt work. fucking wasted. "second wave". this situation we have encountered calls for more fire power and therefore time to bust out the big guns. ghost hawk in air with ground support below you approach the situation more heavily armed and go from there.

this isnt "lets fry around in my winged tank and fuck the shit out of everything"

yes the ghost hawk has its uses and im in complete agreeance with it being used in the proper situations. as moob pointed out, why the fuck do you need a ghost hawk to pull over and unarmed offroad?

check please

confirmed virus pulled out his ghosthawk with the intent on gunning down an offroad.

APD may only patrol the rebel outposts with the correct amount of APD and support vehicles. If they are camping them and it is obvious then report it as with any other type of player report.

As for ground units it seems some players are once again taking it literal. When the rule was made it was meant as in a vehicle ground unit not players being dropped off outside the zone. This has been added to the upcoming rule changes so this should be less of an issue.

If APD are in a Ghosthawk and have sent the proper texts to a person and they refuse to stop then it falls on them if they are shot at.

Only Sgt's and higher have access to the Ghosthawks so it isn't as if every APD member has one. Make sure to know there is a chance one will be around and be prepared for it.

Titans do less damage to Heli's but they can still bring one down with a couple shots, again be prepared.

So the ''Ground unit'' rule, meaning that they must physically have a ground vehicle rather than drop off 1 person and use that as a ground unit?

Yes, henceforth we must use a ground vehicle instead of dropping someone off outside the redzone.

So its a ground vehicle and an air vehicle.

at least you're honest bro. who missed me while i was gone to panama city beach for spring break anyone?

I fucking missed the hell out of you bud, welcome home my darling

.tumblr_mw3b44fJ0u1qi68abo1_500.gif

• Like 1