20200428011046_1.thumb.jpg.a8e016d765d7db81a11e850ec3263066.jpg

unknown.thumb.png.562e8054204f3ec5be8b9db616f5a5a9.pngunknown_1.pngunknown_2.pngunknown_3.png

What we thinking? I've had a go and got multiple, if not all the vehicles with the same skin as shown, that the APD use (Vehicle wise) and I don't think that I've done a bad job for my first attempt at texturing vehicles. Although the more advanced the vehicles get the more struggle because of the different parts I had to code in and texture, I'm just here at this point for a feedback on these. The inspiration is taken from this Police Car's that were in the APD previously and I myself, liked the markings that they had over the new APD skins which are nice but I just find the other aesthetically pleasing (No Offence, Nerd).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
55 minutes ago, Sagebrush said:

Looks unfinished, and like a cheap knockoff of the current police vehicles.

“First attempt” + look nothing like the current vehicles, I’m not sure if you can read but they are done to look like the old markings not the new ones... You’re clearly not that clever because you haven’t given any constructive or workable “feedback” other than the fact that you expect more angels and expect the vehicles to be covered in even more images I assume. Unfortunately you aren’t the Designer Team and or anybody with reputable impact on the skins used within the APD... so your “feedback” in nonsensical. 

Edited by L85A3
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, L85A3 said:

“First attempt” + look nothing like the current vehicles, I’m not sure if you can read but they are done to look like the old markings not the new ones... You’re clearly not that clever because you haven’t given any constructive or workable “feedback” other than the fact that you expect more angels and expect the vehicles to be covered in even more images I assume. Unfortunately you aren’t the Designer Team and or anybody with reputable impact on the skins used within the APD... so your “feedback” in nonsensical. 

r/iamverysmart

Look I don't think these textures are that bad. But, I will say, posting your work and giving a bunch of justifications about how its your first time and you had trouble with this and that and blah blah blah doesn't make your textures any better at all. Just finish your work next time and pull out the textures that speak for themselves.

GL Retard

6 hours ago, L85A3 said:

20200428011046_1.thumb.jpg.a8e016d765d7db81a11e850ec3263066.jpg

unknown.thumb.png.562e8054204f3ec5be8b9db616f5a5a9.pngunknown_1.pngunknown_2.pngunknown_3.png

What we thinking? I've had a go and got multiple, if not all the vehicles with the same skin as shown, that the APD use (Vehicle wise) and I don't think that I've done a bad job for my first attempt at texturing vehicles. Although the more advanced the vehicles get the more struggle because of the different parts I had to code in and texture, I'm just here at this point for a feedback on these. The inspiration is taken from this Police Car's that were in the APD previously and I myself, liked the markings that they had over the new APD skins which are nice but I just find the other aesthetically pleasing (No Offence, Nerd).

Honestly the textures are better than I can do, but they look unfinished. You have black on black text, incorrect handwriting (emergeny) and the vehicles are just plain black, which appeals to me because I am a fan of all black. But realistically these textures aren't as good as the ones we have now. It would be super super super cool to have more textures in the APD, more than just donor hatch and reg hatch, but these textures just aren't it.

Its a good start. I remember when I started to first make textures, they looked very similar to what i see here. Keep at it, get creative, this could go somewhere.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, L85A3 said:

college melted my brain, life is a pain, and i lack the will to read. 

1. Keep the primary tone black

2. Keep your designs consistent, why does the SUV / hatchback have a different decal style in relation to the off-road, van and prowler.

Below are my thoughts on changes that could be done to achieve two different thematic styles, (1 is a more moddern "police style" 2 is monochromatic and can be used to imply that the police force maintains  "authoritarian control" role rather than  "civil protection".

2.5.1    If you decide to keep the style of the suv / hatchback, i recommend that you add a tertiary tone to either break up *1  or fully solidify *2 the monochromatic style the vehicles currently posses and are poorly executing.

2.5.2     If you wish to keep the off-road / van / prowler decal design find something to fill out the empty space below the white bar (an alternate shade), or find a way to accent the letters that don't know if they want to be white, or black. *3 

and lastly:

3.     By what authority is this police force operating? Include some sort of seal or crest on the vehicles to prevent them from looking like mall cops vehicles.

*1  (use either a yellow or some other bright color)

*:(use red accents)

*:(the first-responder" decal will be difficult to view at a distance, and the "police" cutout on the prowler is poorly defined.)

on a final note, at least you know enough to use the 1.613 golden ratio

• Like 1

Not bad definitely need more detail though. From experience i know APD vehicles are quite a bit harder than civ vehicles simply because you can through a simple texture and color on a vehicle and have it look good such as the bape orca, but apd vehicles have to have some flow and theme to it. Definitely keep going and keep my updated though.

• Like 1