Remove betting?

Remove betting?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to remove betting?

This server has been around for so long without a wipe that there is an absolute ton of money already in circulation. Luckily a very large percentage of the wealth is concentrated in the hands of just a few. Disabling betting will keep all of the money of the wealthy more locked in place and force poor people to obtain money through other methods. Another problem with runs and money in general is the concentration of a few people owning a lot of high value property. If we did not allow people to use alt accounts to own more property than the limit of one account, it would allow more people to own property that is worthwhile.

I also agree with rex that various incentives through price changes should be looked at to incentivize the making of money.

We should target the one percent of olympus and have major taxation on them to fund government projects and then they will have to be poor and do runs just like us

*Edit - if I am in the one percent I do not support this position

Edited by Solomon
hypocrisy
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Buffs to legal don't actually help

Doesn't need to be sell price, the biggest drawback for me when doing runs is the fact that it can take up to six hours for the price of an item to go back to max. The current market system is broken because of the lack of runs being sold. A passive increase to market price would actually encourage people to be doing runs because they would be max more often. I would talk more in depth about how a few factors can play into fixing the market if anyone cares to hear.

• Like 3

i dont understand this concept where people say betting causes people to not do runs, when people bet their money away, they gotta go do runs cuz they go broke, either way people will do runs, also betting is an option, instead of betting you can go do runs, it's not mandatory

2 hours ago, Loading said:

i dont understand this concept where people say betting causes people to not do runs, when people bet their money away, they gotta go do runs cuz they go broke, either way people will do runs, also betting is an option, instead of betting you can go do runs, it's not mandatory

aren’t you broke from betting? and permed too? 🥴

• Downvote 1
Just now, Loading said:

Yeah I went broke and did runs... your point?

my point is you’re deluded in thinking that betting doesn’t affect the server. nobody does runs anymore and everyone is sitting in cities trying to bet. the people who do runs, such as yourself, are the ones who make a couple mil and bet it away in an attempt to snowball and make millions off of it or they just quit the server because they don’t have money.

1 minute ago, Loading said:

The only reason you’re against betting is because you lose, stfu and go do your meth runs

kid, you’re retarded. I’ve made more money off betting than you’ve had in your bank account. Also, who said I disliked betting because I lose? I actually like betting but it’s ruined the server because nobody does runs anymore and the economy is inflated. Winning or losing is besides the point. If I fly around the map for hours and have yet to see anyone, there’s obviously an issue.

1 minute ago, Loading said:

I rather have people betting making money so people can fight each other instead of having to do runs 24/7

I would agree if it wasnt for the fact that currently theres barely people fighting as their too busy betting :^) 

Just now, SPBojo said:

I would agree if it wasnt for the fact that currently theres barely people fighting as their too busy betting :^) 

Sorry everybody on the server are a bunch of role players, also poundcake I’ve won 15x your gambling winnings

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Loading said:

also poundcake I’ve won 15x your gambling winnings

funny, considering you’re always broke and begging people in side chat to bet you when you’ve been cleaned. more gambling winnings doesn’t mean shit if you lose it all, especially when you spend your time betting all day. 

20 minutes ago, SPBojo said:

real gamers bet on OG

• Haha 1

This wouldn't been a problem had the server had an economy wipe a year and a 1/2 ago just everyone has money and doesn't wanna do runs like the rich guys hardly play anymore. Like lets look at Cats he's been #1 for ages and rarely hops on now because there's nothing for him to do he has money and houses and items and vehicles. Had economy  been wiped awhile ago there would be runs

1 hour ago, PEACE said:

This wouldn't been a problem had the server had an economy wipe a year and a 1/2 ago just everyone has money and doesn't wanna do runs like the rich guys hardly play anymore. Like lets look at Cats he's been #1 for ages and rarely hops on now because there's nothing for him to do he has money and houses and items and vehicles. Had economy  been wiped awhile ago there would be runs

Wouldn't have been a problem because the server would shut down if you wipe. Literally would kill the whole thing.

On 5/5/2020 at 3:38 PM, m o n s t e r said:

imo taking away betting wont stop people from not doing runs, they'll find other ways to make money, like banks, feds etc.

we want more feds not kids sitting in towns betting

• Like 1
4 hours ago, poundcake said:

funny, considering you’re always broke and begging people in side chat to bet you when you’ve been cleaned. more gambling winnings doesn’t mean shit if you lose it all, especially when you spend your time betting all day. 

real gamers bet on OG

how am i always broke? im at 15m, the other day i was at 90m? also why's it matter if i go bet my money away? i just go do runs and use warpoints for loadouts, why are you still responding to me? shouldnt you be doing meth rn?

• Clown 1
  • Downvote 1
41 minutes ago, Loading said:

how am i always broke? im at 15m, the other day i was at 90m? also why's it matter if i go bet my money away? i just go do runs and use warpoints for loadouts, why are you still responding to me? shouldnt you be doing meth rn?

you're an idiot. keep getting robbed at frog pro. 

1 minute ago, poundcake said:

says the one who talks all that shit on cap, only to be the one who dies in your gang every time. stay permed, retard. 

not true, i frag you guys all the time? youguys are my fan boys so your whole gang just slams me, stfu retard, fix your aim

pass on that one, i like doing my all in bets!

Just now, Doofy said:

Here maybe a solution........ put a large cool down on bets or put a cap on the amount you can bet! ....... its not that hard is it?

• Hmm 1