Gun owners license taken by cops

in some instances having a cop take your gun owners license makes sense. But in others it doesn't. Being arrested pretty much is an automatic gun license removal. It sucks.

My gun was in my pack, caught with 1 shroom on me for a session of RP and it's taken away. :(

Don't you think it should be xxxx amount of drugs caught on you whether it's on your person, in a car or in your house before it's taken away?

I have a rebel, but sometimes it's just nice to protect yourself by going to the gun store.

I think my glow sticks were confiscated too.

[emoji43]

I

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Did you have anyone bounty on you? Because weapons are only to be confiscated when you have a crime on your record that requires a weapon. Exp: manslaughter, attempted manslaughter, robber, etc... If or if an officer witness you say hoping a rook, then find you breaking a law or you already have a bounty and you don't have a license for it then they should add possession of firearm without license then take your weapon. If you were clean and only had 1 mushroom and they took your gun they mad a mistake. (Ps no names need to be mentioned)

I had a bounty for drug trafficking. Do the cops know how much I sold?

He gave me a 500 ticket instead of the 17000 one but I see he added more afterwards, but settled on 500.

more then likely it was a patrol officer and what he did was give you a 500 dollar ticket as a pardon since that is all he allowed to do by APD standards. he either gives you full price bounty or if he believes your story and rp he can write a 500 dollar pardon ticket.

• Admin

But the fact that he took your gun and it's license it's beyond me. If the only thing you had on your were mushrooms then there is no reason to seize the weapon. Make sure to speak to that arresting officer when you have a chance and/or submit a comp ticket if you have evidence of this. 

But the fact that he took your gun and it's license it's beyond me. If the only thing you had on your were mushrooms then there is no reason to seize the weapon. Make sure to speak to that arresting officer when you have a chance and/or submit a comp ticket if you have evidence of this. 

He could of seen him with the gun out, probable cause with drug trafficking to check licenses / search.  Didn't see a firearms license and then went from there.  

If he didn't take your gun, searching your player doesn't remove licenses.

• Admin

He could of seen him with the gun out, probable cause with drug trafficking to check licenses / search.  Didn't see a firearms license and then went from there.  

If he didn't take your gun, searching your player doesn't remove licenses.

Yeah , but that's the thing. He said that he did not take the gun but the license. That's because I said I was confused as to why the license was taken away from him. Maybe it could have been a glitch? Like yesterday I was not able to seize a weapon for some reason. Not even Jorbis when he tried. 

• Admin

Are you sure you had no other bounty that you remember?.. It's just that either way let's say you had a manslaughter charge, the gun and license would have both been removed, not only one of them. The only way that I know to let the person keep their license and not the gun is if the CIV puts the gun in the ground and then seizes it. 

Nope no manslaughter. I have the incident recorded of the arresting officers but not when I bought gun.

They added some bounty to the drug trafficking. I saw my wanted icon go to 22k. I didn't look at wanted list to see either, so I didn't catch what he added.

• Admin

Nope no manslaughter. I have the incident recorded of the arresting officers but not when I bought gun.

They added some bounty to the drug trafficking. I saw my wanted icon go to 22k. I didn't look at wanted list to see either, so I didn't catch what he added.

• Admin

Yeah I'm not too worried about it. If it was a chopper or something or I just started I would ask for comp. Was just curious about it.

Ah okay. I understand ;) 

Here you go. From when I first saw charge. I skipped ahead until cops found me. The rest is history. Sadly as I think I said. i didn't check the added charge in wanted list. you may want to wait a few minutes to get the 1080p version

• Admin

Funny video man, nice RP. from your point of view it seemed like they did everything by the book. I'm almost sure it was just a glitch. Later when I get home I'll watch the video again so I can see who the cops are because of the crappy internet at my office I can't read their names. I only want to do this to find out from their end if they did something out of the ordinary that might have triggered this and to then forward it to the appropriate channels to get it fixed ASAP, hopefully it's just an isolated Arma bug. 

Just curious.. learning here.. Why did they have probable cause to search the registration of the vehicle? The driver did not do anything wrong, had not broken any laws from what I can see (honking horn is not wreckless driving). Does registration search (other than an abandoned vehicle) not require any probable cause? Teach me senior APD

Just curious.. learning here.. Why did they have probable cause to search the registration of the vehicle? The driver did not do anything wrong, had not broken any laws from what I can see (honking horn is not wreckless driving). Does registration search (other than an abandoned vehicle) not require any probable cause? Teach me senior APD

Why did they have probable cause to search the registration of the vehicle?: The officers went to have a friendly chat with the driver of the suv to see if everything was alright as the driver slammed on the horn as he drove past. Checking the registration on a vehicle is the same as running the vehicle's plates through the APD system.

The driver did not do anything wrong, had not broken any laws from what I can see (honking horn is not wreckless driving): Correct honking isn't wreckless driving, however the driver of the suv did act with slight suspicion/cause for concern ie: honking on the horn then pulling off behind a building. Honking could technically be considered disturbing the peace, but only if the situation goes to the extreme which never happens with honking. Instead the charge of disturbing the peace is reserved for players playing music through their microphones as well as mass unlocking/locking of vehicles.

Does registration search not require any probable cause?: Checking the registration on a vehicle is the same as running the vehicle's plates through the APD system.

Why did they have probable cause to search the registration of the vehicle?: The officers went to have a friendly chat with the driver of the suv to see if everything was alright as the driver slammed on the horn as he drove past. Checking the registration on a vehicle is the same as running the vehicle's plates through the APD system.

The driver did not do anything wrong, had not broken any laws from what I can see (honking horn is not wreckless driving): Correct honking isn't wreckless driving, however the driver of the suv did act with slight suspicion/cause for concern ie: honking on the horn then pulling off behind a building. Honking could technically be considered disturbing the peace, but only if the situation goes to the extreme which never happens with honking. Instead the charge of disturbing the peace is reserved for players playing music through their microphones as well as mass unlocking/locking of vehicles.

Does registration search not require any probable cause?: Checking the registration on a vehicle is the same as running the vehicle's plates through the APD system.

I can pull anyone over and check plates?

I am sure they saw my name or tilde'd me. I was playing along. If i wanted to get away I would have kept driving. Took them a minute but they found me and we rolled with it. I was honking to get there attention actually. LOL