variety is the spice of life...or some shit like that

i'm not bitching or complaining but just a mere suggestion.  I think it would be great if there were more clothes and weapons in game.  I'm not saying sniper rifles but i'm sure there is some weak weapons that could be added.  The only one I know of is the .45 pistol.  I know it doesn't add much to the game but I like variety.  Also in the clothes department I am sure there is some things that could be added.  If i'm wrong let me know or if adding this stuff would make the server lag or would just take way too much to add such a little thing. 

• Like 1

There isnt much that can be added imo. We already have most weapons added except for the .45 and the starter pistol. As for the bigger guns... lol. Maybe some reskins of the skins we already have..? IDK... GIVE CIVS THE NEW SILENCED PEASHOOTER 12.7MM :3

The addition of the MK1 for the Senior APD was based on the fact that APD needed a boost to help fight against rebels. Civilians have the advantage the majority of the time, i.e: numbers, positioning(usually playing defense), officers are required to make the first move by announcing themselves(thus revealing position), vehicle strength, vehicle selection, firepower.

Civilians already have access to various 7.62mm rifles, Senior APD received the MK1 to help balance this. I know you guys aren't going to like this, but civilians are not going to get the MK1.

• Like 2

What about clothes? What is so great about the mk1 its 7.62 right? So how is it better than the mk18? How would that make it OP for civs

Never said that civs having the MK1 would make you guys OP. If the MK1 is given to civs, APD would have to find a new weapon for Senior APD. If the weapon was for both civ and cop it would mean that they could have an illegal weapon, or an APD weapon depending on how they obtained the weapon. You guys have already got multiple 7.62 rifles, so I personally can't see you receiving another.

Thomas keeps asking for clothes and everyone keeps talking about weapons. I've named my weapon Daisy.

i agree there should be more civ clothes. There's too many green and white and blue striped shirts running around. Makes it hard to recognize who it is.

Additional clothing for civilians would be cool, however the size of the mission file was limited the amount of clothes on the server and this may still be the case. Maybe we'll see some more clothes in the future, maybe we won't. 

I'm guessing that you guys are requesting custom clothing? Because the vast majority of Arma3's civilian/military clothing is already in Olympus.

• Admin

Additional clothing for civilians would be cool, however the size of the mission file was limited the amount of clothes on the server and this may still be the case. Maybe we'll see some more clothes in the future, maybe we won't. 

I'm guessing that you guys are requesting custom clothing? Because the vast majority of Arma3's civilian/military clothing is already in Olympus.

Yes, more clothing would be great. The mission file is not a bad download. I would not be mad to download a 50mb - 100mb mission file as long as it's worth it. 

Clothes COULD be an option, however all the built-in clothing options are already implemented with the exception of a few. Textures could be created but also as stated, the mission file would rise.

What kind of clothes are we talking here because "More clothes" doesn't really give us that much to go on.

• Admin

Clothes COULD be an option, however all the built-in clothing options are already implemented with the exception of a few. Textures could be created but also as stated, the mission file would rise.

What kind of clothes are we talking here because "More clothes" doesn't really give us that much to go on.

How about more casual clothing? Suits? Clown suits? Funny cartoon t-shirts? And the rebel army and/or army type clothing could be combined? or maybe add more to the mix so that we can differentiate people a little more? What does everyone else think? And Odin, is this even possible? 

honestly I don't know what I want just an idea to get people thinking and talking.  But from what it seems most everything is already implemented so I won't be bugging you guys for more anything and its back to moving the weed field...please of course

Most anything is possible when it comes to custom textures, its just a matter of keeping file sizes to a minimum. I'm not going to say yes or no on if this will happen, but its better to have the ideas and the answer be no, than have the answer be yes and there be nothing to work toward.

Clothing Ideas:

• Suits
  • T-Shirts
  • Fun clothes (clown suits, etc.)
  • Admin

Most anything is possible when it comes to custom textures, its just a matter of keeping file sizes to a minimum. I'm not going to say yes or no on if this will happen, but its better to have the ideas and the answer be no, than have the answer be yes and there be nothing to work toward.

Clothing Ideas:

• Suits
  • T-Shirts
  • Fun clothes (clown suits, etc.)

Precisely what I was thinking. Others can voice their opinions as well. 

yes this would be awesome...just something different...but only if its easy to do and doesn't make the server laggy or buggy.  if would be funny as hell to see people in a santa suit or a swim suit but just anything different really...also please move the weed field