Keep Server 2 open

Unfortunately outside of during vacations from school etc Server 1 barely fills up outside of specific times during the day and even then its not hard to get in.

As someone that played strictly Server 2 before the shutdown there was barely 30 people on at all times, the only times the server had a healthy chunk of people on it was when Conquest was still being done on S2. 

I understand the frustration of not being able to play on your favorite arma 3 server but in the long run its just not worth opening S2 again permanently as it was being used for nothing but a AFK money farm.

If anything, open the server during specific time periods on weekends, outside of that I don't really see how there would ever be a need to open the server again.

• Like 6
  • +1 2
  • Hmm 1
15 hours ago, SimpPatrolBlojo said:

Unfortunately outside of during vacations from school etc Server 1 barely fills up outside of specific times during the day and even then its not hard to get in.

As someone that played strictly Server 2 before the shutdown there was barely 30 people on at all times, the only times the server had a healthy chunk of people on it was when Conquest was still being done on S2. 

I understand the frustration of not being able to play on your favorite arma 3 server but in the long run its just not worth opening S2 again permanently as it was being used for nothing but a AFK money farm.

If anything, open the server during specific time periods on weekends, outside of that I don't really see how there would ever be a need to open the server again.

they want the AFK money farm or they get womped during runs and complain again

• Like 1
  • +1 1
  • Haha 2
50 minutes ago, SimpPatrolBlojo said:

I really don't understand what your trying to say, care to elaborate? 

i think it kinda speaks for itself lmfao.

• Like 2
  • Hmm 1
4 minutes ago, FrankieTwinkletoes said:

i think it kinda speaks for itself lmfao.

That I'm broke? Look at my playtime lol, i haven't played for over a month outside of refreshing houses 😅

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, SimpPatrolBlojo said:

That I'm broke? Look at my playtime lol, i haven't played for over a month outside of refreshing houses 😅

He was making joke saying you were using it like AFK money farm like you said cause you have like 70 mil.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Mark Brittlestone said:

He was making joke saying you were using it like AFK money farm like you said cause you have like 70 mil.

Ahhhhh

Yeah, i 100% abused the fuck out of S2 back then to AFK money

4 hours ago, hawkg said:

I would just keep it open on the weekends.

You got server 2 upkeep money? Ryan aint paying for that

actually just cause the server is only on for a few hours a day doesn’t magically change prices. it’s the same price regardless of how long the server is on, because you pay for a spot on the node, not how much you use it. 

figured i’d chime in.

however this isn’t me agreeing the server should be up 24/7. just wanted to add in about how hosts work

• Like 2

2018/19 there were enough people playing life servers on arma in general to maintain 2 servers with a 3rd time based server for both asylum and olympus

problem now in 2021/2022 is, people arent playing like they used to, 
opening server 2 does nothing but give shitters the ability to go to a less populated server, keeping the main server less populated.

Keeping 2 servers will just mean that instead of a full server you've got two half full servers

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Frinetic said:

2018/19 there were enough people playing life servers on arma in general to maintain 2 servers with a 3rd time based server for both asylum and olympus

problem now in 2021/2022 is, people arent playing like they used to, 
opening server 2 does nothing but give shitters the ability to go to a less populated server, keeping the main server less populated.

Keeping 2 servers will just mean that instead of a full server you've got two half full servers

thats so accurate. 101st just wants it open cause they used to main s2  easier to do their runs and less random titans

Arma 3 is dying with only averaging 10k players daily and the game being 10 years old with little mechanical updates its going to keep dying. DayZ used to average 10k players daily and now it averages 50k players daily witch Arma was doing that like 4 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, BottleNeck said:

Arma 3 is dying with only averaging 10k players daily and the game being 10 years old with little mechanical updates its going to keep dying. DayZ used to average 10k players daily and now it averages 50k players daily witch Arma was doing that like 4 years ago. 

the reason day z saw a comeback is cause the only gamemode in it gives great replay value similar to altis life   the playstyle gets you dedicated to your account   arma life servers will die last id expect the first to go to be the invade and annex servers then koth   

4 hours ago, xxdausxx said:

101st just wants it open cause they used to main s2  easier to do their runs and less random titans

As nice as this is, you're ignoring the fact how full s1 gets in the evenings (U.S. timezones) and I'd rather just be able to join instead of spam joining in an attempt to join.

19 minutes ago, Blackout2991 said:

As nice as this is, you're ignoring the fact how full s1 gets in the evenings (U.S. timezones) and I'd rather just be able to join instead of spam joining in an attempt to join.

best way to deal with that?

dont be a whiny bitch about it.

If you want a good server you'll wait your fuckin queue time.  Its the same for any game with any playerbase.

I don't see people complaining about this shit on Rust.

Wait your turn, or find something else to play.

2 hours ago, Blackout2991 said:

fair point but by next week its boutta be dead again

i dont think there are enough players to make it a necesary expense to server operating costs   

2 hours ago, FBI Agent Phil said:

ya but for everyone saying it cost money it dose and they use the server for conquest to so they have been paying for server 2 all along as far as i know

have you ever played s2 conquest?  its actually horrible all the maps suck and all the frits get chopped   thats why the run conquest on s3

48 minutes ago, xxdausxx said:

fair point but by next week its boutta be dead again

i dont think there are enough players to make it a necesary expense to server operating costs   

yeah that's fair, but if people are donating enough for it to be supported then I don't see why not, at least make s2 the hybrid conquest/altis life server it used to be. When s2 was up before, it had a decent pop and s1 stayed pretty full even during normal school times, so I feel like that is enough to justify it.

53 minutes ago, Blackout2991 said:

yeah that's fair, but if people are donating enough for it to be supported then I don't see why not, at least make s2 the hybrid conquest/altis life server it used to be. When s2 was up before, it had a decent pop and s1 stayed pretty full even during normal school times, so I feel like that is enough to justify it.

I mean I love server 2 for cop cause there’s always runs but the issue is profits tbh. More money saved means more money to staff more updates and better quality overall. 

• Like 1