Combat Medic

Combat Medic  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How would you guys feel about having a form of combat medic?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/06/23 at 07:09 AM

44 minutes ago, Marcus said:

I would like to see what you guys think.

I like the idea, however how would this operate? Similar to APD? Having tasers only? Or having lethals only? And would this be used as some form special medic force? In like the APD requests backup at like a fed etc? Allowing the medic to defend themselves from rebels and also revive APD etc. 

• Like 1
  • Director of R&R
25 minutes ago, jdominique said:

Can you give a few examples of this it seems interesting.

I will be providing an example of how it could function shortly 🙂

2 minutes ago, Fastik said:

I like the idea, however how would this operate? Similar to APD? Having tasers only? Or having lethals only? And would this be used as some form special medic force? In like the APD requests backup at like a fed etc? Allowing the medic to defend themselves from rebels and also revive APD etc. 

So They would have tasers as having lethals i feel would be sort of a money farm in a way.  I also like your other comments there about assisting the APD these things are not apart of the draft i am proposing but i would look into seeing if something like that would work.

• Like 1
  • Director of R&R

Here is how a Combat Medic would function.  The Medic would arrive on scene and try to begin medical services like normal once a rebel engages the medic the medic can detain the rebel using his government issued taser and restrain the rebel and can then continue with providing medical services.  Once the player has been revived the medic would then take the detained player back to the hospital and release them to go about their business.  With that being said say for example that people doing a diamond run defended their run and the Combat Medic arrives that medic can then talk with the rebel check the vehicles reg and see if they were telling the truth and if so the denial would stand and the medic will leave.

this is a rough draft of the idea and will continue to be refined over time.

• Like 4
  • Hmm 2
  • Downvote 8
21 minutes ago, Marcus said:

Here is how a Combat Medic would function.  The Medic would arrive on scene and try to begin medical services like normal once a rebel engages the medic the medic can detain the rebel using his government issued taser and restrain the rebel and can then continue with providing medical services.  Once the player has been revived the medic would then take the detained player back to the hospital and release them to go about their business.  With that being said say for example that people doing a diamond run defended their run and the Combat Medic arrives that medic can then talk with the rebel check the vehicles reg and see if they were telling the truth and if so the denial would stand and the medic will leave.

this is a rough draft of the idea and will continue to be refined over time.

With this said. Would a combat medic be a different whitelist like swat? Or would it be locked behind a certain medic rank? And would combat medics be distinguishable from normal medics.

• Like 1
  • Director of R&R
5 minutes ago, i strangle geese said:

this is what i got blacklisted for and now you want to make it a feature????

If you got blacklisted for killing someone it’s against the rules.

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Marcus said:

If you got blacklisted for killing someone it’s against the rules.

it was a combat medic situation i was providing medical services and someone from the notorious silla gang engaged on me and i pulled out my government issued mk18 and laid their ass out.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Director of R&R
2 minutes ago, Fastik said:

With this said. Would a combat medic be a different whitelist like swat? Or would it be locked behind a certain medic rank? And would combat medics be distinguishable from normal medics.

I would like it to be a new rank in between search and rescue and para. They are still medic can revive and give dopamine but they will be wearing a medical fatigues and vest and have a weapon to show they are of that rank.

How would this work for being taken hostage though? I mean you can't rob medics so it's pretty much a perm taser you can't lose. And would combat medics with weapons have to adhere to the 3 to 1 rule? It doesn't seem like a bad idea but there is a lot that would need to be thought of. Maybe give them their own vehicle skins and a different color uniform so civs know who they are dealing with. Also maybe restrict them to certain vehicles because this just seems overpowered considering no one ever expects a medic to be packing. 

• Like 1
  • Director of R&R
4 minutes ago, Fuzz^ said:

How would this work for being taken hostage though? I mean you can't rob medics so it's pretty much a perm taser you can't lose. And would combat medics with weapons have to adhere to the 3 to 1 rule? It doesn't seem like a bad idea but there is a lot that would need to be thought of. Maybe give them their own vehicle skins and a different color uniform so civs know who they are dealing with. Also maybe restrict them to certain vehicles because this just seems overpowered considering no one ever expects a medic to be packing. 

to address th hostage concerns yes 3:1 would apply to them and once done they will function for you as a hostage medic. Weapon to be placed on their back and you have the 15 minutes with them.  And yes there is a lot of thought going into this idea so that this could be something new and add a layer of fun to medic.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Marcus said:

to address th hostage concerns yes 3:1 would apply to them and once done they will function for you as a hostage medic. Weapon to be placed on their back and you have the 15 minutes with them.  And yes there is a lot of thought going into this idea so that this could be something new and add a layer of fun to medic.

I believe robbing of weapons should be allowed as well. It needs to have some risk of loss involved. Not just Reward Reward Reward

• Like 1
  • Director of R&R
3 minutes ago, Fastik said:

I believe robbing of weapons should be allowed as well. It needs to have some risk of loss involved. Not just Reward Reward Reward

I agree but medics have infinite use items that i would not want getting in the hands of civs.

Just now, Marcus said:

I agree but medics have infinite use items that i would not want getting in the hands of civs.

Correct. However if possible code the robbing script for medics to allow only weapon robbing, and nothing else perhaps if possible. 

• Like 1

Genuinely I like the idea but I see that a lot of issues that could arise. Medic is supposed to be a neutral role. Having the ability to step in and stop a situation from carrying out by being able to tase a rebel might ultimately ruin the fun. You are a medic, not a cop. If you wanna step in and stop those situations you should be playing cop. What happens if a medic dies or values their life with someone in restraints? The person they have restrained could end up getting robbed. There is a very big risk of people misusing the system. 

Saying this, I can't deny in some very specific situations having a taser would be useful. Having it to deal with RDMers would be nice. I like the idea but I think more thought should be put into it.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Fastik said:

Being able to steal their tazer would be op for civs. Maybe if restrained it takes the firing pin and it can only be repaired back at hospitals.

1 hour ago, katel said:

Genuinely I like the idea but I see that a lot of issues that could arise. Medic is supposed to be a neutral role. Having the ability to step in and stop a situation from carrying out by being able to tase a rebel might ultimately ruin the fun. You are a medic, not a cop. If you wanna step in and stop those situations you should be playing cop. What happens if a medic dies or values their life with someone in restraints? The person they have restrained could end up getting robbed. There is a very big risk of people misusing the system. 

Saying this, I can't deny in some very specific situations having a taser would be useful. Having it to deal with RDMers would be nice. I like the idea but I think more thought should be put into it.

It would have to have very strict rules for use and be punished heavily when abused. It may need civs to pay more to have a combat medic help them to justify the better chance for a revive.

• Like 3