Oly needs to revise its direction

I normally shitpost on forums but I'll actually try one for now since im capping cartels with 9 people on.

First and foremost, Rules. Some of the rules currently enforced, are actual dog shit depending on the scenario. Im not gonna bitch about my previous ban bc I dont really care. But I recieved a 5 day ban for NLR, For driving through my NLR zone (unarmed, naked) and getting shot. I didn't even realize I was banned until the 5th day because I had work throught it. Point being, though, I was demanded to pay $200k comp... For being shot, or I would get a ban. And so I recieved a 5 day ban for not paying 200k. Because I was shot. These instances of bullshit (again, imo) would just drive anyone with nothing here off. What has ever happened to unreasonable comp, or using common sense, where on a dying game you DONT hand out bans for instances where literally nothing happened besides a technicality, that led to no party being harmed in any way. Its not like its a major offense, and im sure plenty of new players have been given the hammer for such instances. You look at it and it just seems like a technicality. What exactly is one requesting comp for, in that scenario? 

Second, and probably more prevalent, is recently the only additions to the game have been benefitting larger gangs, of people who already know the game. Tutorials and help for new players has basically been non-existent outside of the wiki, whereas in recent history there have only been benefits for larger gangs. Examples would be gang bases, which new players have 0 chance of ever reaping the benefit of, gang perks, which again, if a new gang were to start and they already are new players, they dont have a clue whats going on, and are going to be vastly and fastly outpaced by larger gangs with wealth, vehciles, etc and the weekend airdrop event, which again, new players will have 0 chance of obtaining when you have larger gangs spammings frits, almuts, and 50 cal vehicles to contest. All of these aren't bad ideas, and are great additions from the devs, however you need things for new players that balance out all these additions that lets admit, primarily help larger and wealthier gangs get larger and wealthier. 

Im not exactly too invested into oly. I have about 290 hours since 2018 or 19, so for me this has been more of a play once in a while sort of deal. But these are the issues I see. I've had 6 cops drop on me doing a solo illegal run, Ive had 4 chase me in an armed cessna and heli. If I had no money in game, and that was a constant experience I dealt with having low money and net value, id leave too. 

• Like 2
  • Community Manager
1 hour ago, [HVN] Boxxyy said:

I normally shitpost on forums but I'll actually try one for now since im capping cartels with 9 people on.

First and foremost, Rules. Some of the rules currently enforced, are actual dog shit depending on the scenario. Im not gonna bitch about my previous ban bc I dont really care. But I recieved a 5 day ban for NLR, For driving through my NLR zone (unarmed, naked) and getting shot. I didn't even realize I was banned until the 5th day because I had work throught it. Point being, though, I was demanded to pay $200k comp... For being shot, or I would get a ban. And so I recieved a 5 day ban for not paying 200k. Because I was shot. These instances of bullshit (again, imo) would just drive anyone with nothing here off. What has ever happened to unreasonable comp, or using common sense, where on a dying game you DONT hand out bans for instances where literally nothing happened besides a technicality, that led to no party being harmed in any way. Its not like its a major offense, and im sure plenty of new players have been given the hammer for such instances. You look at it and it just seems like a technicality. What exactly is one requesting comp for, in that scenario? 

Second, and probably more prevalent, is recently the only additions to the game have been benefitting larger gangs, of people who already know the game. Tutorials and help for new players has basically been non-existent outside of the wiki, whereas in recent history there have only been benefits for larger gangs. Examples would be gang bases, which new players have 0 chance of ever reaping the benefit of, gang perks, which again, if a new gang were to start and they already are new players, they dont have a clue whats going on, and are going to be vastly and fastly outpaced by larger gangs with wealth, vehciles, etc and the weekend airdrop event, which again, new players will have 0 chance of obtaining when you have larger gangs spammings frits, almuts, and 50 cal vehicles to contest. All of these aren't bad ideas, and are great additions from the devs, however you need things for new players that balance out all these additions that lets admit, primarily help larger and wealthier gangs get larger and wealthier. 

Im not exactly too invested into oly. I have about 290 hours since 2018 or 19, so for me this has been more of a play once in a while sort of deal. But these are the issues I see. I've had 6 cops drop on me doing a solo illegal run, Ive had 4 chase me in an armed cessna and heli. If I had no money in game, and that was a constant experience I dealt with having low money and net value, id leave too. 

We're currently working out details regarding quite a few of the things mentioned here, ex: warning system for administration instead of bans, new events catered to noobier gangs and prevent the upper echelon players, additional tutorials and quests, etc.

• Like 2