Bambi Sandy - New

Howdy there, I'd certainly say that I'm new around here!   God, this takes me back to an older...more simple time. Back to the days of dedicated group websites, TeamSpeak...oh, that's all stuff that's still here!

Firstly, just to get this out of the way...no, I'm not a girl.   Yes, you'll have a hard time discerning that from my choice of colors and interests.

I've got roughly 3,000 hours in Arma 3, what with my alt account and main combined. I namely played from 2013 to 2016, and I've done ~everything~ from Desolation and Exile, to Altis Life and Antistasi.    I burned out on the game a bit, since I felt like...the time I was putting in, wasn't really giving me a return?  Getting ~so~ good at flying and gunplay stuff, only takes you so far when people can hit you with a tank from halfway across the map.   So I decided to take a semi permanent break from the game, and parked myself in the world of Squad for a ~while~.    I played competitively for 4 years, bouncing between teams that were ~good~...but they sucked at the community aspect? 

And now, I'm circling back to see what Arma's been doing while I've been gone.  I don't really seem to have a purpose in Squad anymore, since...the people that I used to play with have all left the game, after a few ~choice~ updates from the developers. 

I have rather extensive experience in Altis Life, but not on ~this~ server.  Over 3 or 4 servers (technically, three different servers and a ~dual~ server for one. Different community whitelisting, but the same umbrella for rules and such), I tend to stick with the APD and EMS stuff.  I've certainly done a ~bit~ of gang and rebel stuff, but I find that the infrastructure side of doing APD and EMS is more engaging. It feels nice to provide other people with stuff to do, and when you're playing as a gang or rebels...you're more or less just along for the ride? You aren't really affecting other people.

So I look forward to getting involved in the community.  I see myself doing both APD and the EMS stuff, along with administration stuff for the discord / website. I don't really half ass anything? So if I'm back into Arma, then I'm back all the way. 

For RL info, so that people can ~know~ me aside from my goals in game or in the community?  I've been in the Army for 6 years come November, but I have three separate enlistments.  A general, "you failed rifle marksmanship in basic" discharge in the beginning, an ordinary and "successful" contract that ended with a medical discharge in 2020 (muscle problems and bad joints), and the one I'm on now.    So that's always a nice conversation piece with people.   I'm an EMT on weekends and when I get the time outside of field problems and ordinary Army shit, I work on Paramedic School stuff.     NREMT for my EMT certificate, but I'm doing a state Paramedic thing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • +1 1
  • Admin
21 minutes ago, Bambi Sandy said:

you failed rifle marksmanship in basic

Tisktisk. We didn’t have any when I went through basic in 2011. I had never shot anything bigger than a pellet gun before basic and didn’t miss. Glad you survived the shit you probably got from the rest of the company ^_^

1 hour ago, Bambi Sandy said:

Tilda's accentuate words and phrases. It inherently changes how you read text. 

Tis an advanced literacy and grammar thing,

Tilda's

Back to basics for you

On 8/11/2024 at 5:30 PM, Bambi Sandy said:

Tilda's accentuate words and phrases. It inherently changes how you read text. 

advanced? femboy.

• 4 weeks later...