combat logging civs after requesting medic

Ok so lately we get innundated as medics with requests but we drive to the locations or let them know in side chat on our way sometimes we get no response. now we get to the locations literally the mass majority disconnect now me and many medics are sick of this happening and no consequence for doing so. Then it dawned on me if they do that they should be sent to jail or us able to or it automatically does it. If they disconnect when the timer is still on to respawn. opinions anyone admins etc etc? and to those who keep doing it you will know who you are when you read this. i feel this needs addressing as i or others drive all that way its not even about the money its just the principle of you requesting and in your head as civs your like "fuck it i cant be assed to wait respawn" that would sure as hell put a stop to this. I think it should or could be added to the trello as a suggestion to be implemented 

Edited by dannyfrog87

As far as I have been told recently if you disconnect before you actually re-spawn well this is against the rules. People have been doing this to save their gear (except you dont get your gun back).

Edited by DeathDingo

People Combat Log after they request for medic all the time, and it is annoying I can tell you that. But if you happen to see someone DC when Requesting R&R Assistance, if they're someone who repeatedly DC's when requesting a Revive try to record it. I know that some people's PC's can't lag a lot when Recording, but there's still no reason to not try to get them banned for constantly breaking the rules. And in my opinion. if there is a way to make it so if you DC when requesting a Revive, and when you reconnect your Respawn timer is still there. I think that would really help. I want to see people's opinions about this.

As far as I have been told recently if you disconnect before you actually re-spawn well this is against the rules. People have been doing this to save their gear (except you dont get your gun back).

Nope:

http://olympus-entertainment.com/topic/3043-3-1-2015-rule-changes/

Section 4.

Two things:

1.  You still get $10,000 when you revive a person that logs off after requesting a revive.

2. The best way for you to avoid wasting your time is to view the logs, keep an eye on server messages, and check the cell phone to see whether or not the person is still online.  That's what I do and it generally works.

Either way you still get paid regardless of whether or not they log immediately after requesting.  Simply mark the body in group chat and move on.  Everyone seems to forget that this is a game. Don't forget the spirit of the game.  Everyone gets themselves into a big stressed out hurry when playing.  When your driving to a call you still get to drive with your lights and siren on.  You also get to see all the interesting things that Altis Life has to offer.  Not to mention that each minuet you play potentially gets you closer to your next promotion.  So my advice to you is as follows. Try not to get angry when you finish the revive and nothing happens.  Move on to the next call and keep on keepin on.

• Like 2

Two things:

1.  You still get $10,000 when you revive a person that logs off after requesting a revive.

2. The best way for you to avoid wasting your time is to view the logs, keep an eye on server messages, and check the cell phone to see whether or not the person is still online.  That's what I do and it generally works.

Either way you still get paid regardless of whether or not they log immediately after requesting.  Simply mark the body in group chat and move on.  Everyone seems to forget that this is a game. Don't forget the spirit of the game.  Everyone gets themselves into a big stressed out hurry when playing.  When your driving to a call you still get to drive with your lights and siren on.  You also get to see all the interesting things that Altis Life has to offer.  Not to mention that each minuet you play potentially gets you closer to your next promotion.  So my advice to you is as follows. Try not to get angry when you finish the revive and nothing happens.  Move on to the next call and keep on keepin on.

i suppose it just gets old il check in future cellphone if they are still online. just had so many people doing it. it was ridiculous. just driving all that way and then disconnect sometimes when your on the way happens alot

I kinda wish people would be more patient. As an R&R and especially for the Grounded members we need to Drive or Respawn if we are NO WHERE CLOSE to the victim requesting. But people Either DC or Respawn before you get there cause they don't like waiting more then 5 minutes. Sorry I'm not in the air and Instantly near you to help you...

On topic it is stupid to know you got there and they DCed but like someone said, "You get paid, mark it, then move on"(Paraphrased). My thing is I get yelled at in Side  cause impatient people think telling the medic off is a good idea.

its a waste of our time to go the a person thats dc`ed and it is so annoying having people stuck on the map because of it and then bitch about us not being able to find them next time they request because they are stuck on the map

yep it is and not always notice if we go half way across the map and then check they cant even wait till we get across the map. also i do it to help or drive to them just irritating to know they have no patience to wait. and this bug resurfaced where you get your gear back. ive noticed plenty of people disconnect to keep their gear and preserve it if they die. im not in it for the money having nearly 27 million as i grinded drug runs hard but it enables me to buy enough vehicles as a patrol officer when going about my duties same as medic. i prefer to revive someone get them up if i can but when they disconnect after requesting its a dick move ....

Edited by dannyfrog87
  • Admin

I agree it is a bad move on their part.  But try and take it easy man.  I have frustrating things that happen on cop too.  But hey, I embrace it.  I just deal with it and move on.  Part of the job is being patient with the role you are given.  I do understand that most people don't appreciate the services offered by the medics. What I think cops and CIVS alike should work on is being more appreciative on the work you guys do.  You all do an outstanding job.  So medics, please don't get disgruntled about this ( even though I understand how frustrating it must be. I NEVER do this to medics because it is not fair and I am a stickler to rules) .  We need you! :)  

Edited by Bubbaloo

The reason people do this sometimes is because for two reasons

1. Don't wanna pay the 10,000

Or!

2. They accidentally hit 'Request Medic'

either way, no reason to alt+f4. It wastes the medics time that could be used to rp in other situations.

lucki we havent put it back into the rules but the bug is back and we can ban for it now

So heres my issue with this:

Has it been stated anywhere officially? I would have been hella pissed had I rage alt-F4'd after being killed and then ended up getting banned for that. How long has this been true for?

Has it been stated anywhere officially? I would have been hella pissed had I rage alt-F4'd after being killed and then ended up getting banned for that. How long has this been true for?

Its a recent development.

• Like 1

You should never ALT F4 if you die to someone, especially if your trying to save your gear. And if you did ALT F4 after being killed, that's Considered Combat Logging.

Two things:

It's not the fact that they DC, it's the fact the some people don't have the patience to wait. and they constantly cry about how the R&R don't do their Jobs, even though we sure do. The R&R has a lot more priorities than just pressing a key to revive someone that died and requested to be revived.

You should never ALT F4 if you die to someone, especially if your trying to save your gear. And if you did ALT F4 after being killed, that's Considered Combat Logging.

This used to be an officially written rule, and was removed on March 1st, 2015. Up until recently, it was one of those things that was quoted by everyone, but was not actually true. Read my previous post. It USED to be considered combat logging, was removed as combat logging, and apparently now is combat logging again. What I'm saying is that people should be informed of this recent development in an official post, and not a random post inside someone else's complaint thread.

This is how all the confusion starts in the first place, and before long we're going to be having situations again like when Wheatkings said one thing and Hades would say the exact opposite.

EDIT: And a Mod just said in TS that the problem should be fixed and that banning for it should be lifted. Obviously word is not getting around.

Edited by Lucki

People get impatient because they have no idea if anyone is coming to get them upon hitting the button to request a medic.  To make things worse, I often accidentally lose side chat and don't realize it until I myself try to use it.  If the person is asking on side chat, and they don't receive a response, they will likely re-log to save themselves time because they will probably assume that no one is coming.

The medic request, and distance future, is also somewhat bugged.  It usually conflicts and says no medics are online, even though there are.  It also does not update the medics distance until we are within 7.5 km I believe?  Personally, I think it should be fixed and amended to cover the entire map.  I have also heard rumors that we may one day see a system where civs who request a medic will get an automated response advising them that a specific medics has received and accepted his or her request, which would give some piece of mind and likely decrease the amount of players that disconnect while we are enroute.

I have also found, through personal experience playing medic, that most people are pretty patient when it comes to waiting.  Most people just want a piece of mind that someone is actually coming to get them.