Cop Roleplay

Every high ranking officer I meet actually Roleplays for the most part and doesn't arrest on sight (excluding a few corporals), but honestly the amount of robo-coping is so annoying. Can we make up our minds on whether or not this is a rule for cops as well as vigilantes, or just say screw it all together and let them tilda my name and arrest me everytime we're both on foot. I understand when another cop is behind me in a car and pulls the "I ran your license plate card", but when a cop walks up to me in the square shouting my name even when I'm wearing a mask, its gets annoying. Same goes for vigilantes. Are we here to roleplay. 

It either needs to be a set rule or a fuck it kind of thing, in my opinion.

I'm not attacking the APD or anything just expressing my opinion on the subject. 

• Like 1

what is role play? i taught this was a "hands up or die" server? 

STOP/ SURRENDER/ LAND OR DIE BY PRAE--
You have had a bounty placed onto your head by the great Ceaser! Stop and face your crimes in adherance to the Roman Senate, or have your head removed and brought back to our great city in reconcile for your crimes!    

Like that? ;D

• Like 2

Every high ranking officer I meet actually Roleplays for the most part and doesn't arrest on sight (excluding a few corporals), but honestly the amount of robo-coping is so annoying. Can we make up our minds on whether or not this is a rule for cops as well as vigilantes, or just say screw it all together and let them tilda my name and arrest me everytime we're both on foot. I understand when another cop is behind me in a car and pulls the "I ran your license plate card", but when a cop walks up to me in the square shouting my name even when I'm wearing a mask, its gets annoying. Same goes for vigilantes. Are we here to roleplay. 

It either needs to be a set rule or a fuck it kind of thing, in my opinion.

I'm not attacking the APD or anything just expressing my opinion on the subject. 

Vigis cannot be Controlled.... they set rules but nobody reads them :(

As a new deputy, I have to admit, its really difficult to keep everything in line. But I assure you, we're watched over quite closely and have very strict guidelines we must follow. One of those are to not simply walk or run over, shouting a player's name. However, sometimes it slips, everyone makes mistakes, 

The best thing you can do is continue RPing, even go as far to say "who? I'm Jose Martinez", they should hopefully catch on quickly of their mistake and move forward with the encounter properly. And again, if someone is really outline, try catching it on film, report it in a player report. Heck, even if you don't catch it on film, maybe a screenshot and report them anyways. If someone is reported enough times, even without solid evidence, I'm sure admins will speak with them or watch them closely. 

Just my opinion :)

As a new deputy, I have to admit, its really difficult to keep everything in line. But I assure you, we're watched over quite closely and have very strict guidelines we must follow. One of those are to not simply walk or run over, shouting a player's name. However, sometimes it slips, everyone makes mistakes, 

The best thing you can do is continue RPing, even go as far to say "who? I'm Jose Martinez", they should hopefully catch on quickly of their mistake and move forward with the encounter properly. And again, if someone is really outline, try catching it on film, report it in a player report. Heck, even if you don't catch it on film, maybe a screenshot and report them anyways. If someone is reported enough times, even without solid evidence, I'm sure admins will speak with them or watch them closely. 

You're one of the good ones :) I look forward to RP'ing with you in the future.

Well yeah, I'm a deputy as well and played cop for about 6 months when the server first started up, my point isn't simple mistakes, my point would be when I'm in kavala square and certain PO's I won't name run up to me screaming my name and to put my hands up. I've had a few corporals do it as well. A simple slip and then RP to fix it is okay, but completely robocoping everyone you see because there's nobody to yell at you is no excuse. 

• Admin

Well yeah, I'm a deputy as well and played cop for about 6 months when the server first started up, my point isn't simple mistakes, my point would be when I'm in kavala square and certain PO's I won't name run up to me screaming my name and to put my hands up. I've had a few corporals do it as well. A simple slip and then RP to fix it is okay, but completely robocoping everyone you see because there's nobody to yell at you is no excuse. 

I usually yell someones name when I'm approaching them.  Always following the guideline but this is only to prevent confusion among the people that might be surrounding that particular person.  When I catch them I just resume role play as usual.  I don't do this all the time, only when I see so many people around that I have to go ahead and specify who I am calling out to.