Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

I have a simple question about Jail Time in this server

Why do we see a need to punish the people on this server with the possibility of spending 1+ hour in Altis Life jail for playing on Olympus? 

Should we not have a cap out at 45 minutes?

I've spent tons of time in jail in my past on this server but it finally hit me to question the need to spend hours in Altis Life jail.
Is it really necessary?
it just seems to me that we're punishing people that play a life of crime by forcing them to spend 1+ hour in jail for playing here.

"Don't do the crime if you don't want to do the time." shouldn't really be brought to Online gaming.

What do you think?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

If it was any less no one would do Jailbreaks.

True. Now let's step out of the big gangs shoes and into the small gangs or soloist. Where they can't usually succeed in jailbreaks due to not having the numbers to cover the cops entryways. 

True. Now let's step out of the big gangs shoes and into the small gangs or soloist. Where they can't usually succeed in jailbreaks due to not having the numbers to cover the cops entryways. 

They also shouldnt have a bounty that permits 2hr's in jail, if they do its probably from some RDM. If you are running solo its your own fault.

th?id=JN.m9mImDWrWdNjWiPvBF7U6Q&pid=15.1

• Like 1

They also shouldnt have a bounty that permits 2hr's in jail, if they do its probably from some RDM. If you are running solo its your own fault.

so just join a big gang or get fucked? 45 minute jailtime is plenty long, if the bomb timer wasnt 20 minutes long or if the jail were closer to police maybe the cops could respond more quickly. As it is, it's easy to rack up a bounty whether you're solo or in a gang and spending half a server flip in time-out is too long. we have feds for long drawn out fights with the police, we dont need to have to spend all day in jail or having jailbreaks.

Fed/Breaking people out of prison is not meant to be easy... Also, just because it is a big gang does not mean it is a free jailbreak/fed. SOME gangs can do it because they often communicate well. I have seen a lot of feds and jails where the gang heavily outnumbers the APD but still lose because the gang is inexperienced and does not communicate well (ie. half the gang watching gate 2, other half watching gate 3. No one/very few on gate 1 when all APD pushes in through gate 1, etc). A few people can do it on their own if they time it right and are very skilled. Also, very few lone wolfs get up to such a high bounty because they dont have any backup if they get cornered/caught to save them before they get sent to jail.

Its an RP server, which means your spose to RP with people, not just kill everyone you see.  If you choose a life of crime because you want to do drug runs or kill everyone then thats your choice.  Olympus allows you to do this as long as you follow the rules.  Though, choices such as these have consequences. Personally, I have played Olympus since January and I have not spent 1 minuet in jail, and I still have a blast.  Sometimes I do legal stuff, sometimes I do illegal stuff.  However,  when I play I try not to leave a huge wake of destruction that is going to screw over other players.  If you have a bounty large enough to spend an hour in jail you, havelikely screwed over a lot of people by killing or robbing or stealing cars or whatever.   Your punishment for that is sitting in jail or paying a large fine if your caught.  If you dont like sitting in jail all the time then STOP DOING ILLEGAL STUFF.  There is a lot more to this game then fulfilling your killer instinct or inner thug.  If you want to kill or be a thug all the time play GTA.

• Like 3
  • Head Admin

Compared to some other servers out there our jail time is pretty reasonable.  Compared to A3l for example where you get sent to jail for over an hour for farting near a cop, and that is a positive outcome considering 905 of the time they would just murder you.

Yall have it too easy.  INCREASE JAIL TIMES I SAY!

• Like 2

Compared to some other servers out there our jail time is pretty reasonable.  Compared to A3l for example where you get sent to jail for over an hour for farting near a cop, and that is a positive outcome considering 905 of the time they would just murder you.

On a3l I hit a Cop with a weed sign and got 45 min in jail.

Also 400th post

Bring back the old jail, the new jail is pretty bad. The cops can just take a hunter or any car and just smash into any of the walls surrounding the jail and they will be inside. Its not fun for the civs. The old jail was wonderful, Cops could bring out a boat and go onto the island if you wanted to. And tbh, the old jail was a lot funner and filled with more action. In my opinion atleast.

Its an RP server, which means your spose to RP with people, not just kill everyone you see.  If you choose a life of crime because you want to do drug runs or kill everyone then thats your choice.  Olympus allows you to do this as long as you follow the rules.  Though, choices such as these have consequences. Personally, I have played Olympus since January and I have not spent 1 minuet in jail, and I still have a blast.  Sometimes I do legal stuff, sometimes I do illegal stuff.  However,  when I play I try not to leave a huge wake of destruction that is going to screw over other players.  If you have a bounty large enough to spend an hour in jail you, havelikely screwed over a lot of people by killing or robbing or stealing cars or whatever.   Your punishment for that is sitting in jail or paying a large fine if your caught.  If you dont like sitting in jail all the time then STOP DOING ILLEGAL STUFF.  There is a lot more to this game then fulfilling your killer instinct or inner thug.  If you want to kill or be a thug all the time play GTA.

How can i stop killing when i'm such a sociopath :C

Y'y'y'...you're a monster :o

Also, thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I just wanted to see if there were any others wondering if the jail time was too long or what not. Seeing as the majority is fine with it then I can rest easy :P

#BringBackOldJailMovement

Edited by Professiondude
  • Like 1
  • Admin

Gary's post on going to jail for 45 minutes after farting was LOLZ.  Trust me, we have it easy here. Jail times are fine.  You usually rank up your bounty when you are with a big gang and they will probably work in trying to get you out. If you are by yourself then bounties are usually lower, unless you are untouchable I guess.