Treating myself this year!!

Well I was playing around and building a PC up that I'd like and it turns out it's getting delivered in the next 10days lmao!! Looks like I'm treating myself this year, what you guys think of the specs? Good idea or not! I still have time to make adjustments while they build it!!

image.jpeg

Edited by RogueMK
  • Like 1

This may not be accurate, but from personal experience Arma and AMD CPUs don't mix well. My system is currently rocking a GTX 970 and an i7 4790k while my friend has a GTX 980 and a decent AMD CPU (not sure the exact model, but it is on the higher end). I can play Arma 3 on Olympus with almost max settings at 70 frames (50 in kavala) while he can barely grab 40 fps at any given time with all medium settings. Just doing a quick pricecheck, the i7 4790k is only about $80 more expensive than the FX 9590 here in the USA and is worth the grab. Take everything I have said with a grain of salt though because this is just from my friends and I's personal experience with Arma.

*Make sure to check that intel CPUs are compatible with your motherboard if you decide to switch. Hope I could help :)

All very good, except I dont like the processor... but that's because Intel > AMD for strictly gaming and even more-so for ArmA 3.

If you do animation/3D Modeling/video rendering then that AMD Processor is amazing for that and better than what you'd get out of the Intel equivalent.

970 is great though I would have gone with the R9 390 since they don't skimp on the VRAM like Nvidia did on the 970.

19 minutes ago, McDili said:

All very good, except I dont like the processor... but that's because Intel > AMD for strictly gaming and even more-so for ArmA 3.

If you do animation/3D Modeling/video rendering then that AMD Processor is amazing for that and better than what you'd get out of the Intel equivalent.

970 is great though I would have gone with the R9 390 since they don't skimp on the VRAM like Nvidia did on the 970.

Tbh I've not had an issue with AMD gaming!! I currently have the fx8320 and I get 30-40fps on average on Olympus on standard settings. Granted in busy areas I can loose a fair few frames but overall I've had no issues so with this 9590 I should have no problems lol 

1 minute ago, RogueMK said:

Tbh I've not had an issue with AMD gaming!! I currently have the fx8320 and I get 30-40fps on average on Olympus on standard settings. Granted in busy areas I can loose a fair few frames but overall I've had no issues so with this 9590 I should have no problems lol 

I'll literally paypal you 80 dollars to cover the difference for an i7-4790K. You'd have to buy a different mobo. But you're missing out.

I had a look at amending my order but the price difference is a lot more than $80s worth lol in £s it's around and extra £200 nearly!! That's with the change of processor and motherboard!! Good thing with the order is if I don't like what I got I can send back and change bits and bobs ( depending on price change ) then they refund or I pay the difference, I'll try this option then if not I will have the money to improve and go Intel lol thanks for the advice tho guys appreciated! 

N tbh I'm slowly getting into Video editing and graphic designing so AMD should fair me better in that aspect!! 

3 hours ago, RogueMK said:

I had a look at amending my order but the price difference is a lot more than $80s worth lol in £s it's around and extra £200 nearly!! That's with the change of processor and motherboard!! Good thing with the order is if I don't like what I got I can send back and change bits and bobs ( depending on price change ) then they refund or I pay the difference, I'll try this option then if not I will have the money to improve and go Intel lol thanks for the advice tho guys appreciated! 

N tbh I'm slowly getting into Video editing and graphic designing so AMD should fair me better in that aspect!! 

Not true rouge, a  LOW END i5 with a stock cooler outperforms a OC Amd 8350... You are literally better off with that...

4 hours ago, RogueMK said:

Stay in the AMD cult! XD

I myself purchased an AMD and have been using it for Arma. Removing excess settings I can run on high, etc. For around 35 in city and a few more outside. With the server changes or playing single player you can probably get way moreally as my Internet sucks. I own many games and play a ton but I do not consider myself gamer enough to spend more than the 700 dollars I did for my set-up. Games like bf4 or Battlefront will run perfectly at highest settings. ArMA is a beast that just plainly rapes frames.

My brother animated and is a major buff for Web design etc. With his experience and my penny-pinching I own what I call a practical machine. 

I have 2 computers I run arma 3 on. A 9590 AMD and a i7 4790k. Both run completely excellent and smooth as fuck. However you MUST have a watercooler on the 9590 or it will turn off within 10 seconds i shit you not. The 9590 runs extremely hot it's actually kind of stupid.

9590 with a 2GB GTX 750 I run @ 35 fps on High settings. 

i7 4790k Devil's Canyon with a 4 GB GTX 970 SSC I run ultra @ 60 fps. 

Big difference however the graphics card is a huge increase with the intel build regardless of the fact that Arma 3 is a CPU game, GPU still is a factor.

Edited by Orgondo
On 18 December 2015 at 11:36 PM, Orgondo said:

I have 2 computers I run arma 3 on. A 9590 AMD and a i7 4790k. Both run completely excellent and smooth as fuck. However you MUST have a watercooler on the 9590 or it will turn off within 10 seconds i shit you not. The 9590 runs extremely hot it's actually kind of stupid.

9590 with a 2GB GTX 750 I run @ 35 fps on High settings. 

i7 4790k Devil's Canyon with a 4 GB GTX 970 SSC I run ultra @ 60 fps. 

Big difference however the graphics card is a huge increase with the intel build regardless of the fact that Arma 3 is a CPU game, GPU still is a factor.

Regarding the overheating I've got some hydro series high performance cooler with the added 2 Apache fans 

• Like 1