I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but recently, last two days, there are a ridiculous amount of people breaking rules. For me in particular it's been vigilanties, thrice (3 times) in the past 2 days I've been unlawfully vigi'd, I don't know if this is because Arma was recently on sale but if this is a server-wide spread issue then something should be done. I'm reporting the people that the rulebreaking has a direct impact of wasting my time: rdm. @Bubbaloo has been great with tickets and help but one person can't watch a server. Maybe Admin/Mods need to for the time being just oversee cities because if others are being mistreated by other players as much as I've been recently, it should be pretty common to see around Altis. THIS DOESN'T MEAN NO OTHER ADMIN/MODS ARE DOING ANYTHING, I'M CALLING OUT BUBBALOO BECAUSE I'VE HAD ALTERCATIONS WHERE HE HAS HELPED, THAT WAS NOT TO DIS ANY OTHER ADMIN/MODS.

• Like 2

Vigilantes have ALWAYS been pretty shit about rules.

The thing is, we don't see everything we need to see in the moment. Usually a vigilante verbally engages, however we can't verify on the spot if texts are sent. This is the case not only for vigis but for most cases of RDM, which is why they generally have to be reported most of the time 

We also can't hear what happens in vehicle chat. So if they put you in a car and take you down the street I can't verify whether or not they have read your charges off during the ride over to jail transport.

We watch cities from time to time if there's a lot of callouts of RDM going on. While one random RDM is hard to verify from spectating, mass RDM is pretty easy to watch for. 

Other than that, if I look at Kavala for a few minutes and no rules are being blatantly broken, I'll go watch other people elsewhere on the map.

The fact of the matter is we can't be everywhere at once. We watch what we can. We also have a high volume of player reports though, I know I spend a good couple hours each day just milling through reports. That's time I can't play the game or spectate. Usually I spend my last hour or so spectating but there are also times where I just play the game.

Basically, we can only see so much. It's good that you're taking it upon yourself to report folks. You're doing your part to punish rule breakers. Other than that though, just gotta roll with the punches sometimes.

19 minutes ago, McDili said:

Vigilantes have ALWAYS been pretty shit about rules.

The thing is, we don't see everything we need to see in the moment. Usually a vigilante verbally engages, however we can't verify on the spot if texts are sent. This is the case not only for vigis but for most cases of RDM, which is why they generally have to be reported most of the time 

We also can't hear what happens in vehicle chat. So if they put you in a car and take you down the street I can't verify whether or not they have read your charges off during the ride over to jail transport.

We watch cities from time to time if there's a lot of callouts of RDM going on. While one random RDM is hard to verify from spectating, mass RDM is pretty easy to watch for. 

Other than that, if I look at Kavala for a few minutes and no rules are being blatantly broken, I'll go watch other people elsewhere on the map.

The fact of the matter is we can't be everywhere at once. We watch what we can. We also have a high volume of player reports though, I know I spend a good couple hours each day just milling through reports. That's time I can't play the game or spectate. Usually I spend my last hour or so spectating but there are also times where I just play the game.

Basically, we can only see so much. It's good that you're taking it upon yourself to report folks. You're doing your part to punish rule breakers. Other than that though, just gotta roll with the punches sometimes.

I was just curious whether this was due to an Arma sale or not, anyways, im off to the television, Better Call Saul is on, HAGN

15 minutes ago, Marty said:

would it be possible to only sell vigi licenses to people with a certain amount of minutes on our server? Same with gun licenses.

I mean not the firearms licence, but maybe the Vigilanti Licence would be cool.

1 hour ago, Benjamin Remer said:

Make it so that when you buy the Vigi license, be sure so that a menu shows up showing all the rules, requirements, guidelines etc. Worth a shot tbh 

That would also be a damn good idea, i'd recommend this one!

3 hours ago, Marty said:

would it be possible to only sell vigi licenses to people with a certain amount of minutes on our server? Same with gun licenses.

Edited by Tragic
  • Admin

@Bahadur. Thanks for the mention but I am not the only one that does tickets here as @McDili does them nightly and sometimes by the time I get to them he has already finished; which is really good. But like he mentioned, it is very difficult for us to enforce 200 players at once. This is the reason we require video evidence because there is only much we can see when we are in game. I usually respond fast to situations when I get an admin message if I'm not in the middle of actually playing the game. If it is really urgent I stop playing the game and immediately go attend players in need of help. Have a little faith in the system as if you have been vigi abused, record and report and we will surely take care of it ;) 

I allways believed is that the main issue with people comming on and breaking rules are the fact that they are either new players who don't bother reading the rules, or experienced players who comes from other server with the lonely purpose of getting permed off this server... 

But yeah, the Mods and admins on this server does an outstanding job keeping this with player reports and they deserve good feedback :) 

i actually have a question about being a vigi. sorry to highjack the thread, so someone told me you cant taze someone more than 2 times consecutively. So say i am 800 meters out and i taze someone, and when i get to about 600 meters, he gets back up and i taze him again. now i am 400 meters away and he gets up again, am i allowed to take his head off again or is that rule breaking? i have a few mk1s and was thinking about doing something with them, but i dont want to get in trouble with it

26 minutes ago, Lethal said:

i actually have a question about being a vigi. sorry to highjack the thread, so someone told me you cant taze someone more than 2 times consecutively. So say i am 800 meters out and i taze someone, and when i get to about 600 meters, he gets back up and i taze him again. now i am 400 meters away and he gets up again, am i allowed to take his head off again or is that rule breaking? i have a few mk1s and was thinking about doing something with them, but i dont want to get in trouble with it

just use common sense really, if you need to taze them more then twice for whatever reason its not an issue

say your pinned down in a building but have tazed 1 person - re tazing him until its safe to restrain him is ok i'm pretty sure

• Admin
37 minutes ago, Lethal said:

Honestly it is considered vigi-abuse/RDM if you keep tazing someone over and over again just because you have no ZIPTIES. As long as there is proper reasoning behind what you are doing you should be fine, obviously within the vigilante guidelines stated on the rules. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbaloo said:

Honestly it is considered vigi-abuse/RDM if you keep tazing someone over and over again just because you have no ZIPTIES. As long as there is proper reasoning behind what you are doing you should be fine, obviously within the vigilante guidelines stated on the rules. 

Thanks guys, I figured as much. Just wanted to be sure