Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

8 minutes ago, TheSkyStarKnight said:

So I was just wondering what kind of engagement you must produce (If Any), in order to use a suicide vest on officers, in a hostage situation, against rebels and normal people etc. etc.

There is no engagement with Suicide Vests. You can only use them in terrors or in redzone's like cartels or drug plants and such. You aren't allowed to use them in cities or anywhere that isn't a redzone, but there are exceptions if RP is included and is performed right.

1 hour ago, Benjamin Remer said:

There is no engagement with Suicide Vests. You can only use them in terrors or in redzone's like cartels or drug plants and such. You aren't allowed to use them in cities or anywhere that isn't a redzone, but there are exceptions if RP is included and is performed right.

You literally answered his question with his question, except in the form of a statement. I'm pretty sure he's asking what the "RP being performed right" is.

I'm not an admin/mod but I'll put in my 2 cents of what I'd consider good RP with the cops that won't get them salty. You need to make it ABUNDANTLY clear that you have an explosive or suicide vest. You need to tell them that if at any point they do something suspicious, you will set it off, killing yourself, any hostages and any officers around you. Everyone in the area needs to know whats going on, and you shouldn't do it in an area where you might kill people that aren't a part of the situation. For example, don't do it in Kavala, but if you did it at the church by the air garage, I would imagine it wouldn't cause problems.

From what I recall, suicide vests were being used almost randomly with a lot of collateral damage. Houses would get destroyed, people not in the situation would be killed, and then the person blowing the vest would be banned for RDM. It's the same idea about terrors. Some people don't want to be involved with it and therefore are given 5 minutes to leave the area or risk being killed.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Lucki said:

You literally answered his question with his question, except in the form of a statement. I'm pretty sure he's asking what the "RP being performed right" is.

I'm not an admin/mod but I'll put in my 2 cents of what I'd consider good RP with the cops that won't get them salty. You need to make it ABUNDANTLY clear that you have an explosive or suicide vest. You need to tell them that if at any point they do something suspicious, you will set it off, killing yourself, any hostages and any officers around you. Everyone in the area needs to know whats going on, and you shouldn't do it in an area where you might kill people that aren't a part of the situation. For example, don't do it in Kavala, but if you did it at the church by the air garage, I would imagine it wouldn't cause problems.

From what I recall, suicide vests were being used almost randomly with a lot of collateral damage. Houses would get destroyed, people not in the situation would be killed, and then the person blowing the vest would be banned for RDM. It's the same idea about terrors. Some people don't want to be involved with it and therefore are given 5 minutes to leave the area or risk being killed.

I was just giving him the most standard way to describe using a suicide vest, what area's you can use them in, and area's that you can NOT use them in. There's no specific way to RP having a suicide vest, and having your goal to be blowing the shit out of someone. You could say that you have Spontaneous Human Combustion and Exploding Head Syndrome, run into an HQ full of officers, make something up that would end up in some of them RPing, and have the ending be you setting it off. You could even run into HQ, and say that Russia is bombing the HQ, *slip on a suicide vest* and then go KABOOM! There's no specific way to RP a suicide vest. To RP a suicide vest you pretty much have to wing it or plan it before hand. But mainly you have to make it funny and enjoyable for groups.

• Admin

Yep. Just use the suicide vest when the rules state it. There are rules for a reason. Once we allow people to use them " within RP ", all goes to hell. 

There are some things that we allow " within RP" but suicide vests cause too much collateral damage to be allowed at all outside the established rule-set. 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

What are the rules on using M6 Mines and Explosive Charges?

Those you can properly RP. RDM rules apply. 

7 hours ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Yep. Just use the suicide vest when the rules state it. There are rules for a reason. Once we allow people to use them " within RP ", all goes to hell. 

There are some things that we allow " within RP" but suicide vests cause too much collateral damage to be allowed at all outside the established rule-set. 

You should handle it on a case by case basis not a blanket not allowed. If someone dumb as fuck does it in kavala ban them, if im in a warehouse with a vest in the middle of nowhere it shouldnt be banable. This is the old style hades mentality, it drove people mad.

1 hour ago, Lucki said:

How do you properly rp the slam mines? By the time you tell someone to stop driving, they'd blow up. 

There was a case when a certain someone, *cough**cough* *peter* *cough* *long* set slam mines up on the support beams inside HQ and added it to his hostage situation....  

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Dustin87 said:

it drove people mad

Hades? Well. Thank you :) 

We rarely get any tickets on suicide vest but again. SOME things are OK within RP. We have a more open mentality on things but we still have to make sure we enforce the rules that are set for a reason. 

11 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Hades? Well. Thank you :) 

We rarely get any tickets on suicide vest but again. SOME things are OK within RP. We have a more open mentality on things but we still have to make sure we enforce the rules that are set for a reason. 

Thats understood, just dont clench down to tight, it really restricts good RP. There is no limits on negotiations now, it would be interesting to see how it plays out with a suicide vest. If all proper involved parties are engaged i really think it shouldnt be a blanket "no".

There's always going to be certain RP that will bend certain rules. I can see it being done with suicide vests as well.

A good example is when you do a hostage situation and try to exchange hostages for whatever your demand is from the police. If your demand isn't met, and you kill the hostage, it's fine. Even though you truly never offered the civ a way out of dying. It wasn't up to him to find a way out, it was up to the cop. 

• Admin
6 hours ago, Dustin87 said:

Thats understood, just dont clench down to tight, it really restricts good RP. There is no limits on negotiations now, it would be interesting to see how it plays out with a suicide vest. If all proper involved parties are engaged i really think it shouldnt be a blanket "no".

Never said a blanket "no". Even though I'm strict I still allow some freedom within RP. Sometimes I analyze some things with common sense instead of strict rules. 

Like sacrifices. According to the rules you are NOT suppose to do this if the player complies to your demand, but I've seen properly " well role-played " sacrifices that have been ok in my book. It all depends on the particular situation and the imagination that player has.