Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

So I was setting up a dashcam in my car that I got for my birthday, and while looking through the settings I saw an option for recording length. First thing that popped to mind was "Better set this to 5 minutes otherwise the mods are gonna throw out my RDM ticket"... And then I dropped my head in shame. Fuck you Olympus for what you have done to me...

Anyone else use dashcams?

• Like 5

I've thought about it, but I don't think they're worth my time. I've never had an at-fault, and the last collision I was in I was able to prove the other person's guilt with pictures, diagrams, and my own testimony. The other party also helped by lying to the insurance adjuster. If I was going to get a dash-cam, I'd get four for each side of my car, but again, is it really worth all the money and upkeep?

17 minutes ago, Fat Clemenza said:

I've thought about it, but I don't think they're worth my time. I've never had an at-fault, and the last collision I was in I was able to prove the other person's guilt with pictures, diagrams, and my own testimony. The other part also helped by lying to the insurance adjuster. If I was going to get a dash-cam, I'd get four for each side of my car, but again, is it really worth all the money and upkeep?

You don't need all four sides. You can generally put together what happened in a car wreck from the front camera in combination with the pictures that you take after the fact.

It's also extremely helpful if you are a victim in a hit and run, since you can just film their plates.

Having the dash cam greatly reduces the likelihood of gaps in the evidence when it comes to car accidents and insurance claims, and can certainly pay off if something does happen to you.

19 minutes ago, McDili said:

You don't need all four sides. You can generally put together what happened in a car wreck from the front camera in combination with the pictures that you take after the fact.

It's also extremely helpful if you are a victim in a hit and run, since you can just film their plates.

Having the dash cam greatly reduces the likelihood of gaps in the evidence when it comes to car accidents and insurance claims, and can certainly pay off if something does happen to you.

All four sides would give me peace of mind. If I were to make them record 24/7, that'd be good too; the girl who was guilty in that collision keyed my car fender to fender after she lost the case. I can't prove it, but if I had a dash-cam facing that way, she'd have been fucked. Again, is it worth the time and money?

28 minutes ago, Fat Clemenza said:

All four sides would give me peace of mind. If I were to make them record 24/7, that'd be good too; the girl who was guilty in that collision keyed my car fender to fender after she lost the case. I can't prove it, but if I had a dash-cam facing that way, she'd have been fucked. Again, is it worth the time and money?

It's really cheap, so yes.

1 hour ago, McDili said:

It's really cheap, so yes.

Yep, mine is one that cost like $30, and another like $10 for an SD card. Records in 1080P. It also has an option for recording while the car is parked based off of either motion sensor or a sudden jolt. I haven't actually pulled video from it though to see the quality.