Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

So I have a question I would like a definitive answer on 

So I frequently get cop uniforms from hostage situations or robbing officers etc then I take those uniforms and pretend to be a cop I look the part nothing is out of place yet I still get stopped by deputy's POs and even Corporals claiming I'm not an officer but how'd they know ? 

So what I'm asking is in a RP sense are cops suppose to know wether your a cop or not if you have the uniform on ? 

Does having a bounty justify being questioned on my role as an officer ? 

I've run into many cops who RP it out and others who do not some examples 

Good rp: Corporal allows me to process civs drive around with them etc etc 

Bad rp: deputy stops me says that I'm not really a cop cause no patrol officer would buy a sting 

Deputy taxes and restrains me says "me restraining you proves your not a cop cause I can't restrain my fellow officers"

Edited by Jeff Chaplin

It's always a gamble to run around with a cop uniform because it can go either way depending on the cop.  They are definitely justified to stop you if you have a bounty or if you have a police load out on.  

Good RP can be done either way.  Letting the guy continue what he is doing is purely optional for the officer.  However just be warned, they could care less where you got the gear or how hard you worked to get it.  If you are foolish enough to impersonate an officer around or with an APD officer or group of APD officers expect to be caught because they are 100% in their rights to question you and charge you for that stolen gear.

If the RP is so shitty that he won't give you the time of day to talk or defend yourself for having the gear (normal processing stuff), this is an issue with the senior APD and you can submit your issue to them so that way that officer can be counseled and corrected on how to act when he encounters this type of awkward arrest in the future.  

^ Same except mine was in Sofia 

But I just feel in an rp sense that officers should always rp it out I get if you have a bounty just saying your in our database as a wanted criminal but I think cops should always rp it out with someone who is innocent and in a uniform and instead of just stopping them right away instead try to catch them doing something sketchy 

Edited by Jeff Chaplin

In the order that you posted;

So what I'm asking is in a RP sense are cops suppose to know whether  your a cop or not if you have the uniform on ? 

Isaac's right, putting on the cop uniform and showing up to a bunch  of cops you take a risk. So before you decide to grace the Apd with your presence and stolen attire, keep that in mind.

Does having a bounty justify being questioned on my role as an officer ? 

Really depends on the scenario, if it's minor infraction like assault, attp auto theft(assuming your trying to nab a cop car), I'll play along lol. However if your rap sheet involves murder etc. A felony like that and your face is planted on the wanted database so to speak, expect to be engaged. Either way you take that risk.

Bad rp: deputy stops me says that I'm not really a cop cause no patrol officer would buy a sting.

Not bad rp, it's a form of rp however especially if you decide to approach a deputy. Not very common that they deal with this situation especially the new deputies. Bad rp would be if your name is called out from afar, "hey jeff, put your hands up you can't wear that uniform you scat!" LOL sorry I'm bored and I'm at work.

Deputy tazes and restrains me says "me restraining you proves your not a cop cause I can't restrain my fellow officers"

I'm sorry the response made me laugh, (why would you try to restrain officers anyway). In either case these are not examples of bad rp, are they good rp or great rp? Maby not in some eyes but it's not bad rp. Bottom line is, if you are planning to wear a full apd uniform and decide to troll cops with it, you will have to consider the risks that go with your choice. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Chaplin said:

^ Same except mine was in Sofia 

But I just feel in an rp sense that officers should always rp it out I get if you have a bounty just saying your in our database as a wanted criminal but I think cops should always rp it out with someone who is innocent and in a uniform and instead of just stopping them right away instead try to catch them doing something sketchy 

Officers are expected to rp out every scenario they engaged themselves in, however you cannot control their way of how they choose to Rp your situation. I had robbed an officer before and put on his sweaty ass uniform, but I always almost try to avoid on-duty officers at all possible when I mess around with the Scats making them think I'm the cop before the real boys in blue come in LOL, then I run, because I know I would need to be clever with my story and how I would approach them should they find me. They did however, tazed me and restrained me, they died and I was trying to convince some 'squeakers' that I was a cop and got restrained by a vigi by mistake, it was awesome. None the less they caught me and I was trying my best to stall till reset so I would still get my uniform but the deputy wasn't havin it, however I knew what the outcome would be because I took that risk.

4 hours ago, Isaac Newton said:

It's always a gamble to run around with a cop uniform because it can go either way depending on the cop.  They are definitely justified to stop you if you have a bounty or if you have a police load out on.

Like he said. It is a gamble. Also depends on the situation people are always looking to rp. So just have fun and go with the flow. Now all you need to do is get that fatty Sargeant gear and boss the Apd around :)

Edited by Rogue