Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Connecting Failed

So there's this german TDM server and I been trying to play on it. Had this same issue on a wasteland server I wanted to play on last night.

Server 2 actually gives me the same problem, but weirdly enough the only way I can fix that is by connecting to server 1 RCON and then server 2 RCON, which then lets me connect to server 2. But obviously that only works because I'm staff here.

But I get connecting failed every time. Tried switching profiles, tried restarting steam, tried restarting router, tried restarting PC. No juice.

Anybody know what else I could try? 

2 minutes ago, McDili said:

So there's this german TDM server called "academy" or something and I been trying to play on it. Had this same issue on a wasteland server I wanted to play on last night.

Server 2 actually gives me the same problem, but weirdly enough the only way I can fix that is by connecting to server 1 RCON and then server 2 RCON, which then lets me connect to server 2. But obviously that only works because I'm staff here.

But I get connecting failed every time. Tried switching profiles, tried restarting steam, tried restarting router, tried restarting PC. No juice.

i'm pretty sure your problem is called  ""shitters nicht erlaubt"" google translate it for more answers. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, McDili said:

So there's this german TDM server called "academy" or something and I been trying to play on it. Had this same issue on a wasteland server I wanted to play on last night.

Nice advertisment boi,
Verify game cache, new profile, flush DNS, reinstall

41 minutes ago, Fedot said:

flush dns

Tried this, didn't work. Switched to Google's DNS. Restarted internet, did not work.

36 minutes ago, Brennan said:

Nice advertisment boi,
Verify game cache, new profile, flush DNS, reinstall

Verified cache, new profile, and flushed/switched DNS, did not work.

Reinstalling doesn't seem reasonable considering I can connect to pretty much any other server.

10 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Try connecting directly to the IP, including the port if necessary. If that fixes your problem, it's your ISPs fault with their DNS routing

Google'd to find the IP/Port. I tried direct connecting with the in-game server browser. Server did not populate.

Tried direct connecting with the ArmA 3 Launcher. Infinite loading screen, had to press esc to get back to main menu after 5 minutes.

Have you tried deleting your mission cache? You'll find it in C:\Users\**username**\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

Just delete all of the files in there and try joining the server then.

fuck I had this problem along time ago, i wish i could remember what i did to fix it...

i could join any server but server 2 ... even now i cant refresh it on steam to see whos ingame but server 1 i can.

I'm not sure why you're getting that error. Are your ports forwarded for the specific servers? 

What commands are you running at startup in steam?

Have you tried disabling steam's in-game community to see if it's a bug with that?

Can you check for errors in C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\%FILENAME%.rpt?