I had many problems lately. headset is broken and my pc has been being garbage again. I can go in to 1600x900 res on all low settings with no vsync and I'll get 15 frames and stuttering drops. I used to get like 80 Frames constant. People with worse Pc's than me get way better frames. Specs are 8 GB Ram, Intel i5 4690K Cpu and NVIDIA 760 2GB VRAM GPU. 1.8 TB HDD.(Windows 10) Can't afford new stuff. I am resetting my pc and reinstalling Windows as I type this. My disk usage does jump up to 100 a lot and that might be it but I litterally tried everything to fix it. every tutorial. I tested it several times and it said it wasn't damaged or anything. I defragged it. nothing seems to work. I'll update this if the reset of my pc helped. Majestic come to the rescue. my cpu is also running oddly low speed again while running arma and playing it too. drops down to 0.8 sometimes and temperature shouldn't be the issue because I checked the temperature and it shouldn't be high enough to lower speeds or high enough to damage cpu. and don't comment get a ssd cause I cannot afford it and I won't be getting it anytime soon. help if you can <3 

• Admin

Make sure when you install windows it's a clean install. A clean install is one of the easiest ways to fix problems that make no sense. Getting an SSD helped me tremendously but I wasnt having the issues likey you are. If your disk space continues to jump up to 100% for no apparent reason, you should really consider saving up for a new HD. (SSD ;D)

• Like 1

760 and an i5 pushing out 80 frames? Yeah right.. You should be pushing 40 on high with that set up. I have a fucked up hdd but that only causes stuttering. Download afterburner or cpu-z and make sure all your temps and fans are working.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Dejay said:

760 and an i5 pushing out 80 frames? Yeah right.. You should be pushing 40 on high with that set up. I have a fucked up hdd but that only causes stuttering. Download afterburner or cpu-z and make sure all your temps and fans are working.

DJs right I had that same set up in the past max 40 frames 

+1 afterburner is a great program if your temps are too high your proccesser will scale back to stay in a safe temperature range it may also be worth re applying some after market thermal paste between your CPU and it's cooler 

Afterburner link https://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner

Something else to consider is viruses you may be unaware of, they can cause severely slow speeds if they run in the background consistently I recommend using malbytes to scan your PC however if you reinstalled windows this should not be a problem 

https://www.malwarebytes.com

I would also highly recommend getting a solid state drive instead of a hard drive this may help with some stuttering 

If your tight on a budget I recommend this solid state drive I've been using it in my brothers computer for about 4 months with no issues 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013J7P7SK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And finally give this a shot credit to lethals for this amazing guide 

5 hours ago, Dejay said:

I have a gtx 770 and a old I7 3770 and I run 80 with no issues. His processor is a lot newer and faster than mine. Absolutely no reason why he can't run 80 frames

I know you are going to say well you have a I7. Yes true. But my processor I've been using for 5 years or so. Maybe a little less. Then point I'm making is it is old. I have a dinosaur of a set up and I am able to pull great frames with ease. I feel with his set up there is no reason why he can't. I think a fresh copy of windows will do him wonders 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Gidgit said:

I have a gtx 770 and a old I7 3770 and I run 80 with no issues. His processor is a lot newer and faster than mine. Absolutely no reason why he can't run 80 frames

I know you are going to say well you have a I7. Yes true. But my processor I've been using for 5 years or so. Maybe a little less. Then point I'm making is it is old. I have a dinosaur of a set up and I am able to pull great frames with ease. I feel with his set up there is no reason why he can't. I think a fresh copy of windows will do him wonders 

Your processor has hyper-threading, i5's do not. That is the difference that really matters for Arma. It makes the game think you have more cores and runs faster than with an i5. I had the EXACT set up as him and could barely push out 40 on normal/high with 1.4k render dist. Also a 760 is nothing compared to a 770, (I'm pretty sure) don't quote me or anything but the 770 has 4gb of vram and has a faster clock speed. Sorry to tell you are wrong. However, you're wrong.

7 hours ago, Dejay said:

Your processor has hyper-threading, i5's do not. That is the difference that really matters for Arma. It makes the game think you have more cores and runs faster than with an i5. I had the EXACT set up as him and could barely push out 40 on normal/high with 1.4k render dist. Also a 760 is nothing compared to a 770, (I'm pretty sure) don't quote me or anything but the 770 has 4gb of vram and has a faster clock speed. Sorry to tell you are wrong. However, you're wrong.

I do understand where you are coming from. And in a perfect situation you would be 100% correct.  But if you actually lay out what his processor is vs what mine is. The Benchmarks are almost the same. Which is why i brought mine up. The differences are hardly noticeable to the average user. The reason i even said anything is because im comparing mine to it because of its age. The performance of my rig from when i build it to now has drastically dropped. Im looking at it in comparrision to what it is right now. Now if mine was a 3770k. I would not have said anything. But sadly it isnt. Mine is just a basic 3770. 

All im saying is there is so much more to take into consideration. Im not saying that you are wrong and i am right. 

Yes the 770 is better than the 760. But i went cheap and got 2gb vram. Still better. But nothing to brag about. 

We are getting off topic. In my opinion there is absolutely no reason why you can not pull them frames with that set up. Ive seen worse set ups run that with ease. 

• Like 1