Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

2 minutes ago, Cinematic said:

Same, I would be down for donating as well. Whoever made the decision to close Tanoa Life doesn't see the potential or is too lazy to promote it.

Changes

1.) Lower to 40 or 50 people - this is going to halve your upkeep costs. And be honest, you're not going to fill the server.
2.) Add a small hunting ground. Hell, even Altis has goats, chickens, sheep, rabbits, and snakes.

• Senior Developer
On 9/20/2016 at 5:32 PM, ToeKnee said:

IT WASN'T MY FAULT

It's the fault of the players that only played there to make money. As much shit as we give [X] for playing on tanoa, they're the only ones who provided opposition there, making it a real server.

That and the FPS lag. I didn't experience any, but many people who otherwise would have been decent participants there did.

I often tried to provide some APD resistence there, but it was mostly fruitless at times when there were server truces.

• Senior Developer
Just now, I Am Fuzzy said:

Give Tanoa its own donation goal. If goal isnt met no Tanoa for a month.

It'll never make it. I enjoyed playing cop there trying to fix the problem and there's no way I want it to stick around in the state it was in. The problems it had at launch, combined with FPS problems experienced by some people turned it in to a farm-only server, which won't just change magically overnight.

I think at least for now, a resurgence of the server would only be met with the same stigma from half the community, they wouldn't play on it because of that predisposition, and it would end up right back in the same spot again.

8 hours ago, Cinematic said:

Same, I would be down for donating as well. Whoever made the decision to close Tanoa Life doesn't see the potential or is too lazy to promote it.

Money does not grow on trees, servers are not free. Yes it would help if the Community donates, it's not because we are lazy, we cannot afford to be this big if we do not have the funds to maintain it.