The new map function...

So, as I'm sure a lot of you have noticed, when you open your map, it now centers onto your position with a set zoom. I was wondering why this was implemented into the server as Arma already has this mechanic for the map...

I personally, and I know of others that feel the same way, are getting frustrated by this new function as it requires you to make movements on your map every time you open it, if you are trying to view a specific area.

Is there any way that, perhaps we could add a setting into the "Y" menu settings to turn this function on or off?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Stelar said:

I find it a pain to always have to zoom out when there is a button on the top right to zoom in on your marker

^^ Hence the reason that I don't think the new function should be a thing.

• Like 1
  • Head Admin

The reason for this change is to remove faction map markers from the map.  Previously this wasn't really an issue for civs but in most cases the APD would always show up on the map giving away their position.  While it might seem trivial it was a pain in the add for the APD having their positions given away constantly.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

The reason for this change is to remove faction map markers from the map.  Previously this wasn't really an issue for civs but in most cases the APD would always show up on the map giving away their position.  While it might seem trivial it was a pain in the add for the APD having their positions given away constantly.

So, you're saying that the increase in mission difficulty (no more man markers etc.) is linked to the fact that when you open your map, it centers straight onto your position?