Wasn't the case when I did a run a few weeks ago.  The system for killing the turtles and collecting their meat is really wonky.  To kill them, get underneath (~4-5 m), right click so you're looking down the scope of your SDAR in first person mode, then fire a single bullet right in the middle of the underside of the turtle. I find that grabbing the meat works best if you stay in that first person mode and start spamming the windows key while swimming toward the meat.  You might have to back up and try again, but sometimes it works right away.

In sum, I think 9Jon72's technique being poor is the most likely situation here, not that mine is perfect.

15 minutes ago, 9Jon72 said:

When I go to collect a killed turtle I have to wait at least 30 seconds before it even lets me collect it.

Just make sure you are collecting at the right angle, go first person and collect on the underside within arms distance, spamming the key helps as well if you just look around the turtle and spam.

Yeah, that timer thing isn't an issue, you must just be having trouble looking right at it. I've always found the picking up suitcases with the windows key thing wonky. Constantly I either have to spam the shit out of it to just get one item, or I get it the first time I press windows key.

Also, just a word of advice: Don't do turtles, it's time consuming and it's rare you even see any in that red zone. Frankly I've started to believe admins didn't even set up a spawn system for turtles there, and they just marked a random area of the map and hoped to get lucky. Don't quote me on that though, that could be wrong, but everytime I've ever tried doing Turtles, it's rare I even see four. In Tanoa however, I could literally swim 100m out from the shore near one of our gang member's houses and there'd be turtles FUCKING EVERYWHERE. We killed the turtles, stored it in the house storage, filled it up full and made multiple trips to the turtle dealer to sell everything. Ezpz 12 milly.

5 hours ago, OlympusAccount said:

Yeah, that timer thing isn't an issue, you must just be having trouble looking right at it. I've always found the picking up suitcases with the windows key thing wonky. Constantly I either have to spam the shit out of it to just get one item, or I get it the first time I press windows key.

Also, just a word of advice: Don't do turtles, it's time consuming and it's rare you even see any in that red zone. Frankly I've started to believe admins didn't even set up a spawn system for turtles there, and they just marked a random area of the map and hoped to get lucky. Don't quote me on that though, that could be wrong, but everytime I've ever tried doing Turtles, it's rare I even see four. In Tanoa however, I could literally swim 100m out from the shore near one of our gang member's houses and there'd be turtles FUCKING EVERYWHERE. We killed the turtles, stored it in the house storage, filled it up full and made multiple trips to the turtle dealer to sell everything. Ezpz 12 milly.

Yea I'ma start doing that, also do not ever come at my way of life, turtles are in my bloodline and I will always do them

3 hours ago, RAYRAY said:

time to camp turtle dealer 

Fatty meta meightey.

16 hours ago, 9Jon72 said:

Yea I'ma start doing that, also do not ever come at my way of life, turtles are in my bloodline and I will always do them

How are you going to start doing that? They removed the Tanoa map. It was really sad though, I felt like it had real potential. Sad not many people bought the DLC :c

• Like 1