Sinking Bodies

ferg

Sinking Bodies  

53 members have voted

1. 1. We need to Fix This

• Fix Sinking bodies when waiting to be revived.
    • Don't bother.

Bodies sinking into the ground is an intentional action that occurs after 15 minuets has elapsed since your death.  Its a coded mechanic set in place to clean dead bodies off the map.  I dont know where 15 minuets came from, but it is a practical time limit.  Its true that these mechanics are not realistic to real life as after a few minuets, or a bullet to the head, there would be no way to bring a person back.  However, in Altis you can lay on the ground dead or dying for 15 minuets, regardless of how you died, and there is a 100% chance to save your life if a medic revives you or someone uses an Epi Pen on you.  It simply creates balance and prevents people from waiting an inordinate amount of time for a revive.  Also, can you imagine what Kavala would look like at the end of each server cycle if there was no clean up code?  There would be dead bodies laying everywhere.

• Like 4

k

1 minute ago, OlympusAccount said:

Yes, but I just wanna clarify that that's not a bug. The admins intentionally added that, probably to be more realistic. With that said, I'm not sure if I want it removed or not

59 minutes ago, Muthinator said:

Bodies sinking into the ground is an intentional action that occurs after 15 minuets has elapsed since your death.  Its a coded mechanic set in place to clean dead bodies off the map.  I dont know where 15 minuets came from, but it is a practical time limit.  Its true that these mechanics are not realistic to real life as after a few minuets, or a bullet to the head, there would be no way to bring a person back.  However, in Altis you can lay on the ground dead or dying for 15 minuets, regardless of how you died, and there is a 100% chance to save your life if a medic revives you or someone uses an Epi Pen on you.  It simply creates balance and prevents people from waiting an inordinate amount of time for a revive.  Also, can you imagine what Kavala would look like at the end of each server cycle if there was no clean up code?  There would be dead bodies laying everywhere.

thanks for putting a reason behind bodies sinking.

1 hour ago, Muthinator said:

Just make it a new way medics could earn money. "Coroner duties" You windows key a dead body and pick up a virtual item of "Deceased Body". A medic takes it back to a hospital and receives 5K/body for "cleaning up the streets"

• Like 5
16 hours ago, Lucki said:

Just make it a new way medics could earn money. "Coroner duties" You windows key a dead body and pick up a virtual item of "Deceased Body". A medic takes it back to a hospital and receives 5K/body for "cleaning up the streets"

Make it based on distance as well, the farther you have to travel to it, the more you make, like DP missions, it just marks the nearest hospital for you and pays you when you "drop it off".

I'm pretty sure they didn't have anything to do with bodies sinking. I very well may be wrong but I think that's just a thing ArmA does with dead bodies that have been sitting around for like 40 minutes. It would make some sense as having 100 dead ragdolls all around in like a zeus mission or something of the sort would cause some performance drops

Edit: I didn't read what Muthinator said, so I guess I am wrong. They should change it to 30 minutes and not 15 imo

You can still be revived even after your body has sunk there is a just a chance that It will glitch and you cant be revived and its sort of a happy accident considering in real life the longer you go untreated the more likely you will decease

On 10/30/2016 at 4:57 PM, Lucki said:

That is an amazing idea.