Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Official Vigilante Proposal

I say keep the vigi's how they because they are less powerful than cops meaning people who want to make money by catching people apply for cops, therefor meaning there's a more powerful cop force with more members so rebels can do things like BW and FED on a more regular basis. (and for that aids town of kavala EW!).

6 minutes ago, Tron said:

That's because CPLs, as well as any other APD officer, only have to buy their gear ONCE, and never have to buy it again unless they get robbed of it. Plus, cop gear is super cheap. They don't need the extra money.

The guns aren't free man, to my knowledge the CPL bipods are 500k

2 minutes ago, Tron said:

That's because CPLs, as well as any other APD officer, only have to buy their gear ONCE, and never have to buy it again unless they get robbed of it. Plus, cop gear is super cheap. They don't need the extra money.

This is where most Vigilantes go wrong. They think being a vigilante is a way to make money ezpz no problem, well its not. Being a vigilante is for rich people to just piss about and piss off other people, they don't care if they lose a vigi load out because its dirt cheap and they can just respawn and do the same thing again if a medic doesn't get them (no big deal). Vigi's expect to make El Chapo amounts of money but the reality is people with big bounties are always armed and have friends around to help if things go wrong. You could sit there being a vigi for 2 hours in Kavala with 500k bounties everywhere and only make 200k because everyone else will protect eachother against you, whereas you just go with a Bergen + SUV, spend 20 minutes and make 500k from a meth run.

Being a Vigi is not worth it, and never will be apart from pissing off people you don't like when you have people to protect you from anyone anti-vigi-ing.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Cheshyre said:

*TRIGGERED* "Join the APD if you want an MX" *TRIGGERED*

The point of playing Vigilante is being a fucking Vigilante, not a cop. If you join the APD you're not a Vigilante you're a cop, I see this argument every time this topic comes up and it's just ridiculous that people can't comprehend the point of "Vigilantes are under powered, maybe we should give them a fair opportunity to win a fight?" the point is to change Vigilante, not become a cop, that argument is just a straight up invalid response.

This is copypasta from an earlier thread, but I'm sure you didn't read through it based on what you just said.

No, I have read this before and you people can't get it through your thick skulls, Vigi's aren't meant to have a fair fight with rebels. They are meant to let people test the waters on a life similar to cop. This is just the way the server is balanced. If you don't want to deal with the regulations of cop deal with the sting, if you want powerful guns to get bounties, deal with the regulations. This keeps it balanced

6 minutes ago, Tron said:

Something I would like someone to explain to me is why rebel's are allowed to have 7.62 rifles, and vigilantes can't have so much as a 6.5mm CQB gun. If someone were to provide a convincing argument for why rebels get the privilege of overwhelming firepower with no questions asked, and no one else does, I'd be impressed.

Because rebels have illegal weapons. Vigilantes do not. You don't give a fucking rook banger the ability to buy a 50-cal from the gunstore for $100k do you? Think of rebels as terrorists who are importing/stealing military grade equipment.

Edit: Rebels have a fucking titan, that doesn't mean Vigi's should have a tazer firing Titan AP rocket does it?

Edited by Bow
  • Like 2

The bottom of the line is that this will never happen. Vigi's aren't supposed to be a good way to make money, on occasion you will make money if you are lucky and find some high bounties with no gear, which in that case good on you! Otherwise just deal with the fact that you can't get a good gun as a Vigi. Go deal with the shit on cop, it is all set like this because they need members in the APD. If vigi's get to have fair fights and have less regulations and rules and shit EVERYONE WOULD QUIT THE APD AND BE VIGIS

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Bow said:

Because rebels have illegal weapons. Vigilantes do not. You don't give a fucking rook banger the ability to buy a 50-cal from the gunstore for $100k do you? Think of rebels as terrorists who are importing/stealing military grade equipment.

Edit: Rebels have a fucking titan, that doesn't mean Vigi's should have a tazer firing Titan AP rocket does it?

Except vigilantes would be ACTING SIMILARLY TO A REBEL!!!! They would have to buy an expensive license to buy an expensive gun to go after people WHO STILL HAVE BETTER GEAR THAN THEY DO!!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE ARE ACTING LIKE VIGIS ARE GETTING .338S AND ARE GOING TO WRECK SHIT WITH NO COMPETITION! Equating vigilantes getting better gear to kavala scats having titans is ridiculous.

Except vigilantes would be ACTING SIMILARLY TO A REBEL!!!! They would have to buy an expensive license to buy an expensive gun to go after people WHO STILL HAVE BETTER GEAR THAN THEY DO!!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE ARE ACTING LIKE VIGIS ARE GETTING .338S AND ARE GOING TO WRECK SHIT WITH NO COMPETITION! Equating vigilantes getting better gear to kavala scats having titans is ridiculous.

Just read every post in this topic that's been posted by Bow or myself and this is just so wrong

14 minutes ago, Merpfer said:

No, I have read this before and you people can't get it through your thick skulls, Vigi's aren't meant to have a fair fight with rebels. They are meant to let people test the waters on a life similar to cop. This is just the way the server is balanced. If you don't want to deal with the regulations of cop deal with the sting, if you want powerful guns to get bounties, deal with the regulations. This keeps it balanced

"Aren't meant to have a fair fight"

What is the point of having a Vigilante if they're almost sure to fail?

I can't really argue with your opinion of "Just be a cop its easier" that won't get us anywhere, if you really want the server to just be a Cop vs. Rebel with Civilians caught in the crossfire kind of deal that's entirely your preference and I can respect that.  But for some of us that actually want a role other than Cop/Rebel, it's pretty frustrating to have the only alternative role being a very under powered Vigilante.  Since I used to know you personally I'd like to bring up the fact that you're a Rebel, who plays Vigilante just to piss other people off for the most part, while I can credit you with the fact that it's fun to turn in 4mil bounties (rip chrisgg), I also want to say that some of us want the Vigilante to be an actual role rather then an activity.

Edited by Cheshyre
15 minutes ago, Bow said:

Honestly, what the fuck are usually saying. Rebels have 7.62, were saying vigi's should get 6.5. Were not saying give them titans pistols or .50 cals for 100k were saying for at least 340k, vigi's can get to a mxc, no vest, nothing but just an mxc. Rebels pay 2/3 that for a complete load out. We're also saying that punishments will be harsher, vigi's can't just get small 40k bounties, were saying that tier 2 can got 80-100k minimum bounties. 

Maybe people should stop shit talking any idea involving vigi's getting anything remotely better than what they have now. Rebels have a ton of new shit as of black water update, cops are about to get a major update very soon, so why can't vigi's get an upgrade. And don't say they're annoying abd rdm, cause like I said, punishments will be a lot harsher and much more strict.

if you want cop vs. vigi with some rebels, and all you care about is killing, go play on opfor king of the hill, not an rp server where you are meant to have taxis and vigi's and copper miners and shit like that, that the point of an rp server, to have lots of groups of people.

2 minutes ago, Merpfer said:

Just read every post in this topic that's been posted by Bow or myself and this is just so wrong

How so? You keep saying

16 minutes ago, Merpfer said:

Vigi's aren't meant to have a fair fight with rebels

and yet I'm not even proposing gear that would give them a fair fight!! Do you mean to tell me that a fully geared rebel with 7.62 couldn't handle one vigilante with a 6.5mm CQB rifle and a vest? It would be more difficult than dealing with a 9mm pea shooter, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

STOP BEING SO CLOSED MINDED AND MAYBE THINK ABOUT HOW THE SERVER CAN GET BETTER FOR

PEOPLE

You may lose one out of 4 fights with vigi's, but that means vigi's lose 3/4 fights. Just because you lost one or two bounties to vigi's doesn't mean that they shod get nothing.

• Like 1

I get all of your arguments you want vigi's do be a real role. But this won't happen as it isn't how the server is set up. This server is a combat server with some RP mixed in there. There IS more than cop and rebel. You can get WPL and buy the trg (Lol) and do legals all the time. I saw this one guy making a fucking mining company with thought out roles and shit in the gang recruitment thread. It was really cool. If you want good roleplay vigi isn't the place to get it. I'm losing track of thought at this point. It is easy to get into cop. Just read the rules a few times over and do your interview. Ez.

1 minute ago, Tron said:

How so? You keep saying

and yet I'm not even proposing gear that would give them a fair fight!! Do you mean to tell me that a fully geared rebel with 7.62 couldn't handle one vigilante with a 6.5mm CQB rifle and a vest? It would be more difficult than dealing with a 9mm pea shooter, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I have already said this. THEY ARENT SUPPOSED TO. They don't need to have a fair fight, they shouldn't have a fair fight. If they want a fair fight go get on cop. And sometimes people potato with 7.62 and people (Myself<3) are gods with 6.5.

Just now, DANGUSDEAN said:

STOP BEING SO CLOSED MINDED AND MAYBE THINK ABOUT HOW THE SERVER CAN GET BETTER FOR PEOPLE

Woah there buddy calm down. We aren't being closed minded. This is just how the server works honey deal with it

1 minute ago, Tron said:

Yeah but you are giving Vigilantes police equipment... that is like saying a rebel is completely fucking useless against a cop with a MAR 10. Well they aren't, play tactically, play good and play smart and you will succeed. I'm not talking about Kavala Scats with titans, I'm talking about all rebels having access to titans.

2 minutes ago, Cheshyre said:

"Aren't meant to have a fair fight"

What is the point of having a Vigilante if they're almost sure to fail?

I can't really argue with your opinion of "Just be a cop its easier" that won't get us anywhere, if you really want the server to just be a Cop vs. Rebel with Civilians caught in the crossfire kind of deal that's entirely your preference and I can respect that.  But for some of us that actually want a role other than Cop/Rebel, it's pretty frustrating to have the only alternative role being a very under powered Vigilante.  Since I used to know you personally I'd like to bring up the fact that you're a Rebel, who plays Vigilante just to piss other people off for the most part, while I can credit you with the fact that it's fun to turn in 4mil bounties (rip chrisgg), I also want to say that some of us want the Vigilante to be an actual role rather then an activity.

I'm sorry but its like you think its hard to be a cop. Once you understand the cop rules you basically do everything automatically, I really do not understand at all why any Vigilante wouldn't want to be a cop, you don't ever have to re-buy gear unless its robbed from you and its not like you are permanently attached to the other cops, you are allowed to do you own thing within reason.

4 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

Honestly, what the fuck are usually saying. Rebels have 7.62, were saying vigi's should get 6.5. Were not saying give them titans pistols or .50 cals for 100k were saying for at least 340k, vigi's can get to a mxc, no vest, nothing but just an mxc. Rebels pay 2/3 that for a complete load out. We're also saying that punishments will be harsher, vigi's can't just get small 40k bounties, were saying that tier 2 can got 80-100k minimum bounties. 

Maybe people should stop shit talking any idea involving vigi's getting anything remotely better than what they have now. Rebels have a ton of new shit as of black water update, cops are about to get a major update very soon, so why can't vigi's get an upgrade. And don't say they're annoying abd rdm, cause like I said, punishments will be a lot harsher and much more strict.

Actually I think you'll find I did actually post at least 1 constructive post for vigi's. I said they should be white listed after they have 100+ arrests without having any punishments against them for vigi abuse/fail rp and then gun should be $150k

3 minutes ago, Bow said:

Yeah but you are giving Vigilantes police equipment... that is like saying a rebel is completely fucking useless against a cop with a MAR 10. Well they aren't, play tactically, play good and play smart and you will succeed. I'm not talking about Kavala Scats with titans, I'm talking about all rebels having access to titans.

I'm sorry but its like you think its hard to be a cop. Once you understand the cop rules you basically do everything automatically, I really do not understand at all why any Vigilante wouldn't want to be a cop, you don't ever have to re-buy gear unless its robbed from you and its not like you are permanently attached to the other cops, you are allowed to do you own thing within reason.

Actually I think you'll find I did actually post at least 1 constructive post for vigi's. I said they should be white listed after they have 100+ arrests without having any punishments against them for vigi abuse/fail rp and then gun should be $150k

I'm not saying it's hard to be a cop, i'm saying you shouldn't be forced to be a cop, roleplay is meant to be flexible and unconfined.  I shouldn't be forced to choose between Cop or Rebel in order to have any effect on the server.

Edited by Cheshyre
needed emphasis tbh
3 minutes ago, Bow said:

So you're equating the difference of 9mm versus 7.62 to 7.62 vs .338. The differences between those two scenarios shouldn't have to be explained. It takes 15+ shots from a sting to down a rebel, 3 shots to down a rebel with the MXC. A cop will go down in two hits with 7.62 just like a rebel would go down with 2 hits from .338. The difference in calibers is only extreme with lower caliber guns, AKA .45 and below

3 minutes ago, Bow said:

Yeah but you are giving Vigilantes police equipment...

Oh yeah... did someone forget about mxm, and all the lethal police gear in black water. Oh yeah, they also already have a sting (Hint: it a cop weapon)

3 minutes ago, Cheshyre said:

I'm not saying it's hard to be a cop, i'm saying you shouldn't be forced to be a cop, roleplay is meant to be flexible and unconfined.  I shouldn't be forced to choose between Cop or Rebel in order to have any effect on the server.

You aren't forced to be a cop, you can become a vigilante and receive a sting, just as a virgin cop gets. You also aren't forced to become a medic either, you can stock up on epi-pens and provide your healing services to others for a small fee.

Just now, DANGUSDEAN said:

Oh yeah... did someone forget about mxm, and all the lethal police gear in black water. Oh yeah, they also already have a sting (Hint: it a cop weapon)

Come on now, you know for a fact its illegal to rob the blackwater. I don't see what that has to do with this anyway.

Edited by Bow
31 minutes ago, Tron said:

Something I would like someone to explain to me is why rebel's are allowed to have 7.62 rifles, and vigilantes can't have so much as a 6.5mm CQB gun. If someone were to provide a convincing argument for why rebels get the privilege of overwhelming firepower with no questions asked, and no one else does, I'd be impressed.

because 6.5 weapons are all illegal, and vigilantes aren't supposed to be illegal

5 minutes ago, lil boat said:

You provide good points and arguments..... but fuck vigis aye lmao

Exactly my damn point, all people are doing is coming up with excuses... in reality tgis is what they're thinking. @Bow, you did provide one constructive thing, but 100 arrests without fucking up is hard for most cops to do, also have fun trying to find a log of that for only civ arrests.

• Like 1

I'm talking about making them legal for tier 2 vigilantes. That's the whole point of this thread.

The sting is fine. 1 taps in head and its like 3 shots in leg. No point making vigis stronger. They are as strong as they are intended to be. 

Edited by 3 Rip
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, 3 Rip said:

Vigis are fine the way they are. If you want to have better gear become a cop. Literally same exact thing. Don't know why you care so much.

*TRIGGERED* "Join the APD if you want an MXC" *TRIGGERED*

The point of playing Vigilante is being a fucking Vigilante, not a cop. If you join the APD you're not a Vigilante you're a cop, I see this argument every time this topic comes up and it's just ridiculous that people can't comprehend the point of "Vigilantes are under powered, maybe we should give them a fair opportunity to win a fight?" the point is to change Vigilante, not become a cop, that argument is just a straight up invalid response.

This is copypasta from an earlier thread, but I'm sure you didn't read through it based on what you just said.

2 minutes ago, Bow said:

You aren't forced to be a cop, you can become a vigilante and receive a sting, just as a virgin cop gets. You also aren't forced to become a medic either, you can stock up on epi-pens and provide your healing services to others for a small fee.

You're not even making sense at this point, you are forced to be a cop if you want a fair fight against a Rebe.l