Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Computer assistance needed!!

So I recently built a computer, and soon after realized I made a bad mistake. My motherboard isn't compatible with my case. Thought it wouldn't be a problem, but I think it is...

My headset, beats solo 2, have one wire for my mic and speakers, for iPhones and such. But the only jack on my computer and monitor for a headset is on the case. So basically, I can either use the headset as speakers or a microphone. But not both. 

my question is, is there a way to make my case hook up to my motherboard with cables or something? Or, could a USB headset plugged into the back of the computer that could work as a headset? Or, is there some sort of splitter type of thing that I could attach to my headset to then plug into a mic and speakers port?

if anyone knows, please let me know ASAP. I can list motherboard and case models if needed. Need to know quick so I can hop back on the force or APD and R&R. 

Any feedback or things i could buy is requested, preferably would like to buy from amazon if I need to buy it online. Stores near me are RadioShack and bestbuy and target. Please help me!!!

3 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

So I recently built a computer, and soon after realized I made a bad mistake. My motherboard isn't compatible with my case. Thought it wouldn't be a problem, but I think it is...

My headset, beats solo 2, have one wire for my mic and speakers, for iPhones and such. But the only jack on my computer and monitor for a headset is on the case. So basically, I can either use the headset as speakers or a microphone. But not both. 

my question is, is there a way to make my case hook up to my motherboard with cables or something? Or, could a USB headset plugged into the back of the computer that could work as a headset? Or, is there some sort of splitter type of thing that I could attach to my headset to then plug into a mic and speakers port?

if anyone knows, please let me know ASAP. I can list motherboard and case models if needed. Need to know quick so I can hop back on the force or APD and R&R. 

Any feedback or things i could buy is requested, preferably would like to buy from amazon if I need to buy it online. Stores near me are RadioShack and bestbuy and target. Please help me!!!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/3-5mm-Female-1-2-Computer-Audio-Cables-Adapters/31492/bn_5895298/i.html

for the case thing just get a new case its like 25-50 dollars

• Like 1

Just look up a splitter for the headset problem, yet I do not recommend to use that mic for your computer. You could buy a cheap mic that you place on your desk and it would be a major improvement. As for the mobo I am assuming you have an atx mobo and the case only fits mini atx or vice versa, buying your case would be your best bet and like @Berg02 said it would be best to buy a new case so you can access the io and you can get a case with a front 3.5mm jack for your beats and just make sure you have the case's cables plugged into your motherboard.

If I were you, I would buy a gaming headset like http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g430-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset 

Never had them, but there's so many option you could go with. Just to save my ears and everyone else's, don't use your beat's mic to talk to us.

25 minutes ago, iPopsicle said:

Just look up a splitter for the headset problem, yet I do not recommend to use that mic for your computer. You could buy a cheap mic that you place on your desk and it would be a major improvement. As for the mobo I am assuming you have an atx mobo and the case only fits mini atx or vice versa, buying your case would be your best bet and like @Berg02 said it would be best to buy a new case so you can access the io and you can get a case with a front 3.5mm jack for your beats and just make sure you have the case's cables plugged into your motherboard.

If I were you, I would buy a gaming headset like http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g430-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset 

Never had them, but there's so many option you could go with. Just to save my ears and everyone else's, don't use your beat's mic to talk to us.

Well. The mic worked perfectly fine on my old computer. Never had a problem with it, but yeah.

2 hours ago, Berg02 said:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/3-5mm-Female-1-2-Computer-Audio-Cables-Adapters/31492/bn_5895298/i.html

for the case thing just get a new case its like 25-50 dollars

Well, i have the jack on the case, it just doesn't work cause it isn't compatible with my motherboard. 

Also, I have no idea how to switch out the parts. I also think my motherboard is the problem, not the case. My motherboard doesn't even support wifi. I had to get an Ethernet cable hooked up. I'll try the converter thingy. Sounds like the best option. Only thing I noticed is when I used my beats as a mic, my computer played back all the sound the mic picked up, including my computer noise and such. Will I get that playback with it when if I have the splitter? Are there any settings to fix my computer playing back the sound my mic picks up?

27 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

Well. The mic worked perfectly fine on my old computer. Never had a problem with it, but yeah.

Well, i have the jack on the case, it just doesn't work cause it isn't compatible with my motherboard. 

Also, I have no idea how to switch out the parts. I also think my motherboard is the problem, not the case. My motherboard doesn't even support wifi. I had to get an Ethernet cable hooked up. I'll try the converter thingy. Sounds like the best option. Only thing I noticed is when I used my beats as a mic, my computer played back all the sound the mic picked up, including my computer noise and such. Will I get that playback with it when if I have the splitter? Are there any settings to fix my computer playing back the sound my mic picks up?

You should not get the feedback with the splitter, but do not take my word to the grave. The WiFi is a mere feature that some motherboards don't have (like mine) you can always buy a wireless adapter, but if the Ethernet cable is not that much of a hassle KEEP IT. It will let you use your internet speed's full potential and you will avoid the hassle of setting up the adapter.

This was the wireless adapter I used to use https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-N300-Wi-Fi-Adapter-WNA3100/dp/B003G2Z1M6/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1485291216&sr=8-10&keywords=wireless+adapter+for+desktop.

For the case's front headphone jack, is it not compatible for your new MOBO because it doesn't have the plug for front audio? Your best bet to double check that would to explore the MOBO's manual. Using the IO that's on your motherboard wouldn't be a problems anyways, right?

What I would buy if I needed a splitter: https://www.amazon.com/Headsets-Separate-Headphone-Microphone-Splitter/dp/B00Y458NA6/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1485292598&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=mic+and+audio+splitter&psc=1

8 minutes ago, iPopsicle said:

I heard they know a lot about Minecraft, could you confirm that?

Can confirm, one of our many skills. In all seriousness though dangus if you can't figure it out hop in the ts and ill work my magic. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Solomon said:

Have you tried contacting the support team? :Kappa:

When I went, they said they have no fucking clue... lol it was my friend though. But everyone else was playing minecraft... so yeah...

1 hour ago, iPopsicle said:

You should not get the feedback with the splitter, but do not take my word to the grave. The WiFi is a mere feature that some motherboards don't have (like mine) you can always buy a wireless adapter, but if the Ethernet cable is not that much of a hassle KEEP IT. It will let you use your internet speed's full potential and you will avoid the hassle of setting up the adapter.

This was the wireless adapter I used to use https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-N300-Wi-Fi-Adapter-WNA3100/dp/B003G2Z1M6/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1485291216&sr=8-10&keywords=wireless+adapter+for+desktop.

For the case's front headphone jack, is it not compatible for your new MOBO because it doesn't have the plug for front audio? Your best bet to double check that would to explore the MOBO's manual. Using the IO that's on your motherboard wouldn't be a problems anyways, right?

What I would buy if I needed a splitter: https://www.amazon.com/Headsets-Separate-Headphone-Microphone-Splitter/dp/B00Y458NA6/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1485292598&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=mic+and+audio+splitter&psc=1

Ethernet cable is fine, I'm keeping it. I should be able to use the IO. Not to much of a hassle. But yeah. I mean all the front ports don't work, including the USB and 2 audio jacks. I have, through a long amount of time, figured out how to get either my mic, or my speakers on my headset to work, but I think o just need to have a splitter. 

Its ts los the cheapest option. If it doesn't work, I haven't lost too much money.

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

Can confirm, one of our many skills. In all seriousness though dangus if you can't figure it out hop in the ts and ill work my magic. 

I will definitely consider using you Solomon. Whoever helped me before was, well... useless. But yeah, if I need you Solomon, I'll message you. 

Thanks to to all who have helped. Appreciate the comments.