Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Locked Banned. From Vac or Game Ban. [Info][Players]

2 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

This is what we are doing.

Name a single hacker/scripter that plays everyday.

there is lots, hell even @gordonmann1 ban evaded for 6 months after telling a mod he ban evaded and he was under the same name he got banned on. yaw yaw yaw was permed, lil bill was permed for a day and all he talks about is using pulldowns. this shit is a joke 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

This is what we are doing.

Name a single hacker/scripter that plays everyday.

Didn't ninja get unpermed for duping ? Didn't you guys knowingly let m2 ban evade half a year ago (after his very first hacking ban ) and jumpman? Didn't you guys lift MBPslayers duping perms multiple times ? Didn't you unban 3rip because he simply "served his time" on a perm ban ? Didn't symfuhny get unpermed ? Didn't you guys let savage go on a ddosing perm? Wasn't yaw yaw yaw ban just lifted ? I don't have anything against these people , just giving out examples . You guys are SO sure that these perms are reasonable and justified but they're lifted within a matter of time (myself , Joel's first hacking ban , Harley , Haiwood, etc)

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, Phizx said:

Didn't ninja get unpermed for duping ? Didn't you guys knowingly let m2 ban evade half a year ago (after his very first hacking ban ) and jumpman? Didn't you guys lift MBPslayers duping perms multiple times ? Didn't you unban 3rip because he simply "served his time" on a perm ban ? Didn't you guys let savage go on a ddosing perm? Wasn't yaw yaw yaw ban just lifted ? I don't have anything against these people , just giving out examples . You guys are SO sure that these perms are reasonable and justified but they're lifted within a matter of time (myself , Joel's first hacking ban , etc)

+1 man 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

Both your accounts were banned long before this was implemented so it never even got a chance to affect you I'm not sure what you are arguing for.

Just saying I seen many of the same people that got banned when I was initially banned and they are unbanned, and they did worst things?

11 minutes ago, Phizx said:

Didn't ninja get unpermed for duping ? Didn't you guys knowingly let m2 ban evade half a year ago (after his very first hacking ban ) and jumpman? Didn't you guys lift MBPslayers duping perms multiple times ? Didn't you unban 3rip because he simply "served his time" on a perm ban ? Didn't symfuhny get unpermed ? Didn't you guys let savage go on a ddosing perm? Wasn't yaw yaw yaw ban just lifted ? I don't have anything against these people , just giving out examples . You guys are SO sure that these perms are reasonable and justified but they're lifted within a matter of time (myself , Joel's first hacking ban , etc)

some great points here man.

People think this is purely because of pull downs and shit, it's not. This is for random hackers who have probably never joined our server and are just on a hacking rampage. It's to help stop some of the real hackers, not pull down script kiddies. If it happens to catch some of them too then cool. There were several hackers in the last few days that would have been picked up by this automated ban if we had it in place at that time.

I'm going to lock this post as we've discussed the topic well enough, and we're happy with where the system is at now.

If you get banned, put in a ban appeal. We will handle them case by case.

• Head Admin
12 minutes ago, Phizx said:

Didn't ninja get unpermed for duping ? Didn't you guys knowingly let m2 ban evade half a year ago (after his very first hacking ban ) and jumpman? Didn't you guys lift MBPslayers duping perms multiple times ? Didn't you unban 3rip because he simply "served his time" on a perm ban ? Didn't symfuhny get unpermed ? Didn't you guys let savage go on a ddosing perm? Wasn't yaw yaw yaw ban just lifted ? I don't have anything against these people , just giving out examples . You guys are SO sure that these perms are reasonable and justified but they're lifted within a matter of time (myself , Joel's first hacking ban , etc)

There is a huge difference between hacking and duping.  The issue with "letting" people ban evade isn't that simple either.  Our ban list is over 4k and this system doesn't include bans from before June 2016.  When it comes to ban evading in Arma the sad reality is it is so easy to do we cant really be expected to look into every new account that joins the server.  3 Rip and Symfuhny where banned under a different administration and you didn't question the iron fist then.  Savage I have no idea I neither banned nor unbanned him and I have no idea who yaw yaw yaw is.

This thread though is dedicated to the VAC/Steam ban system which is only triggered if you have shown that you are willing and able to use hacks/cheats in other online games.  Given the recent influx of hackers and the fact that this system only targets CHEATERS the upside vastly outweighs the downside.

• Like 3