Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

64bit is shit

13 hours ago, SystemChips said:

Yeah I think people are making things up when they are saying they are getting more fps. I haven't gotten any better framerate and I'm pretty sure when people were still discussing it that someone mentioned that it wouldn't improve fps

I used to average 30 frames in kavala.... now I avaerage around 50 while it's gone up to 80.... all on ultra settings with my view distance maxed out! it definetly runs much smoother and I haven't gotten a texture bug since downloading, my game only crashed once since the download. I love the update but I have heard people complaining that it sucks. I do have a theory for that however. Arma was very CPU intensive and it proboably still is, but what if they made it more beneficial to have a better GPU? I only have an I5 gen 4 but I also have a GTX 970 for a graphics card. Just a theory, proboably wrong but I may do some testing! I think that this update was VERY good for people like MY but it also could have ruined the game for other people.  

15 hours ago, SystemChips said:

Yeah I think people are making things up when they are saying they are getting more fps. I haven't gotten any better framerate and I'm pretty sure when people were still discussing it that someone mentioned that it wouldn't improve fps

>It didn't work for me so it obviously doesn't work for the thousands of other people that play ARMA.

I played for nearly 3 hours straight last night without crashing. Ever since June, my game has been crashing after 30-45 minutes of playing with either an out of memory error or a 'unable to init' error. I no longer have stuttering when zooming in. The biggest effect I noticed was that when I have task manager open, I actually see Arma using 7GB of RAM instead of 3GB.

Just because it didn't do anything in your situation, doesn't mean that its bs

46 minutes ago, Lucki said:

>It didn't work for me so it obviously doesn't work for the thousands of other people that play ARMA.

I played for nearly 3 hours straight last night without crashing. Ever since June, my game has been crashing after 30-45 minutes of playing with either an out of memory error or a 'unable to init' error. I no longer have stuttering when zooming in. The biggest effect I noticed was that when I have task manager open, I actually see Arma using 7GB of RAM instead of 3GB.

Just because it didn't do anything in your situation, doesn't mean that its bs

Well what I said is that it didn't improve my fps and I don't believe it's purpose was to improve fps. I didn't say anything about it not being an improvement as I have received no texture bugs so far playing with it. From what you said it doesn't seem that you didn't receive any fps improvements either, as fps was the only thing I was talking about. And most people I have talked to about it haven't received improvements in framerate either. Not trying to be rude or start flame but please read what I was talking about before you assume I am calling the whole update BS, as that is not what I said.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Randyy said:

Personally for me ever since I switched I have had 0 frame stutters. I cannot remember having one frame stutter ever since the update

agreed olympus looks pretty as fuck with the 64bit it already looked nicer then other servers before it 

5 hours ago, SystemChips said:

Well what I said is that it didn't improve my fps and I don't believe it's purpose was to improve fps. I didn't say anything about it not being an improvement as I have received no texture bugs so far playing with it. From what you said it doesn't seem that you didn't receive any fps improvements either, as fps was the only thing I was talking about. And most people I have talked to about it haven't received improvements in framerate either. Not trying to be rude or start flame but please read what I was talking about before you assume I am calling the whole update BS, as that is not what I said.

Let me re-emphasize one part of my post that you may have missed: 

6 hours ago, Lucki said:

I no longer have stuttering when zooming in.

Stuttering when zooming in, at least for my computer is a massive frame drop. My frames have improved in that the worst my frames have been in Kavala are 30FPS, when in the past it would go down to 18.