Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

64bit is shit

pla·ce·bo ef·fect
pləˈsēbō əˈfekt,ēˈfekt/
noun
  1. a beneficial effect, produced by a placebo drug or treatment, that cannot be attributed to the properties of the placebo itself, and must therefore be due to the patient's belief in that treatment.
  • Like 6

Well I wouldn't be surprised if most servers haven't switched over to 64 bit servers (pretty sure Olympus hasn't yet) so what they might be noticing improvements on is things that are client-side, whereas people who haven't had those issues don't notice much of a difference. What will be interesting is when servers starting switching over to 64bit, that's when I think we'll really start to notice changes.

4 minutes ago, TheRandomOne said:

Well I wouldn't be surprised if most servers haven't switched over to 64 bit servers (pretty sure Olympus hasn't yet) so what they might be noticing improvements on is things that are client-side, whereas people who haven't had those issues don't notice much of a difference. What will be interesting is when servers starting switching over to 64bit, that's when I think we'll really start to notice changes.

They have broke everything.

20 minutes ago, Snare said:
pla·ce·bo ef·fect
pləˈsēbō əˈfekt,ēˈfekt/
noun
  1. a beneficial effect, produced by a placebo drug or treatment, that cannot be attributed to the properties of the placebo itself, and must therefore be due to the patient's belief in that treatment.

Yeah I think people are making things up when they are saying they are getting more fps. I haven't gotten any better framerate and I'm pretty sure when people were still discussing it that someone mentioned that it wouldn't improve fps

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, TheRandomOne said:

Switching servers to 64 bit will have 'most likely' no noticeable impact to clients.

1 hour ago, Snare said:
pla·ce·bo ef·fect
pləˈsēbō əˈfekt,ēˈfekt/
noun

Definitely helped my game and many people I play with. Buddy can now play and fly around with 12k view distance without texturing where as before he would be lucky for it not to lockup his game when changing it. My game would freeze and texture everytime I saved a shadow play clip. Was forced to restart the game right after. Now it runs like butter through it. Verify game cache if you haven't, my game ran like shit until I did that even though it didn't download anything extra. I still have my old parameters for Max mem around 2gb which I haven't tried removing since it's running so well.

1 hour ago, Ignis said:

I am upset because I have yet to notice a different with it. It is crazy how over-hyped it was

OVER HYPED?

before i was getting on average 20-35fps in kavala i know get 30-45fps

Cartels i could get max 60fps now i get average 80-100 fps!!

Oh and btw i have an AMD lol

Over hyped my ass lol

• Like 2
1 minute ago, RogueMK said:

OVER HYPED?

Over hyped my ass lol

That's sick! I guess the hype was real lol

4 minutes ago, RogueMK said:

OVER HYPED?

Over hyped my ass lol

No memory leaks so far, minimal amount of stuttering, so much more stable (game isn't freezing no where near as much anymore), better fps, can actually play koth/ger tdm with fps greater than 40, feels good man

overhyped for sure 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Snare said:

Yeah idk yet havent had a chance to play hopefully it does the possitive thingd everyone is saying 4 me.

If you have a great rig you may not notice a difference. For me it plays mostly the same, although I do feel like I notice less stuttering when I zoom in on things (Such as zooming in on a hospital) but overall my FPS didn't change much but I have a great rig. Some people with low-to-mid range PCs reported some very noticeable positive changes.

And so far, nobody has gotten a texture bug to my knowledge. I think this one is the real victory here above all else, but even the performance increases for a lot of folks is a nice bonus.

Yea it's not so much I got a FPS increase because my rig is decent, stuff I do notice is things like, hoping in and out of Vic's no stutter, higher view distance without issues, being able to zoom and finally being able to immediately shoot instead of having the game catch up, to me it's much more smoother game doing the things I tell it to do when I do it, not when it feels like agreeing with me