Locked So comp doesn't mean shit anymore, You can accept all the comp you want and still report

9 minutes ago, Fr0sty said:

He did in the video, the player said 300k okay? and he replied with yes. And it is up to ingis to say if it is fair enough payment that why he is a staff member, Literally his sole purpose in this community is to judge if he player reporting has been wronged or not. And in this situation the player has been comped the full amount that he "lost" from the combat store.

again not to add salt here but maybe ingis didnt think that was good enough server side to lift or reduce the ban. That is why he his staff to make those calls.

9 minutes ago, Ignis said:

If you want to actually assume things go ahead. Something that your numb head friend didn't tell you is I did not deny or accept his ban appeal yet as I was going to reach out to the other party about it. But sure, go ahead make a fool out of yourself and tell all of Olympus that I don't know what I am doing :)

now your covering you ass because you did deny it in your words, read the messages and tell me how we could interpret those as he wont be banned. Are you serious right now.

• Head Admin
1 minute ago, Fr0sty said:

This shit makes me mad. Not that you can comp and report, that's okay, But that there is not clear cut rule about this shit. It all depends on the admin or mod you have and the day they are having. Can we have a clear cut rule about it. It either needs to be that if you accept the comp you cant report or no comp in general. Simple as that, we need clear cut rules about this so we don't have anymore bullshit bans that the player was misinformed about the comp rules or no comp at all. Simple as that

Clear cut rule?  Comp or ban is not a thing.  If you break a rule you don't get to throw money at it to make it go away.

• Like 3
Just now, Grandma Gary said:

Clear cut rule?  Comp or ban is not a thing.  If you break a rule you don't get to throw money at it to make it go away.

So then make a rule that says you can not comp for any rules you break. Cause that is literally what you just said so make it a rule and backup your words. MAKE IT A RULE

2 minutes ago, Ignis said:

Here's the clear cut rule: If you do not break a server rule you don't have to worry about any of this to begin with.

I'm sorry but are you asking all Olympus players to be perfect? People make mistakes alright. If you break a rule and then regret it and you comp, and its not a normal thing for you to break rules, you should just get a warning. 

1 minute ago, Ignis said:

Here's the clear cut rule: If you do not break a server rule you don't have to worry about any of this to begin with.

So if you make a small fuck up like shoot the wrong dude/gang in a gun fight you will get banned no matter what you do even if it was a honest mistake that would be solved really quick by being able to comp that person for his loss?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Ignis said:

You don't get my point here. I want a rule saying comp is not a thing. Your comment is adding nothing to the conversation other than making this toxic. And people accidentally break rules all the time we are humans. And I have seen multiple reports shot down due to the player being reported saying that he will comp. OS needs to make up their mind and make a damn rule.

2 minutes ago, Fr0sty said:

This shit makes me mad. Not that you can comp and report, that's okay, But that there is not clear cut rule about this shit. It all depends on the admin or mod you have and the day they are having. Can we have a clear cut rule about it. It either needs to be that if you accept the comp you cant report or no comp in general. Simple as that, we need clear cut rules about this so we don't have anymore bullshit bans that the player was misinformed about the comp rules or no comp at all. Simple as that

I dont see why there should be a no comp rule... its at the players word to not turn it in.
Maybe have a system in place like joining support teams teamspeak and submitting a mutual comp fulfillment ticket before or as you comp the person with both people present in the team-speak and a support team ticket number with video proff to back up that transaction.

again i get that you have video proff but that player either didnt inform them that the comp was sufficient or someone decided it wasn't good enough.

So because Civ's started the "comp or ban" rule now the staff has to make a rule saying its not allowed when it was never a thing in the first place?? Maybe people shouldn't assume that is what the staff goes by.

Just now, Tman15tmb said:

So because Civ's started the "comp or ban" rule now the staff has to make a rule saying its not allowed when it was never a thing in the first place?? Maybe people shouldn't assume that was okay in the first place.

Honestly, when the entire server uses the "comp or ban" method, the admins need to make a decision on it. You cannot just leave people in the dark. "Comp or ban" is not just some random thing that came out of no where, it has been in force for A LONG TIME.

1 minute ago, Tman15tmb said:

So because Civ's started the "comp or ban" rule now the staff has to make a rule saying its not allowed when it was never a thing in the first place?? Maybe people shouldn't assume that was okay in the first place.

"never been a rule" I can find at least 5 reports shot down due to the opposing player saying the offered to comp

• Head Admin

It does not need to be a rule it is common sense.  If you break a rule and you offer comp that is all on you that isn't how the staff roll.  If they submit a report after you give them free money then sucks to suck.

Not that difficult to understand really.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tman15tmb said:

Then make a clear cut rule saying that comp is not a real thing and that comp can be scammed and still reported. I just want a rule saying what OS stance on this is.

2 minutes ago, William 'Daniel' Wallace said:

Really is a two tier structure in this community.

Oh mr Y is a MC corporal - Comp applies

Oh mr X once called me a poopie head in side chat - Fuck him

Only if you have your head up your ass would you think thats how it works.

Just now, Tman15tmb said:

Only if you have your head up your ass would you think thats how it works.

I mean considering comps applying to some people and not others I don't see how it isn't.

Just now, PowerSpec said:

Alright guys, dictatorship here. EVERYONE MUST BE PERFECT. NO BREAKING RULES ON ACCIDENT, NO MERCY. 

While OS nuke 15 freshies in kavala square by repeatably ramming there cars with a spawned in chrome zamak transport

1 minute ago, Grandma Gary said:

It does not need to be a rule it is common sense.  If you break a rule and you offer comp that is all on you that isn't how the staff roll.  If they submit a report after you give them free money then sucks to suck.

Not that difficult to understand really.

So this is your formal response saying their is no such thing as comp. Since you wont make a rule about it for something that is a major problem in this community. This will be exploited and a lot of people bitching and moaning. Why can you not just make a rule saying their is no such thing as comp. This will save so much time for you in the future. Why is this community so hell bent on not having clear cut rules and allowing all the power to decide the ban is in the staff's hands and not in the rule book.

7 minutes ago, PowerSpec said:

Honestly, when the entire server uses the "comp or ban" method, the admins need to make a decision on it. You cannot just leave people in the dark. "Comp or ban" is not just some random thing that came out of no where, it has been in force for A LONG TIME.

UP^

Nah i think its a tough job to have to decide who gets the hammer and for how long.... how many perms stay permed for example.
Religious cancer people get the ban hammer and just take a break and go cause problems on other servers for a few days.
I still say paying for a concision decision to break the rules isn't ok. Accidental rule breaking and comping sure. but blatantly trying to buy your way around the rules should still have consequences.

I am now curious as to the whole situation and how the combat store took place.