Locked unban regicide

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

The funny thing... Dili & I were talking about this the other day...

I had made a comment how that if people actually served out some of their perm ban by taking actual time off the server and not ban evading or being annoying every week and shit that they'd probably stand a good chance to get unbanned if they made a decent statement, etc. However, everyone seems to go about it all poorly.

considering no one in regicide put in a ban appeal besides phizx and phizx put in 2 ban appeals 2 months after eachother i dont think thats annoying but then again this isnt my server 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, i Andrew said:

considering no one in regicide put in a ban appeal besides phizx and phizx put in 2 ban appeals 2 months after eachother i dont think thats annoying but then again this isnt my server 

I didn't specifically say these guys or Phizx? I'm just saying in general. There's others though who do get annoying I'm sure as you can imagine.

Also, if he's not ban evading actively or has ban evaded since being banned. If he were to make a well constructed ban appeal maybe he'd have a chance. Idk, I'm not an admin. However, I do believe in second chances and remain hopeful for people. However, if you specifically want to speak for phizx, he didn't exactly do a small exploit or something...

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I had made a comment how that if people actually served out some of their perm ban by taking actual time off the server and not ban evading or being annoying every week and shit that they'd probably stand a good chance to get unbanned if they made a decent statement, etc. However, everyone seems to go about it all poorly.

I wouldn't look at ban evading as the worst thing in the world. You can look at it from the staff perspective and say "Wow this guy just doesn't get it..." and ban said person for evading,

but then when you take one more step back you might notice something else

I haven't ban evaded for a second time since my first ban like 2 months ago, but these people ban evading aren't doing it just because they want to piss you off, they're going out of their way to spend money and time trying to play the community they once spent hours and hours a day on. 

3 minutes ago, call_me_dog said:

Or you unban the people that didn't cheat and give them one more chance so gang life can come back and there could actually be some cartel fights.

That's a disservice to the community, and that's really all there is too it.

The only people who ever say the server is dead are a small but vocal minority of players who sit in one spot on the map trash talking everybody to come fight them.

I'll give it to you straight. You sitting on cap waiting for people is lazy. You're not doing anything.

You're right that this is the internet and shit talk is just shit talk. What you don't understand is that when you shit talk the other gangs in side chat cause they won't fight or are taking to long or are using a strategy you don't approve of (gimme a break, waaaahhh roaching reeee) then those gangs just say forget it and don't fight you. And it's your fault for driving them away from wanting to fight. You work against yourselves, I don't understand how people don't get this.

Altis Life doesn't revolve around cartels, so stop acting like it does.

Finally, don't confuse me for saying that cartels add no value, they definitely do. And we do care about making it better. It just doesn't happen overnight.

You can forget about unbanning people who exploited multiple times. Gang life doesn't revolve around money exploiters and dupers. It's not going to happen, so forget it.

1 minute ago, McDili said:

That's a disservice to the community, and that's really all there is too it.

The only people who ever say the server is dead are a small but vocal minority of players who sit in one spot on the map trash talking everybody to come fight them.

I'll give it to you straight. You sitting on cap waiting for people is lazy. You're not doing anything.

You're right that this is the internet and shit talk is just shit talk. What you don't understand is that when you shit talk the other gangs in side chat cause they won't fight or are taking to long or are using a strategy you don't approve of (gimme a break, waaaahhh roaching reeee) then those gangs just say forget it and don't fight you. And it's your fault for driving them away from wanting to fight. You work against yourselves, I don't understand how people don't get this.

Altis Life doesn't revolve around cartels, so stop acting like it does.

Finally, don't confuse me for saying that cartels add no value, they definitely do. And we do care about making it better. It just doesn't happen overnight.

You can forget about unbanning people who exploited multiple times. Gang life doesn't revolve around money exploiters and dupers. It's not going to happen, so forget it.

https://gyazo.com/23385915ba16426cc25ae2acf8c3a6f8

thats all i have to say to u 

• Like 1
Just now, McDili said:

fighting cartels is a waste of time and we aren't allowed to ask people to do it?

Just now, McDili said:

As I said Its the FUCKING INTERNET and you Implemented a MUTE SIDECHAT BUTTON

1 minute ago, McDili said:

Fighting cartels and spending our money is LAZY and UNPRODUCTIVE?!

If you guys actually "Cared" about making gang life and cartels better, which people have been complaining about for quite a while now, there would be some significant changes.

Also, Unbanning people who fucking actually fight and don't leave after one cartel fight because they get fucking whomped will fix fighting and not waste my fucking time.

So if you'd like your server to die and wither away so be it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, McDili said:

Can't see gyazo's from work so you're gonna have to explain it friendo.

they abused a system that was only in existence cuz of improper values if u can buy an ifrit at 750k then sell it at 950k youd be a monkey not to do it it just happend that others blew it out of proportion besides mass exploiting was a 14 day was it not? from phizx 

28 minutes ago, i Andrew said:

ok i understand that and side chat has nothing to do with it to be honost i fight more when ppl talk shit in side

this wasnt a post to talk shit on so idk why u even gotta start?

CJvAZdVUwAAWlW_.png

Just now, call_me_dog said:

fighting cartels is a waste of time and we aren't allowed to ask people to do it?

I have no idea how my observation lead you to this dumb question. I don't know how to respond to this other than no, that's not what I said.

As I said Its the FUCKING INTERNET and you Implemented a MUTE SIDECHAT BUTTON

You're not paying attention. When you trash talk other gangs for not being fast enough or roaching or whatever it is, they don't want to fight you. I'm not saying it's not allowed. Pay attention. I'm saying that trash talking them is counter productive to wanting a fight.

Fighting cartels and spending our money is LAZY and UNPRODUCTIVE?!

No. Sitting on cap for an hour and bitching at people to come fight is lazy. Again, pay attention and actually read what I'm saying. Fighting cartels is great.

If you guys actually "Cared" about making gang life and cartels better, which people have been complaining about for quite a while now, there would be some significant changes.

We've made changes, and continue to make changes, and have plans for changes. Why don't you go to your civilian representatives and give some feedback? They're responsible for bringing up concerns to the staff in a formal manner that doesn't devolve into "Unban dupers so I'm not bored anymore reeee"

Also, Unbanning people who fucking actually fight and don't leave after one cartel fight because they get fucking whomped will fix fighting and not waste my fucking time.

So if you'd like your server to die and wither away so be it.

Unbanning dupers and exploiters so you can have a good time? What a joke.

6 minutes ago, i Andrew said:

they abused a system that was only in existence cuz of improper values if u can buy an ifrit at 750k then sell it at 950k youd be a monkey not to do it it just happend that others blew it out of proportion besides mass exploiting was a 14 day was it not? from phizx 

You'd be a monkey not to do it? Or you'd be smart not to do it because you'd get banned?

thinking.jpg

Just now, i Andrew said:

or u can just unban the ppl who "dupped" money mean while they just exploited the server that is ran by u like ur fault cmon 

Andrew ur asking for a fight ur not gonna win...

Just now, McDili said:

I have no idea how my observation lead you to this dumb question. I don't know how to respond to this other than no, that's not what I said.

You're not paying attention. When you trash talk other gangs for not being fast enough or roaching or whatever it is, they don't want to fight you. I'm not saying it's not allowed. Pay attention. I'm saying that trash talking them is counter productive to wanting a fight.

No. Sitting on cap for an hour and bitching at people to come fight is lazy. Again, pay attention and actually read what I'm saying. Fighting cartels is great.

We've made changes, and continue to make changes, and have plans for changes. Why don't you go to your civilian representatives and give some feedback? They're responsible for bringing up concerns to the staff in a formal manner that doesn't devolve into "Unban dupers so I'm not bored anymore reeee"

your telling me that im fucking lazy for sitting on cap and not allowed to "Shit talk players" into coming to fight against my gang?

your telling me that I cant trash talk gangs?

your telling me the I'm unproductive for spending the money I have and not jerking kids off in some gay ass rp session in kavala square?

You don't make any fucking changes to the fucking cartels? Name some please ENLIGHTEN ME PLEASE GOD!

And fixing the server is such a fucking joke man really I fucking hate every part about that idea?

14 minutes ago, McDili said:

Can't see gyazo's from work so you're gonna have to explain it friendo.

It's a quote of Phizx that was a hidden post.
Says: 

Not to be the horse with 3 legs but we abused a system that was only in existence because of improper values :/

If you can buy an ifrit at 750k and then resell it at 950k, you'd be a monkey not to do it, it just so happened that myself as well as many others blew it out of proportion. Besides, mass exploiting was a 14 day ban, was it not?

Oh and lets not forget when insurance was less than chop value :P, bans were a lot shorter plus they were lifted I'm pretty sure

1 minute ago, bigSMOKE said:

nothing to say to my other comment LOL thats what i thought u prime retards just think i got jazzzy permed cuz he left incarnate we were friends when he left he then we started talking shit he started hitting me off so lata bitch but im a "rat" LOL

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, McDili said:

You'd be a monkey not to do it? Or you'd be smart not to do it because you'd get banned?

thinking.jpg

Don't enter values wrong and people wont have the temptation to "exploit". You gave them the temptation because a developer was unable to enter a correct value. If you fuckin saw that shit you would be hype as fuck and use it to your advantage too, dont enter values wrong and people wont have temptation to "exploit".......

• Like 2
Just now, i Andrew said:

or u can just unban the ppl who "dupped" money mean while they just exploited the server that is ran by u like ur fault cmon 

So if a bank leaves it's vault unlocked and somebody steals money from it, the robber doesn't go to jail?

It was a bug/oversight for sure. But instead of reporting it, they took advantage of it. In addition some of the folks we banned from that exploit also duped items.

1 minute ago, i Andrew said:

plz anyone and their dead nans wouldve done it ur just saying that cuz ur an admin lol 

Sounds like some pretty short-sighted players to me. I guess the smart players decided not to do it and they can still play, hmm.

2 minutes ago, call_me_dog said:

your telling me that im fucking lazy for sitting on cap and not allowed to "Shit talk players" into coming to fight against my gang?

You keep saying that I'm telling you that you "aren't allowed" to shit talk or something and this is now the third time that I'm repeating to you that no, I'm not saying that. I'm saying the other gangs don't want to fight you when you do it. I'm trying to help you here, you're really not getting it.

your telling me that I cant trash talk gangs?

Nope. Didn't say that one time.

your telling me the I'm unproductive for spending the money I have and not jerking kids off in some gay ass rp session in kavala square?

Nope. Didn't say that one time.

You don't make any fucking changes to the fucking cartels? Name some please ENLIGHTEN ME PLEASE GOD!

Pay attention. People asked for warzone back, we gave it to them. People asked for more cartels, they don't like the new cartels. People asked for a war system, we gave them one. People asked for a war pt. market, and some of that code has begun as of this post. People asked for ground garages at cartels, it's probably gonna happen. People asked for defibs, we gave them epi pens. People asked for epis at rebels, and we're in discussion about a way to accommodate that.

:)

And fixing the server is such a fucking joke man really I fucking hate every part about that idea?

Idk what you're talking about here, sorry.

I think if you take a handful of the people banned and take our arguments against yours, we'll get a lot further in understanding and much more civilly. I'd prefer that much more than Ares just denying my ban appeals as soon as he notices it :/

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Young Mogul said:

Don't enter values wrong and people wont have the temptation to "exploit". You gave them the temptation because a developer was unable to enter a correct value. If you fuckin saw that shit you would be hype as fuck and use it to your advantage too, dont enter values wrong and people wont have temptation to "exploit".......

mfw people try to say it's OUR fault that people decided to take advantage of something that anyone with half a brain would understand is not intentional.