Giant FPS Drops

So I have a problem that only occurs when I play arma and its not just on olympus. I get massive frame drops that ruin the experience. I usually have between 50 - 70 and then all of a sudden it drops to 1 - 5 for about 3 seconds which is very tedious. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

It might be a certain place, example, does it happen when u look at the sky? Because then you should lower ur sky render settings. Find out where u r looking when u get these lag spikes, if it's just randomly then try to lower all of ur settings and it may be crappier, but atleast u won't lag

1 hour ago, Fusah said:

I had around the same problem but I figured out it was my motherboard which could not handle the game for some reason so I had to underclock my cpu to compensate.. check if its something like that 

How much did you underclock .1 ghz?

51 minutes ago, [NR] Threat said:

go to power and sleep settings--additional power settings--show additional plans--pick high performance--click change plan settings--change advanced power settings--processor power management--maximum processor state and change to 99 same as minimum-- press apply            bam done.

This didn't solve the issue

18 minutes ago, Proud said:

It might be a certain place, example, does it happen when u look at the sky? Because then you should lower ur sky render settings. Find out where u r looking when u get these lag spikes, if it's just randomly then try to lower all of ur settings and it may be crappier, but atleast u won't lag

No matter where I am it happens around every 20 seconds

19 hours ago, Airborne said:

So I have a problem that only occurs when I play arma and its not just on olympus. I get massive frame drops that ruin the experience. I usually have between 50 - 70 and then all of a sudden it drops to 1 - 5 for about 3 seconds which is very tedious. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

how much ram?

in-game video settings?

did you set the parameters in arma?

this game pretty much runs like crap even if you have a good rig, I dont dip that low but I still get mild dips 60-80 avg dips to 34ish.