Swimming Vs. Running

As some of you know I leave for bootcamp June 21st. I’ve been working hard getting in shape and have been doing a lot of running. My legs are always in a lot of pain as I just recently started. I’ve seen some people recommend I swim for a whole body workout and it will be just about as good if not better than running. What do you guys think. 

• Like 1

Swimming is Great. Ik I'm a fatass but hear me out. Swimming is indeed a full body workout. It is way better then running. Running is high impact on your joints and ligaments. I dont have accesses to a pool or I would swim everyday. But I do do the elliptical for 30min to an hr a day. That is not a heavy impact cardio like ruining so maybe try that.  

• Like 1

If your trying to get in shape, all you have to do is move your body actively for a certain period of time to burn calories. If your trying to gain muscle, I suggest hiring a trainer that will give you a diet based off your body type. (Ectomorph, endomorph. Etc.) Reallistically I hate running because I tend to get problems in my knees but I think swimming is very fun so I will probably swim more than run. Point is, as long as your moving your body burning calories and staying off of junky food (I'm sure I don't need to explain junky food) you will lose weight. I go to the gym daily and try to eat healthy Monday to Friday. On saturdays and sundays I don't go to the gym and I can eat what I want.

Another thing: when you describe your legs being in pain, do you mean it as a healthy pain like soreness or a piercing pain in your knee or ankle? 

Edited by Yayo