Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Arma Crashes

When I try launching arma 3 it says “preparing to launch” and then straight crashes it never actually launches. I have tried deleting certain files and verifying game cache, and I uninstalled and then reinstalled and it’s still not working. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone before and how’d you fix it?

33 minutes ago, Ryan said:

What’s the error message when it crashes?

Yeah - we need error message from Steam / Arma ... also there should be an entry in the 'Applications' event logs for when the application crashes.

Please describe the files you tried deleting as well. This shouldn't have to be done as steam basically hashes all your game files and compares them with the hashes on steam servers...so basically if there is even the slightest change in the game files the hash won't match and itll redownload...

Other stuff:

- What anti-virus you use? Why - because some AV has application blacklisting capabilities (most do) and ive seen arma and other games have to be whitelisted to work.
- Have you made ANY changes to you computer since it last worked? Windows/Driver/Application Update, newly installed application, newly removed application, etc etc.
- Does the launcher open and not the game or vice versa
- Did the game work after the tanks update?
- What are your system specs? Answer best you can (Motherboard, RAM, CPU, GPU, PSU Wattage, # of drives)

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

What’s the error message when it crashes?

There’s no error message it jusy says “preparing to launch “ and doesn’t launch, i crtl alt delete and it’s not in the task manager 

3 hours ago, MAV said:

Yeah - we need error message from Steam / Arma ... also there should be an entry in the 'Applications' event logs for when the application crashes.

Please describe the files you tried deleting as well. This shouldn't have to be done as steam basically hashes all your game files and compares them with the hashes on steam servers...so basically if there is even the slightest change in the game files the hash won't match and itll redownload...

Other stuff:

- What anti-virus you use? Why - because some AV has application blacklisting capabilities (most do) and ive seen arma and other games have to be whitelisted to work.
- Have you made ANY changes to you computer since it last worked? Windows/Driver/Application Update, newly installed application, newly removed application, etc etc.
- Does the launcher open and not the game or vice versa
- Did the game work after the tanks update?
- What are your system specs? Answer best you can (Motherboard, RAM, CPU, GPU, PSU Wattage, # of drives)

Like I said above there's no error message. It doesn't even launch to the arma 3 launcher before crashing. I tried deleting a file called "Arma3launcher_exe" I watched a guy on youtube having the same problem and it fixed his.

It says I am using windows defender Anti Virus.

I have not made any changes to it at least from what i remember. Windows did update but I am not positive as if it worked before the update compared to after.

Here's what it does : https://gyazo.com/f9925c463e3167c1c745fb8ac6778232 then that "preparing to Launch arma 3" box goes away and it doesn't launch arma.

I am not sure if the game worked after the Tanks update I have not been playing a lot and I am unsure of when the update came out.

PC Specs: https://gyazo.com/f511cfe534c1783613ab7e508f153019