Bounties on people???

Was wondering what everyone would think about some sort of bounty system, different from what we already got, where a player can go to some sort of NPC and set a bounty on someones head, when that player is killed, the player that kills them gets the $$$... However, it'd have to have the same rules as vigi'ing your own gang, just to keep it from being farmed by the players own gang, thoughts?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Storm | ICE said:

Sooooo, an open contract hit the whole server can see? how would said person with the hit know they have money on their head and distinguish between an rdm and a hit

their would still have to be engagement rules, otherwise people would just set 5k bounties and rdm the server

1 minute ago, TheKingSage said:

their would still have to be engagement rules, otherwise people would just set 5k bounties and rdm the server 

im ok with this. don't know how it would be implemented but i like the concept

• Like 1

@Corporal Moob Brought up a very similar idea to this and I am willing to push for it but we have more pressing matters to do. I will most likely try to bring this up next meeting.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, TheKingSage said:

Was wondering what everyone would think about some sort of bounty system, different from what we already got, where a player can go to some sort of NPC and set a bounty on someones head, when that player is killed, the player that kills them gets the $$$... However, it'd have to have the same rules as vigi'ing your own gang, just to keep it from being farmed by the players own gang, thoughts?

It would be pretty cool to see it become another illegal activity to do. There could be some kind of illegal zone that you could go and place contracts on other people-- would it be restricted to rebels i.e only available at a rebel outpost, or a new red zone entirely?

11 minutes ago, Slumberjack said:

It would be pretty cool to see it become another illegal activity to do. There could be some kind of illegal zone that you could go and place contracts on other people-- would it be restricted to rebels i.e only available at a rebel outpost, or a new red zone entirely?

I think it would be pointless to make an entirely new red zone for this. Maybe place a new NPC in a separate building from the buy hut at rebel where you can set the hit

Does the bounty stick if you or your gang member kills them instead of someone else

2 minutes ago, communistjosh said:

I think it would be pointless to make an entirely new red zone for this. Maybe place a new NPC in a separate building from the buy hut at rebel where you can set the hit

Does the bounty stick if you or your gang member kills them instead of someone else

Yeah for sure. Maybe it would be cool as another rebel perk to set these contracts since it would have to be an illegal activity obviously ahha

I would think anyone could collect the bounty as if I want to put a 300k bounty on  communistjosh for example I would have to front that cash so whoever carries out the job gets the check ultimately from me.

17 minutes ago, Slumberjack said:

Yeah for sure. Maybe it would be cool as another rebel perk to set these contracts since it would have to be an illegal activity obviously ahha

I would think anyone could collect the bounty as if I want to put a 300k bounty on  communistjosh for example I would have to front that cash so whoever carries out the job gets the check ultimately from me.

Well I kinda feel like maybe people should actually have to accept the contracts manually and they would have to have a limit on how many they can accept. It would be dumb to be able too see anyone who has a hit on their head because then you wouldn’t even be able to walk through any city or be seen by anyone without them having the want to put a bullet through your head. Maybe it should not tell you the name of the person but give you slight hints every certain amount of time to make it more challenging. Hints like what area they are in and/or what clothes or gun they have. Then you have to engage them and kill them to find out if it’s the right person 

• Kreygasm 1
1 minute ago, communistjosh said:

Well I kinda feel like maybe people should actually have to accept the contracts manually and they would have to have a limit on how many they can accept. It would be dumb to be able too see anyone who has a hit on their head because then you wouldn’t even be able to walk through any city or be seen by anyone without them having the want to put a bullet through your head. Maybe it should not tell you the name of the person but give you slight hints every certain amount of time to make it more challenging. Hints like what area they are in and/or what clothes or gun they have. Then you have to engage them and kill them to find out if it’s the right person 

I like the sound of that