About that NLR

I have nothing against NLR as it applies to legitimate play, but what I just got banned for is a bit insensible.

I was on server 1 in Kavala when a player started mass rdming. I was recording so I decided I would come back and try to revive one of the other guys he rdmed and also to get more evidence if he killed me again. Sure enough he killed me again, all the while I was in TS talking to a moderator about the situation. I returned yet again to find him still RDMing and his friend also joined in. I put the video into a support ticket and it was quickly resolved and they were banned.

So like a normal person I put in a ticket for comp using the same video and linking the previous ticket expecting it to be an easy fix, but to my surprise I tried logging in a little bit ago with a 3 day ban. My ticket and the response can be seen below. 

It pains me that a player can go out of their way to try and get an (extremely) toxic player removed from the server but still end up getting banned for NLR. 

Also a side note, there was way more RDM from those two, I have more videos I didn't feel the need to upload and there were plenty of witnesses who can chime in here if they feel the need to.

Le Incriminating Video - (RDM starts around 4 min 25 seconds)

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Unjo said:

I already did that, they have yet to respond and I have sat in the TS for almost 2 hours =)

(The timing on this will probably suck because im not aloud to post anything without approval from mods)

Edited by RichardDixe
Just now, Caleb Snackbar said:

Like even if someone else breaks rules doesn’t give you the right to, then everyone would just say “I thought I got rdmed so I should be able to break nlr” 

There's a difference between thinking they RDMd and knowing that they are mass RDMing and getting evidence to report them

• Like 2

With all due respect, you broke NLR twice and even said you were going to. I don't know what you expected. Players get dealt with when evidence is submitted and you did so by submitting the video. It doesn't give you a free pass for knowingly breaking a rule. 

• Downvote 2

Olympus staff team at it's finest. Psyche

It's hilarious how rather than explaining what you did or trying to talk to you about it they just ban you thinking youll Learn ur lesson when in truth this is a terrible method.

Edited by [Slug] RapidKillz
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Instantmac said:

With all due respect, you broke NLR twice and even said you were going to. I don't know what you expected. Players get dealt with when evidence is submitted and you did so by submitting the video. It doesn't give you a free pass for knowingly breaking a rule. 

Everyone's apparent readiness to throw the idea of context out the window when it comes to this rule is what's most upsetting. I was in a support channel with a mod throughout the entire thing, AND a previous ticket to report the RDMers (that used the same video) got resolved without an issue.

Just now, Caleb Snackbar said:

Once you get rdmed once just stop going back what do you have to gain from it anyway you are just ruining chances of getting comp or being able to submit, two wrongs doesn’t make a right 

Did you read anything? My goal was to get the mass RDMers banned, which was successful. 

4 minutes ago, Instantmac said:

Actually if a player rdms you then nlr doesn't apply

• Downvote 4
Just now, FluffyTEDDY said:

In my eyes NRL should not Apply when you get killed for no legit role-play reasons.. But the staff love drama and chaos, so it's what you get i guess

NLR doesn't apply to arma glitches, so I would agree with fluffy and say NLR shouldn't apply to an RDM in most cases.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, RichardDixe said:

Everyone's apparent readiness to throw the idea of context out the window when it comes to this rule is what's most upsetting. I was in a support channel with a mod throughout the entire thing, AND a previous ticket to report the RDMers (that used the same video) got resolved without an issue.

Did you read anything? My goal was to get the mass RDMers banned, which was successful. 

I understand why you did it but context is irrelevant. You broke the NLR rule. If you don't agree with it you can try to get it changed through the right means.

Just now, Mr. Fluskies said:

NLR doesn't apply to arma glitches, so I would agree with fluffy and say NLR shouldn't apply to an RDM in most cases.

The issue with this is then people will begin to break NLR when they just think that they were RDM'd. They aren't staff, they don't decide what is or isn't RDM. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Instantmac said:

image.png.68496ba3aeb9ffd377355bedb9fe1d16.png

While that is true, it's interesting that these exceptions exist for medics. It's as if there are certain situations in which NLR shouldn't exist 

Capture.PNG

Edited by RichardDixe
Answering my own question
  • Like 1
  • Hmm 1
Just now, RichardDixe said:

While that is true, it's interesting that these exceptions exist for medics 

Capture.PNG

The exception applies to medics because if one medic is on duty and they are rdm'd then anyone in that city would bleed out because they can not return. If a medic is caught breaking nlr not only do they get banned they also lose their whitelisted role.

Just now, Doc said:

The exception applies to medics because if one medic is on duty and they are rdm'd then anyone in that city would bleed out because they can not return. If a medic is caught breaking nlr not only do they get banned they also lose their whitelisted role.

The point isn't who gets punished for breaking NLR, the point is what breaking NLR means for different players. A medic who gets RDMed can return whenever they want but I get banned for three days; and on top of it all I only returned to try and get them banned. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Not to mention, it is significantly easier to keep track of medics abusing the exception because there is only a few of them plus people will notice easier and thus report it more often than a civ breaking NLR.

Just now, TheCmdrRex said:

Not to mention, it is significantly easier to keep track of medics abusing the exception because there is only a few of them plus people will notice easier and thus report it more often than a civ breaking NLR.

I guarantee a medic could blatantly break NLR and almost zero civs would care. A civ on the other hand gets called out like crazy whenever they die legitimately and break NLR.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Blah blah blah ur staff team needs to do some serious revamp on this rule it's crippling olympus

Edited by [Slug] RapidKillz