Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

BLTN Podcast EP#1 -Cop Talk, Money Wipe, Snake Blacklist, & Warzone Island

Here's the first episode of the cast and I would say it turned out amazing. This was meant to be a mock run and I think we did good for it being the first. It started out a bit awkward/slow but then it get's better. Currently you can watch it on our Twitch page (video below) and later we will look into getting it on Youtube and maybe iTunes. If you have any suggestions to improve the show let myself or mcdili know. As always huge thanks to Kratos, Bubba, Snake, and Ace. We covered various topics such as money wipes, what happened to snake, and various cop topics. 

Youtube Version

Part 1: 

Part 2: 

• Like 7

Too long IMO.

Well they will always be minimum 1 hour. We were killing it on the conversations and ended up pulling Ace into it and it took off from their. I might start marking down when each conversation is and when we upload it to Youtube you can skip to the topics you want to hear. 

Youtube version is up. Youtube cut it into 2 parts for whatever reason. I'll look into recording the cast on my end this way it's one full video and we can do audio only. 

• Like 1

Tons of great subjects talked about in this. The one I would like to touch on the most with this incredibly long forum post is the idea of changing the economy and wiping the server. I personally agree with the idea of changing upgrades (especially all upgrades being removed from helicopters except maybe insurance) and wiping the server. I personally think the server should be on a scheduled economy (something like every 3-6 months, somewhere in that range). It would force more action and fighting, since people will have to make money, which is what tons of civ players like. Also putting it on a consistent schedule would allow people to be prepared for and just make things more interesting in the long run.

In my personal opinion I think the staff should look into changing pricing of things and making the cost of playing civ more expensive (if this happens I think cop should be adjusted as well to keep people from grinding cop for money). Once all this is done I think it should be announced that the server will be wiped on a set date and put on a scheduled wipe just to keep the economy more interesting.

The reason I feel this way is to be completely honest, as much as I love Olympus, enjoy RPing, and playing both civ and cop, lately I've had very little desire to do anything on the servers because as discussed when you go out looking for people and fights, hardly anyone is doing anything. Then when you go to make money you can just make MILLIONS with no problem at all in a very small amount of time and there's just not enough ways to spend it or fast enough ways to spend it. The same problem comes up on cop that comes in to civ when you go out robbing, you look for people and there's just nobody. Granted on cop there's plenty of other ways to have more fun, RPing with people in cities and such, still sometimes gunfights are tons of fun.

That's my opinion on the whole economy situation because that's the subject that I actually wanted to hear most about and that I'm probably most opinionated about. Give me all the flak you want, because my opinion isn't going to change and if you disagree with it, that's fine.

P.S. - Completely off the economy topic, I think the map changes so far are great, Kavala square is a little different from what I expected but most of the changes are fairly positive. Keep up the good work Jendrak. :)

Tons of great subjects talked about in this. The one I would like to touch on the most with this incredibly long forum post is the idea of changing the economy and wiping the server. I personally agree with the idea of changing upgrades (especially all upgrades being removed from helicopters except maybe insurance) and wiping the server. I personally think the server should be on a scheduled economy (something like every 3-6 months, somewhere in that range). It would force more action and fighting, since people will have to make money, which is what tons of civ players like. Also putting it on a consistent schedule would allow people to be prepared for and just make things more interesting in the long run.

In my personal opinion I think the staff should look into changing pricing of things and making the cost of playing civ more expensive (if this happens I think cop should be adjusted as well to keep people from grinding cop for money). Once all this is done I think it should be announced that the server will be wiped on a set date and put on a scheduled wipe just to keep the economy more interesting.

The reason I feel this way is to be completely honest, as much as I love Olympus, enjoy RPing, and playing both civ and cop, lately I've had very little desire to do anything on the servers because as discussed when you go out looking for people and fights, hardly anyone is doing anything. Then when you go to make money you can just make MILLIONS with no problem at all in a very small amount of time and there's just not enough ways to spend it or fast enough ways to spend it. The same problem comes up on cop that comes in to civ when you go out robbing, you look for people and there's just nobody. Granted on cop there's plenty of other ways to have more fun, RPing with people in cities and such, still sometimes gunfights are tons of fun.

That's my opinion on the whole economy situation because that's the subject that I actually wanted to hear most about and that I'm probably most opinionated about. Give me all the flak you want, because my opinion isn't going to change and if you disagree with it, that's fine.

P.S. - Completely off the economy topic, I think the map changes so far are great, Kavala square is a little different from what I expected but most of the changes are fairly positive. Keep up the good work Jendrak. :)

Glad you enjoyed the show man. I'm a bit skeptical about a money wipe but I think it will be a topic we discuss more with other guests to see what other people think. 

i left for 25 days and i got unwhitelisted. so i retook a test with travis to remain a corporal. so how is that a bad thing mcdilly ?

also. i had never once talked to travis prior to my test to remain corporal. so for the people who say its about sucking D get a grip on reality! and i feel like a celeb! nieeeece!

Few quick take-aways from a design stand point - 

- First of all, thank you very much for the kind words.  I do what I do for all of you guys!

- The current prison WILL be going away.  It will be moved to the "baseball diamond" shaped base west of Sofia HQ

- The bottom island WILL be a "warzone" that will have several capture and hold points so that gangs have something to fight over.  APD will not be allowed to patrol this area at all.  The only time they can enter is if they are actively pursuing a criminal BUT they will be KOS the second they go in so they must be aware of the risk.  WHAT will be captured and WHAT will be the benefits has yet to be determined.

- After watching this and discussing it in my stream, I will be moving the Gun Shops to a more "out of reach" location.  They will still be handy, but not in a way that promotes RDMing in town anymore.

Personal take-aways - 

- I completely agree that money is worthless ATM.  In my opinion, vehicles/weapons past basic civilian level should be GREATLY increased.

Keep this up guys....freaking awesome!

• Like 6

Few quick take-aways from a design stand point - 

- First of all, thank you very much for the kind words.  I do what I do for all of you guys!

- The current prison WILL be going away.  It will be moved to the "baseball diamond" shaped base west of Sofia HQ

- The bottom island WILL be a "warzone" that will have several capture and hold points so that gangs have something to fight over.  APD will not be allowed to patrol this area at all.  The only time they can enter is if they are actively pursuing a criminal BUT they will be KOS the second they go in so they must be aware of the risk.  WHAT will be captured and WHAT will be the benefits has yet to be determined.

- After watching this and discussing it in my stream, I will be moving the Gun Shops to a more "out of reach" location.  They will still be handy, but not in a way that promotes RDMing in town anymore.

Personal take-aways - 

- I completely agree that money is worthless ATM.  In my opinion, vehicles/weapons past basic civilian level should be GREATLY increased.

Keep this up guys....freaking awesome!

Really liking all these current and future changes, keep up the hard work Jen!