Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

[Official] Give the BLTN Podcast Suggestions, Guests, & Topics

It's time we get suggestions from the community for what topics we should discuss, who you want to hear from, and ways we can improve the show for you. Below you can find a list of approved suggestions, topics, and guests. Please remember to check the list before replying so you don't suggest something twice. 

-If a topic is approved it does not mean we WILL discuss it. It just means we approve it to be a potential topic.

-Just because a guest is approved that does NOT mean they want to come on the show. It only means we will try to get them on

Approved Suggestions/Ideas

Money giveaways during or at the end of each podcast.

Giving away donation only perks. 

Add time-stamps to Youtube video descriptions for each topic. 

Interview all community team members

Approved Topics

Future of Olympus.

Ideas to improve the servers current state.

Cop of the week.

Civ of the week.

What new charges could be added to the server.

Best moment experienced on civ?

Best moment experienced on cop?

Opinions on the new gangs?

Gang houses?

Lawyer RP (Good/Bad)

How to make the big bucks?

Community video of the week. 

Possibility of adding more donator exclusive stuff.

Potential lawyer license.

Staff playing cop in private channels. 

What would improve the community team?

Taking away coms suggestion. 

Does talking about a potential server wipe hurt the server?

Counterfeit money concept.

Is the APD not being clear enough about their rules?

How can the economy be adjusted (drug rates, drug weight, cop tickets)

Are rule changes starting to screw up roleplay (having to text players)

Are more staff members urgently needed?

Are new sergeants needed? Who would make a good one?

Burban gone now? or still alive?

Do you miss any perm banned players?

Who will take over server 3 now?

What gang do you think will be around the longest?

Will the new map improve the server?

Are the new drug locations to easy to make money?

Will there ever be a clear cut promotion system eg; time played.

Approved Guests

Jendrak

Ace

Hades

Wheatkings

Kratos

Spectral

Ares

Virus

Ham

Pink

Corporal Moob

Poseidon

Fat Clemenza

• Like 3

Community video of the week (maybe more people will make videos and branch out the community)

Tips from Virus on getting them bucks

Possibility of adding more donator exclusive stuff (maybe adding a lawyer license to $250 donators because of the suit)

HamofMlist, virus, and grandma gary to the guest list

Community video of the week (maybe more people will make videos and branch out the community)

Tips from Virus on getting them bucks

Possibility of adding more donator exclusive stuff (maybe adding a lawyer license to $250 donators because of the suit)

HamofMlist, virus, and grandma gary to the guest list

Added most of the topics you suggested. 

Turned donator exclusive suggestion into two topics. 

Approved Ham and Gary as potential guests. 

Changed tips from virus suggestion into How to Make the Big Bucks. 

Community video of the week approved and we will see if we can find any.

I don't have a problem with it, just need to confirm it with dillpickle and you will be added to the list.

we gotta learn how to make as much money as virus and what Haxz he uses XD

Auto Jail time for certain charges. Big Bad Adam and Pappysatch had a good idea, i.e If you have over 5 Manslaughters and get caught, the APD sends you straight to jail. 

The reasoning for this would be if someone killed over 5 people and then pay their ticket what is to stop them from doing it all over again. They killed and stole over 1m worth of stuff then pay a 300k ticket and do it all over again.

I got an A in a public speaking class I took a year ago. If you ever want me on, then I'd be more than happy to come on and jaw jack with the other members of the community. 

Also, a suggestion/question that you might be able to bring up would be this: Will there be any changes made to the current progression of ranks within the APD. See here for a better idea of what I am trying to get at. 

I got an A in a public speaking class I took a year ago. If you ever want me on, then I'd be more than happy to come on and jaw jack with the other members of the community. 

Also, a suggestion/question that you might be able to bring up would be this: Will there be any changes made to the current progression of ranks within the APD. See here for a better idea of what I am trying to get at. 

Suggestion added. 

Also we would love to have you on sometime. Would allow us to mix the guests up a bit. 

Age is not a factor...  baby feeding time is.  But for a Podcast I should be alright... especially if you end up switching to two, one hour episodes and at least one of them still starts at midnight.

Still no clue if we are switching to two a week and if we do I'm not sure what time/day it will be. I do want to get you on tho so we need to work something out. 

Not sure if you're looking for anyone like this, but it seems like your guest list is slanted towards the APD considerably. If you want an unbiased view from the R&R on a subject in your discussions, I'd be more than happy to interject  :P.

We 100% want to have more diversity on the cast. This week it we will have Jendrak on and I'm pushing to get Poseidon for a dev cast. 

• Like 2

Guest Suggestions : 

People you know have been with the community for along time (the dedicated members).

People that are known around the servers / website.

Topic Suggestions: 

I unfortunately have none to suggest here

And For Suggestions In General:

Keep Up The Good Work :)

(have none here either lol)

• Like 2

As an aspiring yet " :ph34r: skilled :ph34r: "  Medical Personal. I've had a few thoughts:

-Maybe medics should have a visibly displayed rank next to their names, similar to cops? Badges of sorts.  (May intrigue)

-Perhaps better vehicle colors. The Yellow/Green seems a bit outdated. Although the emergency lights in yellow/bluish are pretty dope.

-Medical clothing differences/unlocks based on rank. e.g. an Air Responder is dressed differently then a Dispatch/Patrolling type rank.

-Perhaps the unique ability to be able to spawn an EMS vehicle containing 3 extra toolkits, plus the initial 3 on-person toolkits.

-New Training/Testing methods involving responding and prioritizing targets.  If a medic is alone, train them in a starter route(this could vary)

I have more ideas but who knows. Ok thanks for reading!!, be sure to support your server medics!  :lol:

[Medic] Isaac Newton 

Shoutout! If I could say one thing on the cast or w/e it would be:

"Can't wait to raise in the ranks, support my promotion and my services. B) "

(optional to read)

-Fix the "slingshotting" that occasionally occurs when towing a vehicle.  I am only Dispatch so this doesn't apply to me ...yet!  However, a fellow RR told me that he experienced this numerous times.  This along with the scroll/lock freezing bug that occurs when moving and healing.  Uniforms obviously also bug out upon server entry. I will likely submit a ticket hence the -optional-

As an aspiring yet " :ph34r: skilled :ph34r: "  Medical Personal. I've had a few thoughts:

-Maybe medics should have a visibly displayed rank next to their names, similar to cops? Badges of sorts.  (May intrigue)

-Perhaps better vehicle colors. The Yellow/Green seems a bit outdated. Although the emergency lights in yellow/bluish are pretty dope.

-Medical clothing differences/unlocks based on rank. e.g. an Air Responder is dressed differently then a Dispatch/Patrolling type rank.

-Perhaps the unique ability to be able to spawn an EMS vehicle containing 3 extra toolkits, plus the initial 3 on-person toolkits.

-New Training/Testing methods involving responding and prioritizing targets.  If a medic is alone, train them in a starter route(this could vary)

I have more ideas but who knows. Ok thanks for reading!!, be sure to support your server medics!  :lol:

[Medic] Isaac Newton 

Shoutout! If I could say one thing on the cast or w/e it would be:

"Can't wait to raise in the ranks, support my promotion and my services. B) "

(optional to read)

-Fix the "slingshotting" that occasionally occurs when towing a vehicle.  I am only Dispatch so this doesn't apply to me ...yet!  However, a fellow RR told me that he experienced this numerous times.  This along with the scroll/lock freezing bug that occurs when moving and healing.  Uniforms obviously also bug out upon server entry. I will likely submit a ticket hence the -optional-

This isn't the place for this kind of post.  This should be posted in the R&R section or the suggestion section.

Plus - don't hate on my skin design if you have no basis on where it originally came from.  Arma 3 has a hardcoded repair offroad that matches this color scheme.  I took their design and made it Olympus' own.  I then took that design and made it work for all of the other vehicles and the uniform.  

Finally - I can't express this enough (and I know because I built the R&R system from scratch) - YOU ARE NOT A MEDIC....you are a Rescue & Recovery member.  You RESCUE & RECOVERY people AND vehicles.  

Side note - randomly asking for promotions in every thread you post in and in the status bar is literally the WORST thing you can do when wanting a promotion.  You earn it...you don't beg for it.  I GUARANTEE you that when people do that the R&R Coordinators put those promotions at the bottom of the list.

(optional to read....no just kidding...seriously read this)

If you found a bug on the server, please please PLEASE, submit a bug report on it instead of just bitching about it randomly on the forums.  This is the only sure fire way we will know about it.

• Like 3