My Issue With The APD

On 9/25/2018 at 8:46 AM, Deadpool said:

Then Learn how to flare a titan and get better gunners

Cops should definitely be valuing their life more then they do now. Because they know that if they die they respawen with free gear

• Downvote 1
On 9/25/2018 at 1:29 PM, Greenarrow said:

IMO: Reasons to pull ghosthawks

-Federal events after the bomb has blown

-2nd wave Rebel or Warzone

-Rescuing tazed cops? but that's kinda overkill (considering you'd kill the cops being taken)

I'd like to see Hunters utilized more to give the whole thing a more SWAT feel. Ghosthawks being pulled on orcas and hummingbirds just because they pissed you off are dumb. Ghosthawks being utilized for patrols are even worse.

So how come I’ll be flying around near Sofia and all of a sudden I’m engaged by a ghost hawk and I’m flying my uninsured orca in circles around the area until one of my gang members get a titan. Lmao

• Downvote 1
  • 1 month later...

@Dante Now that you have changed to rule that civs can get fucked I would like you to consider this post heavily as the civs lose mass amounts of money on warzone fighting and cops can just abuse it with unlimited free loadouts.

11 minutes ago, Silton said:

@Dante Now that you have changed to rule that civs can get fucked I would like you to consider this post heavily as the civs lose mass amounts of money on warzone fighting and cops can just abuse it with unlimited free loadouts.

That's the cost of doing the most illegal activity in altis, and going to the most dangerous place in altis. Sergeants also lose ghost hawks, in some situations and those are around 800k each.

Just now, Imawowboy said:

That's the cost of doing the most illegal activity in altis, and going to the most dangerous place in altis. Sergeants also lose ghost hawks, in some situations and those are around 800k each.

Loadout costs 250k Ifrit Costs 750k. Next

Then go do drug runs, you probably shouldn't be fighting in the warzone if you can't afford it. 

I thought ifrits were 450K? 

I can afford it. its unfair how civs have to pay every time for their loadouts and cops don't on warzone

1 minute ago, Silton said:

I can afford it. its unfair how civs have to pay every time for their loadouts and cops don't on warzone

It's unfair that the only gear deputies get is a T1 vest and a sting, Po's get a T2 vest and either a spar or MX, deps and POs make up 85% of the police force, and they can't even lethal you. They also have to code three telling you they are coming, or they have to verbally engage, in fucking warzone. You know they are coming from 1K away.

2 minutes ago, Imawowboy said:

deps and POs make up 85% of the police force, and they can't even lethal you.

Why should a majority of the police force get access to lethals? That would be super unbalanced and there would be no point in grinding for a higher rank

• TriHard 1
  • Downvote 2
1 minute ago, Imawowboy said:

It's unfair that the only gear deputies get is a T1 vest and a sting, Po's get a T2 vest and either a spar or MX, deps and POs make up 85% of the police force, and they can't even lethal you. They also have to code three telling you they are coming, or they have to verbally engage, in fucking warzone. You know they are coming from 1K away.

No its not unfair. It would be beyond stupid if all cops had god gear. Cops know the risk and what goes down at warzone they should lose their gear like everyone else that dies there. Also civs pay a premium price for the gear, cops pay a 1 time fee, unless stolen which has been made considerably harder and limited to every 30mins. Civs also have to do runs which are a whole other story.

Just now, hawk said:

Why should a majority of the police force get access to lethals? That would be super unbalanced and there would be no point in grinding for a higher rank

I'm not saying they should, that would be ridiculously over powerd. But he's trying to act as if the APD is a really powerful, unstoppable force.

1 minute ago, OutCast said:

LMAO! Is some sAPD member telling you to pay for the hawk when you asked "Can we patrol in a Ghost Hawk?" Hawk insurance is like 380k if I remember correctly.

No, I just remember someone telling me that the hawk itself cost around 800k.

I'm not saying they should, that would be ridiculously over powerd. But he's trying to act as if the APD is a really powerful, unstoppable force.

Thank god, I didn't know if you were being sarcastic or not :lol:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Silton said:

No its not unfair. It would be beyond stupid if all cops had god gear. Cops know the risk and what goes down at warzone they should lose their gear like everyone else that dies there. Also civs pay a premium price for the gear, cops pay a 1 time fee, unless stolen which has been made considerably harder and limited to every 30mins. Civs also have to do runs which are a whole other story.

If cops are raiding war zone, kill them on the first wave, and then leave, it's not that hard. Runs also aren't hard, they just take time.

If cops are raiding war zone, kill them on the first wave, and then leave, it's not that hard. Runs also aren't hard, they just take time.

See I know you have never fought a cartel and have no clue what you are talking about but its not as simple as it seems. Runs take time and you can also get fucked by cops and civs. Cops just run around shooting people and getting easy money

1 minute ago, hurican said:

this guy is on a whole new level

people act like cops are OP, and they aren't.

Just now, Silton said:

See I know you have never fought a cartel and have no clue what you are talking about but its not as simple as it seems. Runs take time and you can also get fucked by cops and civs. Cops just run around shooting people and getting easy money

On Friday I spent 3 hours checking redzones, nonstop,  and found no one, that's really ez money. Or I could of done 6 salvage runs with those 3 hours and made 3.6M, I have done over 100 salvage runs and have only ever been robbed once.

If you know the cops are coming back, just suck it up and leave. wait 5 mins for them to be on their 30 min timer, then go back. Obviously if there are two gangs fighting and the cops show up, both gangs should use common sense,  team up to kill the cops, then just go their separate ways until the cops have to wait the 30 mins to come back.

5 minutes ago, Imawowboy said:

both gangs should use common sense,  team up to kill the cops

ahhh you are way more braindead than I thought. 90% of the time not going to happen. Also 3 hours no money on cop. You're a shit cop its easy money

3 minutes ago, Silton said:

ahhh you are way more braindead than I thought. 90% of the time not going to happen. Also 3 hours no money on cop. You're a shit cop its easy money

Then you are obviously going to lose if you guys are fighting each other and the cops at the same time, that's more both of the gangs faults fore being dumb, than the cops being OP. 

There is not much I can do when everyone is at warzone fighting for 3 hours straight, oh wait, now I can just have ask a sergeant to get on and we can raid it. Thanks @Dante

Then you are obviously going to lose if you guys are fighting each other and the cops at the same time, that's more both of the gangs faults fore being dumb, than the cops being OP. 

There is not much I can do when everyone is at warzone fighting for 3 hours straight, oh wait, now I can just have ask a sergeant to get on and we can raid it. Thanks @Dante

ahhh when did I say that cops are OP? Never in this post. I feel that they should lose money as civs do on warzone as it would make it more fair. Please read instead of talking dumb shit cause you're a new player that think you know what you are talking about but all you are is a retard who plays cop and does salvage runs.

Just now, Silton said:

ahhh when did I say that cops are OP? Never in this post. I feel that they should lose money as civs do on warzone as it would make it more fair. Please read instead of talking dumb shit cause you're a new player that think you know what you are talking about but all you are is a retard who plays cop and does salvage runs.

That's true, you didn;t directly say they were OP, but in situations like this, that is what people think. It's already fair enough that you guys get 3x better gear, and they have to code three.

That's true, you didn;t directly say they were OP, but in situations like this, that is what people think. It's already fair enough that you guys get 3x better gear, and they have to code three.

seniors get better gear and they are the ones that come to warzone. Also people know when you are coming on WZ code 3 or not

On 9/25/2018 at 1:44 AM, Silton said:

That's what im saying. If it was only for warzone it would either discourage cops from coming or encourage smart play from the cops.

Cops do extremely dumb stuff. Pulling their car in front of you (easy comp), climbing up ladders after threatening to taze you, and engaging huge groups solo. Some ideas: 

Add tiers to rebel that give gear and weapon discounts, or just add a flat discount for armor and weapons. If people want gear to actually be meaningful, then punish cops for being dumb via a flat respawn fee. In real life, police spend huge amounts of money on gear and vehicles. Losing a vehicle or a gun is expensive. 

Either rebel/civ gear should cost less, or cop gear should cost more. Maybe give a reward for killing cops because there is next to no point in actively fighting them.

Cops could drop badges when they die, which could be turned in at Rebel for money (or warpoints). 

Edited by Septimus