Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

My Issue With The APD

8 minutes ago, Silton said:

My main issue with the APD is fighting seniors at warzone. Even though it has been decreased heavily since the rules have changed there is still rats like @a overweight giant retard who fly around the edge of warzone waiting to chase someone in with a plane like the rat he is :). Ever since @RabidAltLeL aka wifi.rip legend has been permed dealing with these seniors has been made much harder :pog:. I find it extremely unfair how senior APD members get mk1 loadouts with sweet vests for fuck all money and just get it back when they respawn, while civs have to pay 250k just to get a mk1 with a tier 3 vest.

This post actually makes me laugh hard

i don’t camp warzone, literally 70% of the time it’s a random leading me to OG during a fight then tapping flares like “go get em xddd”

2 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Dmxw30PXgAAteq6.jpg 

god forbid anyone suggest nerfing the APD.

1 minute ago, Pledge said:

Hey dude, I'm up for civs getting a warpoint for killing cops in warzone. Good idea. As for the rest... Hell no

why?

• Like 8

HQ takeovers would be a good balance. Have a flagpole that requires lets say 2 minutes of capping, if you get restrained it obviously cancels. Cops can respawn as many times as they want until it is capped. Once it is capped, they cannot spawn there and must repair the flagpole by spawning somewhere else and driving in. Otherwise it will be automatically repaired after 5 minutes. This gives the civs enough time to escape.

Maybe even give cops spawns outside of the HQ once the flagpole is capped?

I don't see a problem with increasing the cost of guns to ~80k for a MX since they never lose them anyways

Honestly I feel Like civ's should get something for killing cops. In general its unfun to have to chase everybody you find till they crash maybe if they get something for killing cops we might see a increase in civ's provoking fights and staying when caught Maybe scale it so Po's and Deputies give 1 Corps and Sapd 2 might be something to consider.

As for the rest ever sense Dominick left and rules got restricted think its been pretty fair when it comes to warzone raiding requirements and fights. You have to remember there is what 14 people who are all expected to play to some extent each week who can even raid it on top of that they need probable cause to even go in if there's any even on.

Also pretty sure @a overweight giant retard has been skirting along that border for his whole APD career mans literally said you could put a checkpoint on the road leading in when he was chef of the police

Edited by Hoonter

I also like the idea of getting war points for killing cops in warzone, as for the rest there are some valid points made. There is truth in the fact that it is more difficult for a civ to make money with the risk that is involved in doing so, whereas a cop loses nothing most of the time they play, and if nothing else are gaining money. Given that Sr APD do tend to lose a good bit when it comes to getting Ghosthawks shot down or titand, as for the rest of the APD there is usually no loss. Maybe it is meant to be that way but I think some kind of change when it came to a civ making money with the risks being involved compared to cops making money with no risk. Not that I have any suggestions to voice here that are original, but to bounce an idea off of Silton's post if there was a way to tax a cops account a small amount to help balance things when they are killed on warzone or any red zone, perhaps it would make cops value a single life more than usual.

I am a PO now, and I intend on continue playing cop more, so for me this would be good. I feel like if a cop valued life a little more with the fact of not having NLR then it would help balance things. When it comes to the taxed amount, I am thinking like 2-3k with a 5k max. If you are responding in waves to a redzone/federal event, this can add up a good bit. In the same instance a cop can make the amount lost back x10 with processing one person. 

Maybe something similar to this was thought of previously, and shot down for some countermeasure that I dont know of or haven't thought of.

Not trying to make this a shit post either
and I am not trying to side with @Silton, mans is aids.
:bender-dance:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hoonter said:

Honestly I feel Like civ's should get something for killing cops. In general its unfun to have to chase everybody you find till they crash maybe if they get something for killing cops we might see a increase in civ's provoking fights and staying when caught Maybe scale it so Po's and Deputies give 1 Corps and Sapd 2 might be something to consider.

As for the rest ever sense Dominick left and rules got restricted think its been pretty fair when it comes to warzone raiding requirements and fights. You have to remember there is what 14 people who are all expected to play to some extent each week who can even raid it on top of that they need probable cause to even go in if there's any even on. 

Also pretty sure @a overweight giant retard has been skirting along that border for his whole APD career mans literally said you could put a checkpoint on the road leading in

warzone raiding isn't really the problem its cops not losing money and making fucking bank

• Like 1
Just now, Hoonter said:

Yeah cause we don't get our helis shot down by a auto locking missle half the time when going in.

and I don't lose a box truck full of moonshine a 250k loadout have to pay 260k fee and get 60mins in jail when I get caught at brewery???? 

Just now, Silton said:

and I don't lose a box truck full of moonshine a 250k loadout have to pay 260k fee and get 60mins in jail when I get caught at brewery???? 

How does you getting caught and moonshine relate to the current argument about warzone?

Just now, Hoonter said:

How does you getting caught and moonshine relate to the current argument about warzone?

Once again its not about warzone. Its about money loss cops vs civs. We lose mass amounts of money on warzone as well. you get titaned 170k. We die 250k. We get tased 250k - 500k +jail.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Silton said:

Once again its not about warzone. Its about money loss cops vs civs. We lose mass amounts of money on warzone as well. you get titaned 170k. We die 250k. We get tased 250k - 500k +jail.

Cop does make money yes but you know how inconsistent it is sometimes I can go hours without finding anybody doing anything. If you make it so cops lose money for getting shot in the back thats very unfun from the cop perspective plenty of officers our poor and the Seniors you want to nerf our for the most part staff with Infinite money or just fucking rich from years of playing like not more then 4 who have less then 20 mil. So all you would be doing is hurting Corps and lower who make up a majority of the APD. I understand jail and bounties our unfun for civs but you also have plenty of ways to avoid getting sent to jail for that much.

34 minutes ago, Ronin said:

give us HQ takeovers already, so many buffs to APD lately.

30 minutes ago, ChubbyElf said:

HQ takeovers would be a good balance.

HQ takeovers are coming soonTM

The idea is already flushed out but it is just waiting on development. 

6 minutes ago, snipeZ said:

Soooo can someone remind me why people are complaining about how much money APD is making when medics literally have discounts on their vehicles which aren't even allowed to be stolen?

Medics help the civs by reviving them and doing a service. Cops fuck everyones day up and lose nothing. zzzz

7 minutes ago, Hoonter said:

Cop does make money yes but you know how inconsistent it is sometimes I can go hours without finding anybody doing anything. If you make it so cops lose money for getting shot in the back thats very unfun from the cop perspective plenty of officers our poor and the Seniors you want to nerf our for the most part staff with Infinite money or just fucking rich from years of playing like not more then 4 who have less then 20 mil. So all you would be doing is hurting Corps and lower who make up a majority of the APD. I understand jail and bounties our unfun for civs but you also have plenty of ways to avoid getting sent to jail for that much.

I understand as I have been a cop. But making money on civ is much more risky and you cant even do it successfully when the server is full pop where cops make more on full pop. Also it the times where you can go hours without making money civs can lose millions just looking for fights. I just want to balance the loss of money between the 2 faction cause at this current point in time its extremely unbalanced

2 minutes ago, Silton said:

Medics help the civs by reviving them and doing a service. Cops fuck everyones day up and lose nothing. zzzz

But your argument is that we earn money. Well medics earn it a lot more and with much less risk. So are you complaining about how we fight or what we earn when we fight?

Just now, snipeZ said:

But your argument is that we earn money. Well medics earn it a lot more and with much less risk. So are you complaining about how we fight or what we earn when we fight?

Try again buddy. My argument is that cops lose almost no money and make money through combat and at the expensive of civs. Medics make money at the benefit of civs. Also a lot more money imma have to disagree there buddy ive made quicker money on cop then on medic but as @Hoonter said its inconsistent 

Civs make money at the expense of cops, cops make money at the expensive of civs.

Its a circle. 

Both sides loose the greatest resource of all when they lose fights, TIME. You know how tilted i get when i try and catch Sam or one of the others at meth lab and he just takes off in his blackfish never to be seen again? Or when the gold transport after a fed is gone in 30 seconds inside of a blackfish? 

@Silton i swear the next time you try and block off HQ with your van when I am trying to respond to a jail i will arrest you

Edited by Luke Duke
1 minute ago, Luke Duke said:

Civs make money at the expense of cops, cops make money at the expensive of civs.

Its a circle. 

Civs lose much more money then cops and civs make much less from cops. It must we a weird looking circe

2 minutes ago, Luke Duke said:

@Silton i swear the next time you try and block off HQ with your van when I am trying to respond to a jail i will arrest you

That was my stand for justice

1 hour ago, a overweight giant retard said:

This post actually makes me laugh hard

i don’t camp warzone, literally 70% of the time it’s a random leading me to OG during a fight then tapping flares like “go get em xddd”

tbh I just wanted to call you a rat and I saw you pile drive a plane into the ground then bring a ghawk

The only thing I like in this is Warpoints when killing a cop in Warzone, hell it’d be cool if Rebel’s were added to that as well. 

Now, yeah I’ve got a lot of money and that’s come from Cop and Moonshine runs. However, my money hasn’t went up since becoming Corporal. So I can tell you, I’m not making or losing money right now. 

Making cops pay for loadouts each time they die is dumb and I’ve got some ideas for runs. So stayed tuned. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Making cops pay for loadouts each time they die is dumb and I’ve got some ideas for runs. So stayed tuned. 

Close. Only pay for their loadouts when they die on warzone or get robbed. All the time would be dumb

• Like 1