UFC 229

Hey everyone, I am a relatively new fan in the UFC and have been watching for a little over a year now. I was interested in people's opinions on who they think is most likely to win between Conor vs Khabib. Regardless of who wins, I think it is going to be a great fight and worth the PPV ticket. 

13 minutes ago, Matt The Savage said:

I think we all want connor to win.. I feel like no one really watches khabibs fights 

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same when it comes to Khabib's fights. Personally, I think that if Khabib were to win the UFC would just lose a major selling point unless they have a rematch planned. He is just not as big when it comes to bringing in new fans to the sport. Sure, that may be a highly biased and "casual" opinion, but if Conor wins, it will only bring in more viewers to watch his fights. 

• Downvote 1
2 hours ago, dog:) said:

Khabib will probably beat the god of war

The whole card in itself is amazing. The UFC will experience many changes depending on the outcome of these fights. As I said, I do not mind who wins but I think that people are greatly underestimating Conor at an embarrassing level. Vegas odds are reasonable but I do not see how people claim Khabib will "maul" Conor and it will be that one-sided. Even though he took a two year break period after the Mayweather fight, it is not as if he stopped training. More importantly, people are not acknowledging his adaptability to fighting and amazing fight IQ. Conor has always improved upon previous fights and planned ahead based on his opponents' fighting style. An example of this would be his fight against Jose Aldo where he pre-planned the punch that would knock him out. 

2 hours ago, The_Revenant said:

Khabib is a fucking animal. He will probably win.

Yeah I can see him having a good chance at winning. He just needs to be careful with Conor's left hook and not rush in as he usually does. If the round goes past the third, I am sure that Khabib will win.

Edited by poundcake
On 9/28/2018 at 3:24 PM, poundcake said:

Yeah I can see him having a good chance at winning. He just needs to be careful with Conor's left hook and not rush in as he usually does. If the round goes past the third, I am sure that Khabib will win.

Nigga wrestled bears. If he gets Conor on the ground, I feel like he'll win.

Russians wrestle bears as children. Irish start drinking whiskey after breast milk. Nurmagomedov is going to win. - a wise man from a YouTube comment section

• 1 year later...