Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

What do i keep from salvage

I tossed glass and lock picks and kept the rest when I ran salvage. That seemed to be most profitable for me for the time per run - would average about 350-400kish and that didn’t include the price of the moonshine. 

• Admin

For the most profit per hour only toss out glass and lockpicks. If your going to do salvage a lot you should look into a house buy the sell to store moonshine/rob people.

so i used to do a lot of salvage... actually is how i have much of the small fortune i own... i spec'd out dropping the low priced items etc. and found that $/run was much higher but $/hr was lower... So I bought a house in neochori and would only drop lockpicks... sell w/ a WPL... then when i had enough glass in my house to fill a tempest, id go sell that... obviously same with moonshine - i would go and take cartel at like 3 am and sell a mohawk full at a time...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Big Steve said:

Toss glass, lockpicks (unless you need some), amethysts, topaz, and scrap metal. Keep your moonshine and store it in a house.

Spreadsheet sceenshot- https://gyazo.com/6ad8f82356ec3869e6d40976986c8fa6

don't do this, this would literately take like an hour and a half considering that topaz and scrap metal are 30% of the thing you collect. 

Edited by Imawowboy
Just now, Imawowboy said:

don't do this, this would literately take like an hour and a half considering that topaz and scrap metal are 30% of the thing you collect.

Nope, takes roughly the same time and doesn't fill you inventory with worthless shit when you could potentially get something better. Easily over 600k, more with a WPL.

4 minutes ago, Big Steve said:

Nope, takes roughly the same time and doesn't fill you inventory with worthless shit when you could potentially get something better. Easily over 600k, more with a WPL.

How would it take same amount of time? You are removing items forcing you to spend more time picking... Would take far longer... I can usually do a full sub full upgraded and bergan in like 40 minutes or less... The $/minute isn't worth tossing the extra crap trust me...

1 minute ago, Big Steve said:

that's not true at all, it take around 32 mins for a normal salvage run (only getting rid of glass and lockpicks), and it takes 40mins when you also get rid of amethyst. I was wrong Scrap and topaz is about 50% of the items you collect, and amethyst is 10%. So if my taking away 10% of what you collect to fill something else, it adds 8 mins. now with the additional 50%, we have 40 mins. so 40+40=80 giving you one hour and 20 mins of time spent collecting.

5 hours ago, Imawowboy said:

that's not true at all, it take around 32 mins for a normal salvage run (only getting rid of glass and lockpicks), and it takes 40mins when you also get rid of amethyst. I was wrong Scrap and topaz is about 50% of the items you collect, and amethyst is 10%. So if my taking away 10% of what you collect to fill something else, it adds 8 mins. now with the additional 50%, we have 40 mins. so 40+40=80 giving you one hour and 20 mins of time spent collecting.

Just go do it. I guarantee it won't take an hour and a half. It might add an extra 10-20 minutes depending on the weight of items you get. That's what I meant when I said roughly, if you're out AFK salvaging its barely noticeable. It's It's much more profitable if you store the moonshine you get, since you have the chance to get more. I've pulled more than 40 moonshine from a run.

7 hours ago, MAV said:

so i used to do a lot of salvage... actually is how i have much of the small fortune i own... i spec'd out dropping the low priced items etc. and found that $/run was much higher but $/hr was lower... So I bought a house in neochori and would only drop lockpicks... sell w/ a WPL... then when i had enough glass in my house to fill a tempest, id go sell that... obviously same with moonshine - i would go and take cartel at like 3 am and sell a mohawk full at a time...

this seems best to me as i already have a house for it. Thanks for all the help guys :)

• Like 1