How To Bring Back Ganglife

7 hours ago, indian said:

I can go further into debt after I’m done eating but cops aren’t OP on that server, they don’t make half the money olympus cops do. Interactions with cops on that server have actually been fun for me because they’re all mature and none of them robocop or try to buff themselves against civs. I talked to a LT and SGT and they all have gear that POs wear on olympus, they are against buffs for APD and their goals are to enhance the gameplay for civs rather than completely fuck them over and seek revenge such as what 2 lieutenants did to me a couple months ago on olympus. They camped my house with all of the gear I had won for over 5 months in [ - ] with RPGs and other rare gear that actually meant a lot to me. Hawk told me that they sat there for around 2-3 hours just to steal everything that our gang had in our homes. When I lost all my possessions on this server, I was so close to quitting and going to another server with most of the other old [ - ] guys. If that same event happened now and [ - ] was still a thing, Olympus would have lost another major gang to Asylum.

So you want cops to make no money, be forced to rp, and have worse load outs? What exactly do cops get out of this

Unpopular opinion

Olympus should report all ddosers to the police

1 minute ago, hurican said:

example of the cop mindset, everything gotta be a buff

Example of a civ mindset, everything must be to their advantage and all other roles must not be worth playing.

Cops make shit money pop time. All money is split.

16 hours ago, bdj said:

I agree that people who break the rules should be respectably banned but i dont agree with the same punishment. The perms are in the same ballpark in the sense that the people banned used a third party but for people like @ApacheWarrior shouldn't receive the same treatment that people who ddos are. Most people that got permed for JUST pulldowns try to get unpermed asap and this is because they, in a way, genuinely care about olympus. I could go into the psychology of why people use pulldowns for hours but to make a shit post short, people use pulldowns to essentially 'become or be known as good'. All this to say that those people who use/get permed for pulldowns don't use pulldowns because they want to corrupt/cause harm to the server. However, people who ddos/silent aim/lag switch do this TO corrupt/cause harm to the server and the players they are attacking, they do this knowing very well that they will get permed and don't genuinely care about the server. These are the people who should be permed and stay permed because at the end of the day the don't REALLY care if they get unpermed or not.

So what youre saying is that for people who have been permed for using 3rd party programs for scripting (ahks), who have knowingly been breaking the rules, should not only have their perm lifted but should have a second chance at using third parties in olympus? Dont see how bringing scripters back "revives" gang life.

1 hour ago, Toasty said:

So what youre saying is that for people who have been permed for using 3rd party programs for scripting (ahks), who have knowingly been breaking the rules, should not only have their perm lifted but should have a second chance at using third parties in olympus? Dont see how bringing scripters back "revives" gang life.

because more people unbanned = more people playing. Im not sure what kinda spastic cant understand that :D.

Through the use of your logic, a VDM'er who is unbanned is just someone given a second chance to VDM. Your a mong, don't comment further.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Reformed Community Member said:

because more people unbanned = more people playing. Im not sure what kinda spastic cant understand that :D.

Through the use of your logic, a VDM'er who is unbanned is just someone given a second chance to VDM. Your a mong, don't comment further.

Theres a difference between standard rule breaking (VDMing) and scripting. Unbanning people who have cheated is giving them a second opportunity to use scripts. I agree with unbanning people banned for common rule breaking, but not for cheating.

43 minutes ago, Toasty said:

Theres a difference between standard rule breaking (VDMing) and scripting. Unbanning people who have cheated is giving them a second opportunity to use scripts. I agree with unbanning people banned for common rule breaking, but not for cheating.

You use the word 'cheating' like they were Aimlocking or smth. I don't use pulldowns as said previously but I don't see that it gives a great lot of benefit unless your literally playing with your feet. 

As said in an older post, so many people have tried them and not been caught or currently use them it would be retarded not to give them a second chance. Its not nearly as deep as you make it out to be, a shit kid with pulldowns is still going to be shit lmfao.